ADVERTISEMENT

FBI searches Biden's beach house amid classified documents investigation

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The FBI searched President Joe Biden’s beach house outside Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, on Wednesday morning, two sources familiar with the situation told NBC News.

A third source familiar with the matter said no warrant was involved and the search was consensual. It is unclear whether FBI agents are searching for something they know about or if it’s a random search for more classified documents.

Biden's personal attorney, Bob Bauer, said in a statement that the Department of Justice was conducting the search with Biden's full support and cooperation.

"Under DOJ’s standard procedures, in the interests of operational security and integrity, it sought to do this work without advance public notice, and we agreed to cooperate," Bauer said. "The search today is a further step in a thorough and timely DOJ process we will continue to fully support and facilitate. We will have further information at the conclusion of today’s search.”

Documents with classified markings were found earlier in Biden’s Wilmington residence and a Washington think tank office, but Bauer said earlier this month that no classified documents were found at the president's beach house. Biden's personal lawyers had searched the Wilmington and Rehoboth Beach residences for additional records, he said.

Recommended​

CoronavirusThe Title 42 Covid ban at the southern border may end on May 11

After George FloydDOJ report outlines steps to limit solitary confinement in prisons, as its use only increases under Biden

"The president’s personal attorneys located a potential record bearing classified markings at the Wilmington residence, among stored materials inside a room adjacent to the garage," Bauer said in the earlier statement. "Once the president’s personal attorneys found this document, the president’s personal attorneys left the document where it was found and suspended their search of the specific space where it was located. Following the search at the Wilmington residence, the attorneys proceeded to the Rehoboth residence and conducted a search there. No potential records were identified at the Rehoboth Beach residence, and the attorneys returned to Washington, D.C., late in the evening."

The FBI previously searched the offices of the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in mid-November after classified documents were discovered there, NBC News reported Tuesday.

I can't believe they found all of these. Biden went all Beautiful Mind on us.
BrilliantPerfumedGentoopenguin-max-1mb.gif

Maybe Biden takes the issue very seriously, and WANTS them to gather up any misfiled info.

Trump, in contrast, HAS NOT allowed the FBI to search ANY of his other properties.

But you somehow think this should reflect poorly on Biden. Because you're (obviously) a MAGAt.
Haha...you're such a putz. You, me and the rest correctly ripped Trump for having the documents BEFORE he ever decided to fight against giving them back. And now all you can do is pretend that didn't happen and you ONLY ever cared about that part. As usual, you're such a goddamned joke.

He "takes it very seriously". Yeah...so serious that he has no goddamned clue that he took them and now has the FBI looking for them because he has no idea what he did with them. But yeah...he takes this so seriously.

Maybe Biden takes the issue very seriously, and WANTS them to gather up any misfiled info.

Trump, in contrast, HAS NOT allowed the FBI to search ANY of his other properties.

But you somehow think this should reflect poorly on Biden. Because you're (obviously) a MAGAt.

This seriously undermindes the poutrage that right has about having a the home of a former POTUS raided.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Hunter doing his best to entertain the agents down on Rehoboth Beach this morning ... the paddle board storage area has now been secured.

Sup Paddleboard GIF by Atoll Boards

Haha...you're such a putz. You, me and the rest correctly ripped Trump for having the documents BEFORE he ever decided to fight against giving them back

Nope

Trump was "ripped on" for first denying he had them, then claiming they were "his".
It was clearly NOT a case of misfiled stuff from the get-go. You know this, but you must defend Trump at all costs.

Biden has made it a priority for ALL of his stuff to be searched/reviewed so everything gets returned. And you somehow want to equate this to Trump's actions.

As politically unflattering as Biden's situation is, he is doing the right thing in actively pursuing anything misfiled and ensuring it gets returned.

This seriously undermindes the poutrage that right has about having a the home of a former POTUS raided.
But they didn't NEED to "raid" Biden's properties. He is correctly having them search WITHOUT the need for any warrants.

Trump has NOT voluntarily allowed the same. That's 100% factual.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Nope

Trump was "ripped on" for first denying he had them, then claiming they were "his".
It was clearly NOT a case of misfiled stuff from the get-go. You know this, but you must defend Trump at all costs.

Biden has made it a priority for ALL of his stuff to be searched/reviewed so everything gets returned. And you somehow want to equate this to Trump's actions.

As politically unflattering as Biden's situation is, he is doing the right thing in actively pursuing anything misfiled and ensuring it gets returned.
Yeah man. He takes it so seriously. I mean, he’s so different than everyone else who gets caught doing shit. No one ever acts contrite and cooperative when they’ve been caught doing illegal shit for decades.

Pretty amazing there are people like you who buy that kind of shit.

“Sir, I pulled you over because you were doing 90 in a 55.”

“Yes officer! I take speeding very serious! I shouldn’t have done that! How about a warning, eh?”

Yeah man. He takes it so seriously. I mean, he’s so different than everyone else who gets caught doing shit. No one ever acts contrite and cooperative when they’ve been caught doing illegal shit for decades.
WTF are you babbling about? He voluntarily had searches conducted AND allowed the FBI to conduct warrantless searches.

Your Orange Goon Family has not remotely done the same.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The more convoluted this saga becomes, the more fun it is watching the guys who have sworn to defend Biden’s honor no matter what.
Not defending that he "has" them; that's wrong

Defending his actions to clean it up. What he is doing is entirely proper.
Again: continuing to equate this to Trump is just nonsense. When Trump allows the FBI to search all of his properties w/o a warrant or court action, then we can equate them.

But that's not going to happen, is it?

WTF are you babbling about? He voluntarily had searches conducted AND allowed the FBI to conduct warrantless searches.

Yeah. It's just such a relief to finally have someone in office who takes the fact they left a 30 year trail of unsecured classified documents throughout numerous properties, with no clue about what is in them or where they are...so seriously. He really means it too. That's what I find so great about this. How serious he takes all of this.

Reactions: hawkedoff
Yes; that is exactly what he has done.

No warrants were needed.

Your take is that Trump "did the same thing"? Because that's bafflingly stupid.
So you're saying Biden called up Garland and said, :how about sending the FBI to the beach house to search for more documents".

Reactions: hawkedoff
So you're saying Biden called up Garland and said, :how about sending the FBI to the beach house to search for more documents".

No; I'm saying he voluntarily allowed them in to search.
WITHOUT a warrant (which would LIMIT what they can find/take to only what is on the warrant).

“Yes officer! I take speeding very serious! I shouldn’t have done that! How about a warning, eh?”
WTF? This is another example of you making no sense.

I would not be surprised if that happened but it's irrelevant anyway. Biden agreed to allow the FBI to search his home and was not forced to do it via warrant.

Reactions: Kelsers
I would not be surprised if that happened but it's irrelevant anyway. Biden agreed to allow the FBI to search his home and was not forced to do it via warrant.

AND, as already noted, in a "warrant" situation, they can ONLY take things related to the warrant.

During a voluntary search, ANYTHING they find that could relate to a crime (probable cause they identify during the search) is fair game.

@Finance85 is oblivious to any of this stuff, because he still has his tongue stuck up Trump's and Desantis' asses.

Basically everybody does it.

I would just drop it all for everybody and make some better standards going forward.

There is no political gain to be had at this point.
This. Politicians take their documents and they do a very poor job of combing them for whether anything is marked classified. To some extent that's the Archive's job to oversee, but they can't be aware of it all. We need to do a much better job of screening information that leaves with politicians, although I'm aware it's a highly complex situation.

That said, there is still a major difference in refusing to hand things over once someone is aware you have it and asking for it back and what Biden has done. Sure, the media made a big political affair about Trump. That always happens, and it's because he created the furor and likes it. He doesn't get to complain about a fire he created and stoked. Did he do anything untoward with those documents? I don't know, but he was very resistant to giving them back for some reason and that's where the major issue is for me.

Joe, if he is so cooperative and transparent, why did he not release anything until AFTER the mid terms? An then it wasn’t released, it was leaked.

This whole issue....Trump, Biden, Pence is pitiful no matter what side you are on.

No more taking any materials off site. Period. No reason that stuff needs to leave the White House for a personal residence. Camp David maybe...
My guess... From what I've read, getting out of the oval office happens very fast and staff and many are in process of simply boxing everything up and leaving so the next staff can move in. It's probably not that uncommon for classified/top secret files to wind up mixed in and just removed to personal storage/offices, etc... I bet if you searched many politicians homes for their files you'll find multiple examples of this happening.

Maybe all files need to be boxed and stored somewhere separately before they're allowed to go with the politician to be scanned for top secret information that person no longer needs access to. Either way, my only real complaint isn't that it was taken (As it's not the first time we've heard of President's having it in their libraries/etc...) it's that he Trump refused to return it once it was discovered and requested.

My guess... From what I've read, getting out of the oval office happens very fast and staff and many are in process of simply boxing everything up and leaving so the next staff can move in. It's probably not that uncommon for classified/top secret files to wind up mixed in and just removed to personal storage/offices, etc... I bet if you searched many politicians homes for their files you'll find multiple examples of this happening.

Maybe all files need to be boxed and stored somewhere separately before they're allowed to go with the politician to be scanned for top secret information that person no longer needs access to. Either way, my only real complaint isn't that it was taken (As it's not the first time we've heard of President's having it in their libraries/etc...) it's that he Trump refused to return it once it was discovered and requested.

That really isnt a good reason as they have very defined terms. Even if a sitting president loses like Trump did, they have almost 3 months to prepare. If a term is ending like Biden its even worse. He knew when he was moving for over 4 years.

Your take is that Biden volunteered?

How about he just agreed when the FBI said they wanted to search. There's a difference.

A small one, maybe. Either he’s still cooperating, didn’t tell them to get a warrant.

Seems like reactions come in two varieties - those who fess up immediately and own up to what they did vs those who deny deny deny until they can’t do it anymore.

A small one, maybe. Either he’s still cooperating, didn’t tell them to get a warrant.

Seems like reactions come in two varieties - those who fess up immediately and own up to what they did vs those who deny deny deny until they can’t do it anymore.
Yup. And they both fall under the main category of "Have top secret documents they have no right having". The criminal who gets caught having breakfast and goes peacefully is only different than the criminal they caught hiding out, in their behavior AFTER committing the crime.

You wanna tack on "acted like a ass hole after the crime" to Trump. Fine. You're right. He did. Probably even obstructed justice. Great. But Biden is guilty as shit and seemingly way more reckless than Trump in regards to the handling of the classified materials.

Yup. And they both fall under the main category of "Have top secret documents they have no right having". The criminal who gets caught having breakfast and goes peacefully is only different than the criminal they caught hiding out, in their behavior AFTER committing the crime.

You wanna tack on "acted like a ass hole after the crime" to Trump. Fine. You're right. He did. Probably even obstructed justice. Great. But Biden is guilty as shit and seemingly way more reckless than Trump in regards to the handling of the classified materials.
I will agree with you when they find Biden has classified files with documents missing, like Trump. I still want to know what the Saudis paid 2 billion for.

I will agree with you when they find Biden has classified files with documents missing, like Trump. I still want to know what the Saudis paid 2 billion for.
What in the hell do you think the fvcking FBI is searching for right now? Documents that aren't missing?

You want to know what the Saudis paid 2 million for but don't want to know what "10% to the big guy" means, eh?

A Department of Justice search of President Biden’s vacation home in Rehoboth, Del., found no documents with classified markings, Biden’s personal attorney, Bob Bauer, said in a statement early Wednesday afternoon.
Bauer said the search was conducted from 8:30 a.m. Eastern time until noon.
“No documents with classified markings were found,” he said. “[T]he DOJ took for further review some materials and handwritten notes that appear to relate to his time as Vice President.”
The search is part of a fast-moving investigation that the Justice Department launched in November after Biden’s personal attorneys found documents with classified markings in a Washington think tank office that he used after serving as vice president. More classified material was found in subsequent searches of Biden’s Wilmington, Del., home.
You can read more about the latest on the investigation here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT