ADVERTISEMENT

FBI investigating Hunter Biden 'laptop story' as being part of foreign intelligence operation

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
WASHINGTON — Federal investigators are examining whether the emails allegedly describing activities by Joe Biden and his son Hunter and found on a laptop at a Delaware repair shop are linked to a foreign intelligence operation, two people familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The FBI seized the laptop and a hard drive through a grand jury subpoena. The subpoena was later published by the New York Post. The bureau has declined to comment.

The Post, a conservative tabloid, has published a series of stories based on emails the newspaper said it obtained from President Donald Trump’s attorney, Rudy Giuliani. The first story highlighted what it called a “smoking gun email” that suggested a meeting between Vice President Biden and a representative of a Ukrainian company that once paid Hunter Biden. The Biden campaign says there is no evidence the meeting happened, and the story was greeted with widespread skepticism.

George Mesires, attorney for Hunter Biden, said in a statement, “We have no idea where this came from, and certainly cannot credit anything that Rudy Giuliani provided to the New York Post, but what I do know for certain is that this purported meeting never happened.”

“The New York Post never asked the Biden campaign about the critical elements of this story,” said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates. “They certainly never raised that Rudy Giuliani — whose discredited conspiracy theories and alliance with figures connected to Russian intelligence have been widely reported — claimed to have such materials.”

Bates added, “We have reviewed Joe Biden's official schedules from the time and no meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place."

Questions have swirled around the Post’s account of how it obtained the emails and other materials. The newspaper said they were found on a laptop left in a Delaware repair shop in April 2019 and never claimed. The repair shop owner then took it upon himself to access the private material, the Post said.

The Post said the shop owner, who has been identified as Mac Isaac, called the FBI, and also called a Giuliani associate. The shop owner said he believed the laptop was among equipment left by Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s son, because a sticker on the laptop bore the name of the Beau Biden Foundation, a charity named after his late brother.

GOP in 2020

WelldocumentedPleasedLarva-max-14mb.gif

I dont know what is or isn't reql in all of this but if you thought Biden was stupid enough to put a meeting with Ukraine on his fvcking calendar I have some ocean front property in Guthrie County to sell you.
Why not apply this logic to Hunter's laptop? Because he would use cocaine, suddenly his legal education vanishes and he's dumb enough to take a laptop with evidence of his own crimes to a unknown third party for service?

I'm quite certain the FBI is first going to determine if that is (was) Hunter's laptop and whether these email are legit. If they are not, you move on from there.

The GOP and Fox News are so desperate at this point. This won't change a thing. We are in the middle of a pandemic, that is a little bit more top of mind for folks. BTW, one of the first things the FCC should do in a Biden/Harris administration is shut down Fox and charge whoever is in charge there with crimes against humanity. They've been complicit in genocide because of the false information they have peddled throughout this pandemic.

Good idea. Sounds bit like a predetermined conclusion though doesn't it? Shouldn't they simply be investigating and allowing the conclusion to be formed by the evidence found?

Good idea. Sounds bit like a predetermined conclusion though doesn't it? Shouldn't they simply be investigating and allowing the conclusion to be formed by the evidence found?
Are you asserting that's not happening? It couldn't be that this simply is where the evidence is pointing?

This definitely needs to be investigated. I obviously don’t know if this is true or not.....and neither do the lefties who just automatically say it’s false (but if this were Trump, these same people would be demanding impeachment).

If true, then Biden should withdraw from the race (if not proven true until after he is elected, then he would need to resign). If false.....then the matter should be dropped.

It should not be ignored. This is something that is potentially serious involving our next president, and needs to be fully investigated.

The GOP and Fox News are so desperate at this point. This won't change a thing. We are in the middle of a pandemic, that is a little bit more top of mind for folks. BTW, one of the first things the FCC should do in a Biden/Harris administration is shut down Fox and charge whoever is in charge there with crimes against humanity. They've been complicit in genocide because of the false information they have peddled throughout this pandemic.
At minimum go after Laura, Tucker and Sean.

Lol and one more with Huckabee Sanders if you click the tweet and go to the thread. Hannity, Bannon, Stone, Huckabee Sanders. I guess she's having the time of her life. Good for her. I wonder if she'll get made by OAN after the election.
And all I read on WHO news site posts is the bombshell fake news against Biden. Iowa is so ****ing stupid at this point, I hope there is just enough of us left to pull this state out of its ass.

Reactions: Tom Paris
From what I have seen so far this has to be the worst manufactured "October Surprise" that I have ever heard of. It's as if the Trump shop is having a going out of business soon sale. Next they will be trying to sell us Ivanka's underwear.

This definitely needs to be investigated. I obviously don’t know if this is true or not.....and neither do the lefties who just automatically say it’s false (but if this were Trump, these same people would be demanding impeachment).

If true, then Biden should withdraw from the race (if not proven true until after he is elected, then he would need to resign). If false.....then the matter should be dropped.

It should not be ignored. This is something that is potentially serious involving our next president, and needs to be fully investigated.
Cool, let's fully investigate Trump. I'm more concerned about his $400 million in debt.

LOL!!!!!

I dont know what is or isn't reql in all of this but if you thought Biden was stupid enough to put a meeting with Ukraine on his fvcking calendar I have some ocean front property in Guthrie County to sell you.
Only Brett C would be dumb enough to do that.

E-mails will be pretty easy to tell if legit. The photos and videos will speak for themselves. If the Russians or China wants to show us how corrupt our politicians are I am all for it.

The most likely scenario is that there is some truth to the files...whether they were on this laptop, hacked, or whatever.

And then Russia or somebody mixed in some fakes. So you get a hodgepodge of fake and real to sew confusion. So one side can scream it’s real and the other scream it’s fake...and we become more divided which is Putin’s top objective.

I'm quite certain the FBI is first going to determine if that is (was) Hunter's laptop and whether these email are legit. If they are not, you move on from there.

If they were concerned about "legitimacy", they'd get the files from one of the servers they were sent through, between the parties.

They are acting on this, because in stealing or acquiring this information, some of the actors may have committed crimes. Biden ain't getting charged for anything.

Not surprised you don’t want this investigated. Typical. Just dismiss it because it involves a Democrat, but if this were Trump you would be screaming IMPEACHMENT!!

Democrat=automatically false. Republican=automatically true.

Don’t even try to pretend otherwise.

LOL!
I would love to know everything there is to know about both Trump and Biden's business dealings. That comparison alone would make Trump supporters look hella dumb.

I would love to know everything there is to know about both Trump and Biden's business dealings. That comparison alone would make Trump supporters look hella dumb.
For sure. Hell google them and you'll get an idea. If one would want to go down that rabbit hole.

Reactions: HawkNester
Not surprised you don’t want this investigated. Typical. Just dismiss it because it involves a Democrat, but if this were Trump you would be screaming IMPEACHMENT!!

Democrat=automatically false. Republican=automatically true.

Don’t even try to pretend otherwise.

LOL!

see post 28

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT