ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Director On 60 Minutes Says China is Biggest Threat to US

There is skill and that is beneficial in the tech field, but the toys and other cheap items it’s not a world of difference. China developed that skill over time. So would other locations. Just look at Vietnam. They have quickly demonstrated they are a viable alternative, but they border China and you have to ship through areas China is beefing up with man made islands. Bring these factories to Central America and I bet in a decade they catch up or get real close to it. Maybe leave some stuff in China, but spread things out some so there’s not that dependence on them for all things.
Did “China develop that skill over time,” or have we? Every time I make it back to Iowa City I’m floored by how many Chinese students driving expensive and flashy cars are hitting up businesses that cater specifically to them. IC can’t be the only American college town where this is the norm.

Reactions: 24 so far
Did “China develop that skill over time,” or have we? Every time I make it back to Iowa City I’m floored by how many Chinese students driving expensive and flashy cars are hitting up businesses that cater specifically to them. IC can’t be the only American college town where this is the norm.
If only there were a way to keep Chinese Nationals out of American Universities.............
but think of all the hurt feelings, and we can't have that! LOL!

Reactions: goldmom
Respectfully disagree. There are 3 main trade strategies to protect your domestic workers. They are:

1. China strategy - use cybertheft, currency manipulation, and state owned enterprise subsidies
2. French strategy - high tariffs
3. German strategy - high SAVINGS rate as Germany runs Current Account Surplus at 8% of GDP.

If you believe in the Law of Supply and Demand the economic formula that applies is:

Savings-Investment=Exports-Imports

Free trade (no tariffs) with high consumption, leads to massive trade deficits and crushes a countries working class.

The best way to increase savings is to stop running budget deficits and start paying down the $27 Trillion National Debt. Budget deficits are dis-savings.
Agreed. But to Trump, he seemingly only saw option 2 as a strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT