ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
The stupidity is mind-boggling.

Michael Steele is hosting a show on MSNBC and has a couple Dem strategists on.

He asked one of them, “We are seeing record turnout in Georgia despite the voting law. Why do you think that is?”

The response was: “Well, we will know the real impact of the law if the General election is close. What if someone wanted to put their ballot in a Dropbox late at night and couldn’t? Or, when someone is in line and someone can’t bring them water and they need to leave. That’s when we will find out the impact.”

Holy shit. THAT’S what you’re worried about? Late night ballot drops and people who don’t have a water bottle? And they canceled the All Star game for that. Idiots.

Its more accurate than claiming voter fraud ahead of the election...
How? Already saying turnout caused a questionable election result is no better than insinuating fraud. “Suppression” is the same level as fraud. Both parties can get fd with this stupid back and forth that’s not based in reality and changes depending on what state you’re in.

He asked one of them, “We are seeing record turnout in Georgia despite the voting law. Why do you think that is?”

The response was: “Well, we will know the real impact of the law if the General election is close. What if someone wanted to put their ballot in a Dropbox late at night and couldn’t? Or, when someone is in line and someone can’t bring them water and they need to leave. That’s when we will find out the impact.”

Holy shit. THAT’S what you’re worried about? Late night ballot drops and people who don’t have a water bottle? And they canceled the All Star game for that. Idiots.
It's nice that turnout seems to be large but I think the biggest concern is the idea that the election board in Fulton County can just be replaced with people the state legislature finds more acceptable. Then this new board can suddenly decide that the vote in Fulton county isn't legitimate. It doesn't mean that will happen, it just means that can happen and that's a serious problem. Especially since the modern GOP has shown they will stop at nothing to get results they want, legitimate or otherwise.

It's nice that turnout seems to be large but I think the biggest concern is the idea that the election board in Fulton County can just be replaced with people the state legislature finds more acceptable. Then this new board can suddenly decide that the vote in Fulton county isn't legitimate. It doesn't mean that will happen, it just means that can happen and that's a serious problem. Especially since the modern Democratic Party has shown they will stop at nothing to get results they want, legitimate or otherwise.
FIFY

Reactions: Madman_1
But now you made it a baseless statement because it doesn't fit anything that is appropriate to the circumstances being discussed. But I suppose it made you feel better, even if it is false.
As did you.

340,000 votes were improperly purged from the registry in Georgia. The person who was responsible for that was also the person Abrams was running against. I wouldn't concede the loss either.
How do we know Mark Meadows wasn't on that list. It was probably a good thing libby.

It’s not the government’s job to provide water to voters. The stupidity of this country never ceases to amaze me.

I guess the Dems need to have those “late night ballot drops” to win elections.

Nobody is arguing that it is the government’s job to provide water to voters. The issue is that the law prohibits anyone from doing so. Why is such a prohibition needed?

And the Palast and Integrity blah blah blah are decidedly non-partisan eh?

Jeebus that’s weak. 😂

340,000 votes were improperly purged from the registry in Georgia. The person who was responsible for that was also the person Abrams was running against. I wouldn't concede the loss either.
Lol. You never cease to amaze me. If it's trump complaining, it is voter suppression conspiracy theory, republican disrespect of fair elections. When it's your candidate, it is cheating. You can't have both ways.. For the I think both Abrams and trump lost.

Encouraging voting, and rules to help people vote, should be the expectation in a democracy.
Tryng to limit eligible voters is wrong, and that’s why the Georgia law is a bad one.
This. Hilarious the trash spewed here ignoring this simple, factual take. Crickets in PA Republican Senate primary on the mail in ballots they all desperately need. Over night ballot dump even used here. The stupidity is off the charts.

It’s not the government’s job to provide water to voters. The stupidity of this country never ceases to amaze me.

I guess the Dems need to have those “late night ballot drops” to win elections.
The government was previously providing water to voters standing in long lines waiting to exercise their Constitutional right to vote? Please provide a link ….

When someone can cite a legitimate and compelling reason why Georgia needed to change its voting laws in response to massive voter turnout and Biden beating DT Barnum in Georgia, I’ll take the time to consider the argument.

Otherwise, it simply appears that the laws were changed because a predominantly white legislature didn’t like the result and wanted to eliminate GOTV strategies in largely Democratic areas.

The potential for vote harvesting makes drop boxes a concern. I must have got hundreds of texts from Dems leading into the 2020 election. There shouldn't be a third party between a person voting and submitting the vote. Never thought votes were miscounted.

Last edited:
I’ve been voting for 50 years. I never needed to leave because no one brought me water. And I’ve stood in line in more than one state.

I am usually in and out, piece of cake. I have however seen some of the insane lines other people have to face and know not all things are the same based on my experience. Why are you incapable of the same? You clearly have some deficiency.

"You look thirsty. Would you like some water? Wait... who are you planning to vote for? What???? No water for you!"

I made my way down here & have been standing in the sun for an hour specifically to vote for Candidate A. But that nice guy wearing a shirt for Candidate B gave me an 8 ounce bottle of water, so I am gonna vote for Candidate B. 😂

What makes you think it's over?

If there is a big turnout again, what's to keep the state legislature from enacting newer laws to try and restrict future voting again?

Reactions: Tom Paris
The number of people on TV who discuss a topic without reading and understanding the specifics of a bill/issue/whatever is disturbing. The Georgia bill had a provision that made early voting easier, so a higher turnout was predictable. The concerns about the bill are related to election day voting and how the restrictions placed will make it more difficult for certain groups to vote. If you have ever been in Atlanta on election day and driven by polling stations in areas like SWATS you would better understand the concern some people have about the restrictions.

Having a discussion about the effects of this bill prior to election day is premature and likely prompted by a my team's political agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT