ADVERTISEMENT

FDA officially approves Johnson & Johnson's one-shot COVID vaccine, shipments begin Monday

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
The Food and Drug Administration on Saturday authorized Johnson & Johnson’s single-shot Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, beginning the rollout of millions of doses of a third effective vaccine that could reach Americans by early next week.

The announcement arrived at a critical moment, as the steep decline in coronavirus cases seems to have plateaued and millions of Americans are on waiting lists for shots.

Johnson & Johnson has pledged to provide the United States with 100 million doses by the end of June. When combined with the 600 million doses from the two-shot vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna slated to arrive by the end of July, there will be more than enough shots to cover any American adult who wants one.
Click to shrink...
One administration official familiar with the distribution of the vaccine said that shipments would begin on Monday and deliveries could arrive as soon as Tuesday.

Johnson & Johnson has said it will ship nearly four million doses as soon as the F.D.A. authorizes distribution and another 16 million or so doses by the end of March. That is far fewer than the 37 million doses called for in its $1 billion federal contract, but the contract says that deliveries that are 30 days late will still be considered timely.

Our hospital got the Moderna vaccine, they are talking about giving us a third shot that would help cover the new mutation and people are complaining....

Interesting that this one may be targeted at hard to reach people and underserved communities. That makes sense to me. The homeless, including using the VA system to reach out homeless vets. Poor communities where getting a ride to a clinic for two shots is a hurdle.

Interesting that this one may be targeted at hard to reach people and underserved communities. That makes sense to me. The homeless, including using the VA system to reach out homeless vets. Poor communities where getting a ride to a clinic for two shots is a hurdle.
mememe_80ce4dea247a6b061f6cd0968d8ff897-1.jpg

Team up with the major truck stops and establish clinics to get a piece of the population who moves around a lot, and doesn’t have access to regular health care. You would be protecting the hooker community, too.

Team up with the major truck stops and establish clinics to get a piece of the population who moves around a lot, and doesn’t have access to regular health care. You would be protecting the hooker community, too.
That’s the spirit! Maybe they can mix it into a dime bag for the sake of convenience and turn a profit at the same time.

Very awesome. I want concerts and live sports back by summer damn it!

Our hospital got the Moderna vaccine, they are talking about giving us a third shot that would help cover the new mutation and people are complaining....

And down the road a bit I suspect they will be recommending an annual booster,... there is entirely too much money to be made here...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT