ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Director Wray says scale of Chinese spying in the U.S. 'blew me away'

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
Chinese spying in the U.S. has become so widespread that the FBI is launching an average of two counterintelligence investigations a day to counter the onslaught, FBI Director Christopher Wray said in an interview.

Wray has become the U.S. government’s most outspoken critic of the Chinese government’s spying. In an exclusive NBC News interview, he said the sheer scale of Chinese efforts to steal U.S. technology shocked him when he became FBI director in 2017.

“This one blew me away. And I’m not the kind of guy that uses words like ‘blown away’ easily," he said.

Wray said the FBI is opening a new China related counter-intelligence investigation on average every 12 hours, with over 2,000 such cases currently underway.

“There is no country that presents a broader, more severe threat to our innovation, our ideas and our economic security than China does,” he said.

Chinese Spying

Probably a farmer of Chinese descent but a few years ago driving down country road, we saw someone along side a field of corn, who stepped into the corn as we drove by. What made us suspicious is that he was in a suit and there was no vehicle parked where you could see it nearby. (We thought a partner had dropped him off and would pick him up after he got what he was after - hybrid corn?)

Probably a farmer of Chinese descent but a few years ago driving down country road, we saw someone along side a field of corn, who stepped into the corn as we drove by. What made us suspicious is that he was in a suit and there was no vehicle parked where you could see it nearby. (We thought a partner had dropped him off and would pick him up after he got what he was after - hybrid corn?)
Could've been a baby Bigfoot.

That was probably just your local Monsanto rep making sure you’re in compliance.

ADVERTISEMENT