ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

Just curious but why bring up Michigan when discussing the exaggerations of the Georgia voting laws?

Again: Do you remember WHY Georgia and so many other states had to dramatically "change" their laws following the 2020 election? Do you recall the rationales they used?

Think hard.

So, you meet an 80 year old black person and ask of Georgia was worse for them now on in 1960 and you believe they will say it’s worse now?

Holy hell. WTF is wrong with you?
I love how you purposely miss the point of what someone is saying, dig into your thinking/narrative, and refuse to understand the point. So very Republican of you.

It's a simple question - how is this law worse than Jim crow laws? There's no shame in saying "it's not, I wasn't following". Much better than this deflection and doubling down you're doing now.
@FAUlty Gator @Finance85

This article says there is evidence for "both views", so you guys talking crap at me maybe need to reevaluate your stances and comments...don't act like there aren't parallels and people don't have a point.

@FAUlty Gator @Finance85

This article says there is evidence for "both views", so you guys talking crap at me maybe need to reevaluate your stances and comments...don't act like there aren't parallels and people don't have a point.

You said it so I'm asking you, not some random op-eds. You tell me. The fact you're so defensive and deflecting so hard is speaking volumes. Again, nothing wrong with just saying, "I screwed that up, was being too hyperbolic."

Reactions: goldmom
You said it so I'm asking you, not some random op-eds. You tell me. The fact you're so defensive and deflecting so hard is speaking volumes. Again, nothing wrong with just saying, "I screwed that up, was being too hyperbolic."
I'm telling you, you are wrong. You don't want to read? Fine. Those back up what I said. That's a YOU problem. I even posted one article that covers both sides.

I'm telling you, you are wrong. You don't want to read? Fine. Those back up what I said. That's a YOU problem. I even posted one article that covers both sides.
More avoidance and deflection. You, Tom, said it. Now you, Tom, explain it. An article written by someone who doesn't know you isn't going to explain your stance. Now, if you wrote an article, please share that.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
There's no evidence in this election cycle to support the rhetoric in those opinions.

Find some actual people who haven't been allowed to vote because of their skin color. Find some actual people who haven't been able to get an ID because of their skin color.

Find some actual people who've had to wait in longer lines to vote because of their skin color.

Opinions are worthless without actual evidence to support them. Let that sink in.

Again: Do you remember WHY Georgia and so many other states had to dramatically "change" their laws following the 2020 election? Do you recall the rationales they used?

Think hard.
There were lots of reasons. Some justifiable, some were a stretch in my opinion. Still doesn’t explain why we’re suddenly talking about Michigan. It looks like they have their own problems.

@FAUlty Gator @Finance85

You’re defending hyperbole by providing something even more hyperbolic and stretching further than anything I’ve ever read before.

You see, the thing about Jim Crow is that it worked…for 70 years. This alleged version of Jim Crow didn’t even succeed at the first and only thing you’re telling us that it was supposed to do.

So, the article you posted from over a year ago, has been proven wrong since it’s been written. Along with Biden, Abrams, Clyburn, you and the rest. Not even close to Jim Crow.

@FAUlty Gator @Finance85

Here’s a more current one..
One 70-year-old Black retiree, Patsy Reid, told The Postthat she was surprised she hadn’t encountered problems when she voted early. “I had heard that they were going to try to deter us in any way possible,” Reid said. “To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen — I was really thrown back.”
She was thrown because of Biden’s falsehoods. The president said in March 2021 that the law “ends voting hours early.” The same week, he also said: “It’s sick. It’s sick.” In fact, the law added a second Saturday of early voting — and 4,081 people voted on that additional Saturday this year. It mandated the use of drop boxes for the first time and expandedthe forms of acceptable voter identification to include a utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck, or even the last four digits of the voter’s Social Security number. The net effect, The Post’s Fact Checker foundlast year, “was to expand the opportunities to vote for most Georgians, not limit them.”

You’re defending hyperbole by providing something even more hyperbolic and stretching further than anything I’ve ever read before.

You see, the thing about Jim Crow is that it worked…for 70 years. This alleged version of Jim Crow didn’t even succeed at the first and only thing you’re telling us that it was supposed to do.

So, the article you posted from over a year ago, has been proven wrong since it’s been written. Along with Biden, Abrams, Clyburn, you and the rest. Not even close to Jim Crow.
Proven?? Unbelievable. Never ever can admit you're wrong. The comedy of this is, the part that I thought was in this law, that is in the Texas plan, was proven to me by our Georgia poster in this thread, that it isn't part of the law. 6 months or so ago. He corrected me. I thanked him and admitted I was wrong...something you can never ever do.

My beliefs, backed up by black people from the south, doesn't fit your narrative. Now you're dismissing their thoughts, because you can't admit they have a different feeling about these laws than you do. That's the bottom line.

One 70-year-old Black retiree, Patsy Reid, told The Postthat she was surprised she hadn’t encountered problems when she voted early. “I had heard that they were going to try to deter us in any way possible,” Reid said. “To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen — I was really thrown back.”
She was thrown because of Biden’s falsehoods. The president said in March 2021 that the law “ends voting hours early.” The same week, he also said: “It’s sick. It’s sick.” In fact, the law added a second Saturday of early voting — and 4,081 people voted on that additional Saturday this year. It mandated the use of drop boxes for the first time and expandedthe forms of acceptable voter identification to include a utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck, or even the last four digits of the voter’s Social Security number. The net effect, The Post’s Fact Checker foundlast year, “was to expand the opportunities to vote for most Georgians, not limit them.”
Ok.

People voted early from another article..to beat the lines. Early voting surged.

Proven?? Unbelievable. Never ever can admit you're wrong. The comedy of this is, the part that I thought was in this law, that is in the Texas plan, was proven to me by our Georgia poster in this thread, that it isn't part of the law. 6 months or so ago. He corrected me. I thanked him and admitted I was wrong...something you can never ever do.

My beliefs, backed up by black people from the south, doesn't fit your narrative. Now you're dismissing their thoughts, because you can't admit they have a different feeling about these laws than you do. That's the bottom line.

People voted early from another article..to beat the lines. Early voting surged.
More avoidance and deflection despite being provided a first hand account to the contrary. So again, how is this even in the same realm as Jim Crow? Pretend you're one of your students and its a short essay question. So far, you would have to give yourself and resounding "F" - how about you try and put in at least a "C" effort?

Ahhh. So, your argument is that Gerogia has made it more convenient for everyone to vote without issue. How Jim Crow of them. Lol. I get it now. I’m being punked. Good one. You got me.

Blacks in Georgia weren't worried at all right? They aren't stupid and they know what was attempted. We all can see what's going on around the country with voting changes. You refuse to. Again, that's why people like you are a problem.

Blacks in Georgia weren't worried at all right? They aren't stupid and they know what was attempted. We all can see what's going on around the country with voting changes. You refuse to. Again, that's why people like you are a problem.
Due to hyperbolic statements from people not unlike yourself (or outright lies). The truth was always out there, and now the truth is being displayed.

Again, how is this law in any, way, shape or form akin to Jim Crow? I see you have now been put so far in corner, you have resorted to the riley tactic of just clicking a laughing emoji - nothing says "Ive thrown in the towel, but won't admit I was wrong" quite like a laughing emoji.

Last edited:

No. Who said they weren’t worried? Of course they’re worried. The Dem exploitation of them keeps them worried and victimized. It’s how you control them. Incredibly racist but whatever works for you, I guess.

What happened was, you said that blacks agree that it’s worse than Jim Crow. And I said that you’re an idiot for thinking that. And it’s true…still.

Reactions: goldmom and 83Hawk
Due to hyperbolic statements from people not unlike yourself (or outright lies). The truth was always out there, and now the truth is being displayed.

Again, how is this law in any, way, shape or form akin to Jim Crow? I see you have now been put so far in corner, you have resorted to the riley tactic of just clicking a laughing emoji - nothing says "Ive thrown in the towel, but won't admit I was wrong" quite like a laughing emoji.
Actually nothing says throwing in the towel more than not having a point and using the ignore button like 83Hawk.

I'm just not going to play your little game when this has been discussed over and over. You still are missing the point of what Biden said. What Clyburn said. What black people in red states fear. But whatever. Don't read the articles. Dismiss what the people there are saying. Unlike me who has actually listened to what the Georgian here said and don't use the same argument I used 6 months ago. It's called learning. Try it.

No. Who said they weren’t worried? Of course they’re worried. The Dem exploitation of them keeps them worried and victimized. It’s how you control them. Incredibly racist but whatever works for you, I guess.

What happened was, you said that blacks agree that it’s worse than Jim Crow. And I said that you’re an idiot for thinking that. And it’s true…still.
That isn't what I said. That isn't even what Biden said that I agreed with. Now you added a word and are lying. I agree that they look at it like Jim Crow 2022. There's a subtle difference in the language that makes it accurate. You and a couple others haven't grasped it yet.

Actually nothing says throwing in the towel more than not having a point and using the ignore button like 83Hawk.

I'm just not going to play your little game when this has been discussed over and over. You still are missing the point of what Biden said. What Clyburn said. What black people in red states fear. But whatever. Don't read the articles. Dismiss what the people there are saying. Unlike me who has actually listened to what the Georgian here said and don't use the same argument I used 6 months ago. It's called learning. Try it.
You don’t use the same argument you used 6 months ago? Lol. You literally just posted articles from 13 month ago to support your obviously out of date thinking and opinions. Also…you realize there’s at least one Georgian in this thread that you’ve been arguing with, don’t you?

Amazing. Really. Congrats.

That isn't what I said. That isn't even what Biden said that I agreed with. Now you added a word and are lying. I agree that they look at it like Jim Crow 2022. There's a subtle difference in the language that makes it accurate. You and a couple others haven't grasped it yet.
Biden was wrong. He'll never admit it. You were wrong, but you have a chance to show you are intellectually honest. It's not too late.

And yet, the Georgia election laws still aren’t anything nearly as bad as Jim Crow. Of course, if I said something as stupid as that, I’d deflect from it every chance I got as well.

Really? Follow the posts.

Also, you posted “he’s right” for Biden saying the voting law is “Jim Crow on steroids”. You realize it’s not hard to look back and see what was said before you make shut up about it, right?

You haven't learned jack until you say "this law is nothing like Jim Crow and I apologize for contributing to the hyperbole".

Uh no, I haven’t. Not sure you know what the term means.

Yes, you have.
You no longer "remember" that Georgia and OTHER swing states ALL pushed for voting crackdowns/law changes because of (in part) the constant chime of "Voter Fraud". It's WHY they had to make so many law changes.

So, the simple fact you cannot remember this, anymore, demonstrates you've been gaslit.

Yes, you have.
You no longer "remember" that Georgia and OTHER swing states ALL pushed for voting crackdowns/law changes because of (in part) the constant chime of "Voter Fraud". It's WHY they had to make so many law changes.

So, the simple fact you cannot remember this, anymore, demonstrates you've been gaslit.
There were several rules that were put in place due to Covid that were unprecedented. Drop boxes and such. Those things needed to be reviewed and laws needed to be put in place. Election laws were going to be reviewed and changed regarding of anyone claiming fraud or not.

There were several rules that were put in place due to Covid that were unprecedented. Drop boxes and such. Those things needed to be reviewed and laws needed to be put in place. Election laws were going to be reviewed and changed regarding of anyone claiming fraud or not.

So, now you DO remember all those "fraud allegations" and GOP lawmakers proposing MANY of these changes to "combat them" (despite all of them being total BS).

#Gaslit

Reactions: Tom Paris
Ignore is the best action. Tom is so far gone from reality. Surprised the mods allow Tom to post on here
You vote Republican. Never talk about anyone else’s reality. You buy into a fake one sold to you by a conman. Prove me wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: NCHawk5
ADVERTISEMENT