ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

So, now you DO remember all those "fraud allegations" and GOP lawmakers proposing MANY of these changes to "combat them" (despite all of them being total BS).

#Gaslit
Of course I remember the fraud allegations. I never bought into them. Still some temporary Covid voting rules (again, the drop boxes example) were going to HAVE to be corrected/clarified. That was going to happen regardless of any claims of voter fraud.

LOL at your hashtag shit. It’s completely impossible to have a normal discussion with you. You’re a weird mother****er.

Reactions: NCHawk5 and goldmom
Not quite - @Joes Place seems to have learned a new word that he only marginally grasps, so we'll have to deal with him interjecting that ad nauseam. Curse that "word of the day" calendar.
The best part about it is that guy gaslights people daily with god awful logic related to Covid. Basically creates a fantasy world where the left is never wrong about Covid and claims he’s using data to do so.

..... no one brought me water. And I’ve stood in line in more than one state.
[/QUOTE]
Probably on the same night, right, goldmom?

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
These are the kinds of shenanigans "red states" pull to suppress voting on Voting Day, and are EXACTLY why 2-3 weeks (or more) of early voting windows and ballot-drop-offs are entirely necessary.

Reactions: joelbc1
Once AGAIN: WHAT is the problem with "Early Voting" for MAGAs and Republicans?

These things should not happen. Anywhere.

I’m not opposed to early voting (let’s say two weeks) but these lines are simply a matter of more polling stations and reliable machines.

Im sure there is bipartisan support for more same day infrastructure, right?

Not when it requires "tax increases".

Early voting = Mostly "free".
So are mailed out ballots and drop-boxes, like Oregon's been using for decades and that we use here in Colorado.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Georgia law mandates that if precincts of a certain substantial size had lines of more than one hour in the previous general election, or did not complete voting by an hour after the official poll-closing time in that previous general election, county officials have to reduce the size of the precinct or get more poll workers, voting equipment or both for the next election.

So are mailed out ballots and drop-boxes, like Oregon's been using for decades and that we use here in Colorado.
How is early voting free? You have to pay people to man those locations for weeks vs one day. Again I vote early and am for it but it’s not a money saver.

You can do your drop box mail in votes in Colorado, but in Georgia you have to show ID and that seems reasonable to me. You do you.

Reactions: goldmom
You can do your drop box mail in votes in Colorado, but in Georgia you have to show ID and that seems reasonable to me. You do you.

Georgia can do what CO and OR do, AND save money doing it.

No "ID" is required for absentee ballots in most states.

So are there tax increases in early voting states? Or only in Georgia?
And do they only tax based on skin color?
Were taxes increased to pay for the costs involved in printing out those mailed ballots in other states, pay for the cost of postage and the purchase of the drop boxes? Were paid Elections Officials picking up the ballots placed in those drop boxes? Surely that wasn’t something that was totally free, right? 😏🤔

So are there tax increases in early voting states? Or only in Georgia?

Not in ones that use basic/inexpensive technology for mailed-out ballots and drop boxes.

The Red states seem to not want those technologies, because they'd increase turnout. So, they pass laws that require in-person voting which DOES require more manpower for early voting, more machines, etc.

Are these concepts too difficult for you to understand here?

Were taxes increased to pay for the costs involved in printing out those mailed ballots in other states
Not really.

Printing things is dirt cheap. It's why you still get so many "vote for" flyers in your snail-mail box. (in glossy, full color, BTW; envelopes and ballots are way way cheaper)

Plus, I just got my confirmation emails/notices of "receipt" of my drop-off ballot, and of "Acceptance" of it early this AM. Dropped it off Monday afternoon.

Not in ones that use basic/inexpensive technology for mailed-out ballots and drop boxes.

The Red states seem to not want those technologies, because they'd increase turnout. So, they pass laws that require in-person voting which DOES require more manpower for early voting, more machines, etc.

Are these concepts too difficult for you to understand here?
What law was passed in Georgia that requires more in-person voting?

ADVERTISEMENT