ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

Some people - white Republicans - are don't want some people - black democrats - to vote. All of these stupid laws across multiple states are for precisely that. Republican voters are fine with it because their side is doing it. Like always.
Which law in Georgia makes it harder for a black person to vote (than a white person, Asian, etc)?

Reactions: 24 so far
Some people - white Republicans - are don't want some people - black democrats - to vote. All of these stupid laws across multiple states are for precisely that. Republican voters are fine with it because their side is doing it. Like always.
Can you tell me how the current laws in Georgia are worse than Jim Crow laws?

That’s what you were responding to when you said Biden was right. So can you tell me how so? Please be as specific as possible.

That’s what you were responding to when you said Biden was right. So can you tell me how so? Please be as specific as possible.
No chance that happens. One…because he can’t. And two…because even if it was true, he couldn’t.

During Jim Crow, it was legal, even common, to give people free water. Now, true enough, it was from a high pressure fire hose, but free water just the same.

Now it is illegal to give someone a bottle of water when they are in line to vote. Basically Jim Crow on steroids.

You apparently didn't read the law, did you?
Here we go again with you. So your new conspiracy is that the Bi-Partisan State Election Board is going to replace county election supervisors, who will then bring in a new county election board, who will then finally close that polling location that the black people use?

Seems legit.

So they all had what, 10 months, to pack a to-go bag to stand in line to vote before the next election? If you might get thirsty and are too stupid to have your water/snack ready to go when you are, you might want to sit out the next election.
Party of small government passing unnecessary laws. How about passing laws opening more polling places to make voting more accessible to the poor who have to wait in long lines.

AGAIN: Read the Law.

Effectively, the legislature gets to make the calls on what votes are "legit". A point that has mostly been hidden/overlooked in the media.
Totally untrue. I have read the law. The legislature gets more power to appoint people to the State Election Board, and that State Election Board has the power to suspend County Elections Supervisors. The state legislature, which is 236 people by the way, does not “make any calls” on what a “legit” vote is.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Finance85
The state legislature, which is 236 people by the way, does not “make any calls” on what a “legit” vote is.

The state legislature will put "Marjorie Taylor Greenes" in charge of that oversight.

It doesn't require genius level thinking skills to understand what direction this goes. Particularly in light of what actually happened with Trump "asking" for 12,000 more votes to overturn the election.

Perhaps that is beyond your level of critical thinking here.

This thread is so HORT. It’s water, who gives a fvck. If somebody wants to hand out water, who gives a shit. Really, if your vote is swayed by a bottle of water, you’re not a serious voter anyway.

In the same token, like I said earlier, if you can’t figure out out to hydrate yourself on a potentially hot day, you have issues too.

The free water clearly leads to voter fraud and rigged elections. This must be stopped at all costs.

Why the big fuss over it? What's the big deal? Is it viewed as some kind of unfair advantage or cheating?
I agree. It’s stupid. And if Dems said “Damn. That’s so stupid. Insane really. We know what you’re trying to do. Losers.” That would have been perfect.

But instead, they said that this was the end of democracy and Jim Crow on steroids. And now even left wing media outlets are forced to say, “Despite all of the crazy dumb shit Dems have been saying for a year, things are ok.”

I think the idea is that its supposed to be easy, right? Like if a person is in a time crunch, which isnt uncommon, why should they be punished because they forgot to bring a water bottle?
A typical human can survive without water for a few days. But since we're talking Dem's here, apparently they can only survive without water for a few hours without having it be delivered to them, at a voting site of all places.

I'd like to say this is a shocking development, but seems like more par for the course. Time crunch for the unemployed? LOL!

The state legislature will put "Marjorie Taylor Greenes" in charge of that oversight.

It doesn't require genius level thinking skills to understand what direction this goes. Particularly in light of what actually happened with Trump "asking" for 12,000 more votes to overturn the election.

If sides were flipped, youd be calling this a "conspiracy theory"

Party of small government passing unnecessary laws. How about passing laws opening more polling places to make voting more accessible to the poor who have to wait in long lines.
They expanded early voting, codified drop boxes which weren't allowed before the pandemic, and formalized voting hours. Please educate yourself instead of believing lies being propagated by Biden on down.

Reactions: Panic1769
I didn't realize I had to bring my financial records to vote to determine if I was poor or not. They just make it harder and harder to vote don't they? LOL!

Nor was I aware that being poor automatically meant you would vote Democrat. Makes one wonder why that would be the case doesn't it? Things that make you go hhhmmmm.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie

What are you even talking about? You said the state legislature (a body of over 200 people) gets to determine the legitimacy of individual votes. That is what you said. It’s clearly incorrect.

Now you have a new line of argument, so let’s address that. Yes, there will be partisans on the State Election Board. The Democrats also get to appoint someone to that board, but more importantly that Board also lacks the authority to determine if a vote is “legit” or not.

You have nothing but narrative to draw from here. Stop now because you’re just embarrassing yourself.

A typical human can survive without water for a few days. But since we're talking Dem's here, apparently they can only survive without water for a few hours without having it be delivered to them, at a voting site of all places.

I'd like to say this is a shocking development, but seems like more par for the course. Time crunch for the unemployed? LOL!
Ahhh, so if the line starts to last days THEN you will be ok with having water available? Hahaha the fact that you need to appeal to an extreem like that is just proof you dont have a good point.

Once again, instead of finding ways to make the voting process easier and more convenient, we are making it less so. Why?

Ahhh, so if the line starts to last days THEN you will be ok with having water available? Hahaha the fact that you need to appeal to an extreem like that is just proof you dont have a good point.

Once again, instead of finding ways to make the voting process easier and more convenient, we are making it less so. Why?
Polling places can provide water fountains. Voters just have to serve themselves.

What are you even talking about? You said the state legislature (a body of over 200 people) gets to determine the legitimacy of individual votes.
No; the legislature gets to APPOINT WHO determines that legitimacy.

And that's NOT someone who is "impartial". In 2020, that would have been one of your MAGAs that would have instantly declared 12,000 "illegitimate" and gotten Trump his votes.

Is this too difficult for you to figure out w/o a Big Person to help? The Georgia AG and SoS would NOT have had the authority to overrule Trump's request, which is what they did.

They can, but that's not really a solution when lines can run several blocks long, with 8-10 hour waits that have been commonplace in the past.
You really can't help yourself. Blocks long? 8-10 hour waits commonplace? You really need to check your meds.

Reactions: goldmom
They can, but that's not really a solution when lines can run several blocks long, with 8-10 hour waits that have been commonplace in the past.
I waited in a line in downtown DM last year that was several blocks long to vote and the wait was about 50 mins. So either your math is off, or there's some gross inefficiencies inside the booth in GA. (Oh, and people had no issue bringing a bottle of water with them. Some people even had smoothies and one guy actually brought chick fil a. I'm sure the GA voters are just as capable)

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT