ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

This thread is so HORT. It’s water, who gives a fvck. If somebody wants to hand out water, who gives a shit. Really, if your vote is swayed by a bottle of water, you’re not a serious voter anyway.

In the same token, like I said earlier, if you can’t figure out out to hydrate yourself on a potentially hot day, you have issues too.

Indeed. But the situation in Georgia seems to be unique. In any case the record turnout thus far just disproves the suppression argument.
Georgia is unique. It’s the state where a former President and a sitting Senator called asking to cheat an election.

Reactions: sob5
I don’t agree with Biden’s characterization there.
It’s my main critique with the D’s….you can disagree with the something without blowing it totally out of proportion. Exaggerating doesn’t strengthen an argument….to the contrary.

Wish they’d learn that one of these days

Reactions: 24 so far
I live in Georgia. We have early voting for at least two weeks. You can avoid long lines easily.

Most of the areas with long lines are Democrat controlled. It’s not a funding thing, it’s a getting people to volunteer and work there thing or a suitable location thing, since you need handicapped accommodations to be a polling place.

The idea that Republicans are in some smoke filled rooms, arbitrarily closing down anywhere that black people vote is just silly.

So you admit on one hand that it’s primarily Democrat areas that have longer lines, yet seem ignorant of who’s responsible for how many polling locations and the placement of said polling placements.

Hint: it’s the Secretary of State.

So you admit on one hand that it’s primarily Democrat areas that have longer lines, yet seem ignorant of who’s responsible for how many polling locations and the placement of said polling placements.

Hint: it’s the Secretary of State.
The Secretary of State does not decide where local election sites are and how many there are in a county or precinct. C’mon man.

Reactions: goldmom
I guess people aren’t responsible enough to bring water bottles. What is this, pre-school? GMAFB, maybe try taking care of yourself every once in awhile.
They shouldn't have to. Voting shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes anywhere in the country. But, evidently we've just accepted that there should only be 1 polling place for 1 million people in urban areas while there are 15 polling places for 10k people in rural areas.

No, it doesn’t. The turnout may very well have been even bigger.
We don’t know for sure, but high turnout doesn’t disprove anything.
We’re sure to hear about alleged suppression aren’t we? And if it’s real then we should be hearing about it now, not after the election, right?

Reactions: 24 so far
They shouldn't have to. Voting shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes anywhere in the country. But, evidently we've just accepted that there should only be 1 polling place for 1 million people in urban areas while there are 15 polling places for 10k people in rural areas.

Example?

Everyone is convinced of their own conspiracy theories, I suppose.

How in the world did Atlanta defeat the entire rest of the state with these odds stacked against them?

Nobody is arguing that it is the government’s job to provide water to voters. The issue is that the law prohibits anyone from doing so. Why is such a prohibition needed?
It's been over a year and you're still parroting this fallacy - if you still believe what you wrote, you're being willfully or intentionally obtuse.

Seriously, do GOP voters get a blue pill every 6 months or something?

So an article that’s going back to before the 2020 election (October of 2020) is still reflective of the current situation?
I’d love to see a more recent assessment of what’s happening.
What a mighty achievement that somehow Georgia got enough folks to the polls to give the state to the Great White Vegetable and two Democratic Senators!

Reactions: NCHawk5
It's been over a year and you're still parroting this fallacy - if you still believe what you wrote, you're being willfully or intentionally obtuse.

I read through the page you linked. What is it there that you think refutes what I said? It seems to very clearly SUPPORT my statement.

Seriously, do GOP voters get a blue pill every 6 months or something?

That article is so gross. Dems want the South be Jim Crow again sooooo bad! That article paints a picture that is totally inaccurate and meant to inflame people along racial lines. The facts are:

- Polling locations are not determined by the Secretary of State or the Legislature. They are decentralized and decided by County Election Boards.

- With early voting, people have time to vote now vs 2012 (the time when the author of the article uses as comparison)

- The notion that inner city polling places are disproportionately being closed is not supported by the facts. Rather it is rural areas where poll locations are sparsely visited, budgets cannot support/staff them, and buildings are no longer up to code that are disproportionately being closed.

- Lines late in the afternoon on Election Day are long across the state in all areas, including my suburban poll location.

It’s my main critique with the D’s….you can disagree with the something without blowing it totally out of proportion. Exaggerating doesn’t strengthen an argument….to the contrary.

Wish they’d learn that one of these days
Thousands of legal, eligible voters were purged from the voting rolls in Florida leading up to the 2000 election at the direction of the FL Sec of State. The company doing the purging was told to go with a lower match % that they told the FL Sec of State would result in thousands of false ID's leading to eligible voters being purged - exactly what occurred. They were told to proceed anyway. The FL Sec of State - the person in charge of FL elections - was also the state campaign chair for one of the major candidates who ended up "winning" the state by fewer than a thousand votes. How can you "blow that out of proportion"?

Now, regardless of whether what they did was right or not (it wasn't), can we NOT agree that having the person in charge of the election also running the campaign of a particular candidate or - as in the case of Georgia - actually BEING the candidate, presents an absolutely unacceptable conflict of interest and that person should step down from their electoral role?

Reactions: sober_teacher
That article is so gross. Dems want the South be Jim Crow again sooooo bad! That article paints a picture that is totally inaccurate and meant to inflame people along racial lines. The facts are:

- Polling locations are not determined by the Secretary of State or the Legislature. They are decentralized and decided by County Election Boards.

- With early voting, people have time to vote now vs 2012 (the time when the author of the article uses as comparison)

- The notion that inner city polling places are disproportionately being closed is not supported by the facts. Rather it is rural areas where poll locations are sparsely visited, budgets cannot support/staff them, and buildings are no longer up to code that are disproportionately being closed.

- Lines late in the afternoon on Election Day are long across the state in all areas, including my suburban poll location.
Can we not at least agree that it’s absurd how the state population has grown so much yet the number of voting locations has decreased?

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT