ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

So you don't know about some of the long lines that were happening in Arizona for example? They were 4 or 5 hour long waits with some people not finishing voting until after midnight. This happened because votong locations were slashed in certain areas and the polling station to voter ratio got all out of sorts.

Hydrate or die-drate.
I’m fully aware there were long lines. Still not aware of all of the people who were treated for dehydration.

Last edited:
It’s not the government’s job to provide water to voters. The stupidity of this country never ceases to amaze me.

I guess the Dems need to have those “late night ballot drops” to win elections.
You mean the stupidity of cons to legally prevent giving someone food in water while waiting in the hot Georgia sun to vote.

WWJD? We know what he would do. Luke 14:12-14: "He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just."

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method...or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector.”

The only other state that prohibits the delivery of food and drink during an election in some form is Montana, but specifically if it’s coming from a candidate, political party personnel or volunteers, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. No other state has such legislation so far.

But in Georgia, Eric Segall says not even friends or family can now bring them a snack if they’re waiting in a long line."

• Wow
Reactions: Flie and Torg
Go ahead and provide me the numerous examples of people suffered from actual dehydration(being thirsty doesn’t count) in voting lines. There should be dozens if not hundreds right?
I guess I dont understand why yall are cool with increasingly long lines and further rules that make sure they get more unbearable. Why? Thats not a requirement of democracy. Lets make things easier.

I guess I dont understand why yall are cool with increasingly long lines and further rules that make sure they get more unbearable. Why? Thats not a requirement of democracy. Lets make things easier.
Where did I say any of these things? I’m just laughing at all the pearl clutching about not being handed a bottle of water.

Reactions: 24 so far
I’m fully aware there were long lines. Still not always of all of the people who were treated for dehydration.

Here you go, bud. It is also worth thinking to yourself that not all of these are even going to get on the news. I have been in reddits where redditors post about their voter experience while it is happening, and we can do better.

They don't even know why they are cool with it. Some of these assholes are depressing.

Here you go, bud. It is also worth thinking to yourself that not all of these are even going to get on the news. I have been in reddits where redditors post about their voter experience while it is happening, and we can do better.

They don't even know why they are cool with it. Some of these assholes are depressing.
Holy shit. Three people? Something must be done. You’ve convinced me.

Reactions: 24 so far
Where did I say any of these things? I’m just laughing at all the pearl clutching about not being handed a bottle of water.
Youre not taking a stance against those things and seem to be against water being handed out. It doesnt take much of a jump at all to come to that conclusion.

Yeah, youre either just playing dumb or are actually dumb.

• Wow
Reactions: Moral and NCHawk5
I’m fine with addressing long lines. I stood in a mildly long line last election. Not once did I think anyone needed to bring me anything or that I was being oppressed.

Sounds to me like you are a fella on the internet defending a position and arguing in bad faith. Real piece of work.

Youre not taking a stance against those things and seem to be against water being handed out. It doesnt take much of a jump at all to come to that conclusion.

You cannot give people gifts when they are in line to vote. This includes food and drink. This seems perfectly sensible.

What it all boils down to is one party wants to make it easy as possible for partially-motivated or unmotivated voters to vote and the other wants to make it more difficult for that group to do so.

It’s no mystery, it’s not complicated. The fraud aspect is nonsense.
Really? Why the restrictions in Delaware and NY?

Ok... then disallow that label.
Can the person handing out water wear any buttons or anything on them that identifies them with a campaign? Better question…who goes to the polls with the expectation of a free bottle of water? The idea of people sitting in the hot sun being dehydrated because an activist cannot give them free water - as if there is no other solution - is disingenuous.

This is meant to stop electioneering. If it’s hot bring your own water.

Fair point, but what is the direction the laws going in those states? (vs Georgia?)
How’s the For The People Act faring in Congress?
I’m just saying Dems can’t cry racist oppression when their home states are more restrictive. Absolutely ridiculous that having an id is considered a bad thing. Whatever the intentions, the laws themselves are fine. There are a lot of laws that have intentions that are not apparent from the language itself. Doesn’t make them bad.

