ADVERTISEMENT

FCS Football May Not Survive This

I doubt it.

$650,000 isn’t $100,000,000

fcs could agree to dial back scholarships.

No sports might cause entire diii schools to fold.

what if this goes on for 3 years. Exactly who is Iowa going to recruit ? BTN will be worthless with no sports.

difference between uni and Iowa athletic budget would be zero in 2 or 3 years without sports.

Last edited:
Could UNI drop everything but men’s and women’s basketball or would that get them kicked out of the conference / division 1?

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the requirements,but there is a minimum to stay D1.
Division I member institutions have to sponsor at least seven sports for men and seven for women (or six for men and eight for women) with two team sports for each gender. Each playing season has to be represented by each gender as well.

Wouldn't they just suspend athletics for the year? Come back next year. I see it ruining the year, not the fcs.

I’ll say it again. A spring season is the best option for Football
and without football ever sport but basketball is in Jeopardy.
THE LACK OF A PLAN AND FIRM LEADERSHIP FROM THOSE VOTED TO SERVE AND PROTECT US- is a major contributor to the mess we are in.
Stay safe everyone...These times suck but to a person test our toughness and perseverance.

I doubt it.

$650,000 isn’t $100,000,000

fcs could agree to dial back scholarships.

No sports might cause entire diii schools to fold.

what if this goes on for 3 years. Exactly who is Iowa going to recruit ? BTN will be worthless with no sports.

difference between uni and Iowa athletic budget would be zero in 2 or 3 years without sports.
Scholarships are a minuscule cost. The classes, dorms, cafeteria etc are all already in place so having a few hundred extra students spread in is nothing. Cutting scholarships saves next to nothing. The real costs are in running the programs, coaches salaries transportation costs etc..

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish? If it's not safe to play nonconf games, how is it safe to play conference games? In my opinion, the only logical options would be to either play all games without fans, cancel all games or play the games as normal and allow the fans and players to determine if they want to participate. The option they seem to have chosen doesn't solve anything.........

Reactions: minuteman762
Thanks China. And now they have cases of Bubonic Plague that are cropping up .....

No kidding. This was all uncalled for and caused by china. They need to be held accountable somehow someway. The world wide misery and despair they have caused is unfathomable. Let alone wrecking everyday lives and schedules. Thanks sooooo much china

I would guess that even one more conference following the B1G's lead (which I think is a mistake, but is just my opinion) will end the FCS season. The ripple effect it will have will make it unfeasible financially to try it.

Sure we can go ahead and blame China for the virus. Things happen. Just like anything else in life it’s how you respond to adversity. How do you feel the USA has responded to the virus Tony? How is it that the English Premier League has administered over 1900 tests and have zero positive cases? And yet we continue to have 15-25 cases amongst our college teams? We have zero leadership at the top. Zero. We can blame China for the outbreak but we have handled the virus worse than any other country in the entire world besides Brazil, who’s President also now has the virus.

Sure we can go ahead and blame China for the virus. Things happen. Just like anything else in life it’s how you respond to adversity. How do you feel the USA has responded to the virus Tony? How is it that the English Premier League has administered over 1900 tests and have zero positive cases? And yet we continue to have 15-25 cases amongst our college teams? We have zero leadership at the top. Zero. We can blame China for the outbreak but we have handled the virus worse than any other country in the entire world besides Brazil, who’s President also now has the virus.

Liberals just can't help themselves, they always have to bring politics into everything. Nice machination trying to blame America for China's virus. Go topple another statue.

Regardless - I’m thinking China is not gonna be on my top 10 vacation destinations anytime soon. :D
never a location that has intrigued me.

However, what is shocking and overlooked in our finger pointing - America has essentially Wuhan #s of new cases everyday!

I get that the Chineses can't be fully trusted on numbers, however, the count case at the epicenter is what we add dang near everyday.

No country has handled this worse than US. No country has a longer path out of this now than US.

People can debate the reasons why, but really can't dispute that no country has proven to be more egocentric, ill-prepared, and stupid as US.

That's not just one guy that many don't like that is providing no leadership or great leadership - it's on all of US,and collectively we have failed miserably.

To those contrarians thinking its a hoax, who have little empathy for others, think masking is an infringement on rights or freedom - thank you very little for jeopardizing our CFB season.

Liberals just can't help themselves, they always have to bring politics into everything. Nice machination trying to blame America for China's virus. Go topple another statue.
this is such a garbage response. It's the word's virus you dolt! The poster you responded to did not say anything inaccurate. Sincerely a non-liberal, hospital administrator.

Seriously. Kurt brings up China, Tony the Tiger then brings up China, and you tell me to go topple a statue. Well done Abby. Try to follow along as I know this is hard for you guys. Why is it that almost EVERY other country in the world has done so much better at handling the virus than us? They have faced the exact same adversity. Most were able to handle it like adults and at least get it under control, which is why like I said the English Premier league has administered 1900 tests w/ZERO cases. Blame China all you want. That's fine. The reality of it is however that in the end you have to actually deal with it. And we haven't. At all. If you see that as political fine. I see it as reality.

this is such a garbage response. It's the word's virus you dolt! The poster you responded to did not say anything inaccurate. Sincerely a non-liberal, hospital administrator.

I think you meant "world" Who's the dolt?

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Seriously. Kurt brings up China, Tony the Tiger then brings up China, and you tell me to go topple a statue. Well done Abby. Try to follow along as I know this is hard for you guys. Why is it that almost EVERY other country in the world has done so much better at handling the virus than us? They have faced the exact same adversity. Most were able to handle it like adults and at least get it under control, which is why like I said the English Premier league has administered 1900 tests w/ZERO cases. Blame China all you want. That's fine. The reality of it is however that in the end you have to actually deal with it. And we haven't. At all. If you see that as political fine. I see it as reality.

Thank you, now that was a well thought out and articulated response and you didn't even bring politics into it. That's what we should find on a football blog. I'm just asking to keep politics out of everything.

EchVy0-XYAAmEho

Thanks China. And now they have cases of Bubonic Plague that are cropping up .....

China is an excuse. Look at other countries who handled the situation properly . . . like Japan, among several others. And consider this that's making the rounds: Bordering on stupidity--Canada and Mexico.

That's the truth. You don't have to like it or accept it, but that doesn't change the facts.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Interesting fact that I heard a caller share on the Sports Fanatics: The Spanish Flu originated on a military base in Kansas. But the countries involved in the Great War censored media from mentioning it because there were bigger fish to fry. Spain, a neutral country in the Great War, was the first to widely publicize its spread. The rest of the world then associated it with Spain because of this, despite the fact it was a global pandemic that started in America.

What’s great is I already know Cecil’s response on this board: Leave it to liberals to blame the SPANISH flu on America!!!! Why do you think it’s called the SPANISH flu moron? The problem is right there in the name!!!

ADVERTISEMENT