I’m just saying Dems can’t cry racist oppression when their home states are more restrictive. Absolutely ridiculous that having an id is considered a bad thing. Whatever the intentions, the laws themselves are fine. There are a lot of laws that have intentions that are not apparent from the language itself. Doesn’t make them bad.
Should we be encouraging all states to open up voting or restricting it?

Should we be encouraging all states to open up voting or restricting it?
Seems fine for the most part. I fail to see why we would be outraged over an id requirement. I mean, seriously? Who doesn’t have an id? It’s really not a big ask. Neither is expecting people to hydrate themselves.

Can the person handing out water wear any buttons or anything on them that identifies them with a campaign? Better question…who goes to the polls with the expectation of a free bottle of water? The idea of people sitting in the hot sun being dehydrated because an activist cannot give them free water - as if there is no other solution - is disingenuous.

This is meant to stop electioneering. If it’s hot bring your own water.
You think it was more important to stop the handing out of water or fix the long lines? Guess what? One of those options could fix both of the problems :)

Seems fine for the most part. I fail to see why we would be outraged over an id requirement. I mean, seriously? Who doesn’t have an id? It’s really not a big ask. Neither is expecting people to hydrate themselves.
Personally, I think pulling back on the number and availability of drop boxes is the worst idea.

You think it was more important to stop the handing out of water or fix the long lines? Guess what? One of those options could fix both of the problems :)
I live in Georgia. We have early voting for at least two weeks. You can avoid long lines easily.

Most of the areas with long lines are Democrat controlled. It’s not a funding thing, it’s a getting people to volunteer and work there thing or a suitable location thing, since you need handicapped accommodations to be a polling place.

The idea that Republicans are in some smoke filled rooms, arbitrarily closing down anywhere that black people vote is just silly.

So you don't know about some of the long lines that were happening in Arizona for example? They were 4 or 5 hour long waits with some people not finishing voting until after midnight. This happened because votong locations were slashed in certain areas and the polling station to voter ratio got all out of sorts.

Hydrate or die-drate.
And yet the bad guys still won. Amazeballs!
Wanna bet that will be fixed? WHO in AZ doesn’t know about how to stay hydrated?

I live in Georgia. We have early voting for at least two weeks. You can avoid long lines easily.

Most of the areas with long lines are Democrat controlled. It’s not a funding thing, it’s a getting people to volunteer and work there thing or a suitable location thing, since you need handicapped accommodations to be a polling place.

The idea that Republicans are in some smoke filled rooms, arbitrarily closing down anywhere that black people vote is just silly.
So you think the disallowing the water is completely legitimate and a worthy cause. Ill agree to disagree.

So you think the disallowing the water is completely legitimate and a worthy cause. Ill agree to disagree.
If you can’t hydrate yourself, why should we trust you to vote responsibly? This is quite the reach complaining about water.

Reactions: goldmom
You mean the stupidity of cons to legally prevent giving someone food in water while waiting in the hot Georgia sun to vote.

WWJD? We know what he would do. Luke 14:12-14: "He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just."

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method...or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector.”

The only other state that prohibits the delivery of food and drink during an election in some form is Montana, but specifically if it’s coming from a candidate, political party personnel or volunteers, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. No other state has such legislation so far.

But in Georgia, Eric Segall says not even friends or family can now bring them a snack if they’re waiting in a long line."

I’m not aware that November weather in GA is unbearable. Maybe if you’re a very recent transplant from Alaska? Plus there are more days to early vote there than in Delaware - still! Including weekends.

The rule is incredibly dumb. It’s not however, “the end of democracy” as it’s been painted, nor a reason to move a MLB All Star game costing the Democratic area millions of dollars. Hence, my use of “fearmongering” in the subject title.

ADVERTISEMENT