ADVERTISEMENT

March 12 ESPN Bracketology (Final Edition): IOWA remains an 8 Seed (in Birmingham). Bracket Matrix has them as a 9 Seed

As of today, Dec 6, 9 B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, #6 Iowa would play #11 Utah in Orlando with the winner playing #3 Alabama/#14 UMass Lowell.

Penn State is the 1st team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
2 Indiana
4 Maryland
5 Illinois
6 IOWA
6 Ohio State
8 Wisconsin
10 Rutgers (one of LAST 4 BYES)
11 Michigan State (one of LAST 4 IN)

Link to full bracket:

As of today, Dec 13, eight B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, #7 Iowa would play #10 Texas Tech in Greensboro with the winner playing #2 Tennessee/#15 Liberty.

Penn State is the 1st team OUT; Rutgers is the 2nd team OUT; Michigan is the 6th team OUT.

The 8 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
4 Indiana
5 Maryland
5 Illinois
6 Ohio State
7 IOWA
7 Wisconsin
10 Michigan State (one of last 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

Reactions: BustingNarratives
As of today, Dec 13, eight B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, #7 Iowa would play #10 Texas Tech in Greensboro with the winner playing #2 Tennessee/#15 Liberty.

Penn State is the 1st team OUT; Rutgers is the 2nd team OUT; Michigan is the 6th team OUT.

The 8 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
4 Indiana
5 Maryland
5 Illinois
6 Ohio State
7 IOWA
7 Wisconsin
10 Michigan State (one of last 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

We may need to scratch and claw for wins until Kris get's back. Good news is we are building some depth with him out which might help down the stretch run. Still a lot of basketball to be played.

Need to get healthy. Need shooters that can make shots. Need the McCaffreys to both show up like they did the other nite. Need another body that can effectively come in at the 5 and give us 10 minutes a game. We can and should get into the dance but we need a few things, did I mention we need to get healthy?

Need to get healthy. Need shooters that can make shots. Need the McCaffreys to both show up like they did the other nite. Need another body that can effectively come in at the 5 and give us 10 minutes a game. We can and should get into the dance but we need a few things, did I mention we need to get healthy?
Spot on … plus we need to get healthy :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
As of today, Dec 20, nine B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, #8 Iowa would play #9 San Diego State in Des Moines with the winner playing #1 Kansas/#16 SIUE or Nicholls State.

Rutgers is the 5th team OUT; Michigan is the 7th team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue (TOP overall seed)
4 Indiana
5 Illinois
5 Wisconsin
7 Maryland
7 Ohio State
8 IOWA
9 Michigan State
10 Penn State (one of last 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

As of today, Dec 20, nine B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, #8 Iowa would play #9 San Diego State in Des Moines with the winner playing #1 Kansas/#16 SIUE or Nicholls State.

Rutgers is the 5th team OUT; Michigan is the 7th team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams:

4 Indiana
5 Illinois
5 Wisconsin
7 Maryland
7 Ohio State
8 IOWA
9 Michigan State
10 Penn State (one of last 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

I'm guessing that by the end of the year you won't see Iowa mentioned in the field of 64 unless they repeat winning 4 games in 4 days. Not seeing Iowa getting a bid with no one to back up Rebraca and their shooters so inconsistent from game to games.

As of today, Dec 27, TEN B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance.

In the latest bracket, #12 Iowa would play #12 Texas Tech in a play in game with the winner playing #5 Kentucky in Orlando.

Northwestern is the 2nd team OUT.

The 10 B1G Teams:

5 Wisconsin
5 Indiana
6 Ohio State
6 Maryland
7 Illinois
10 Michigan State
11 Penn State (one of last 4 byes)
11 Rutgers (one of last 4 in)
12 IOWA (LAST TEAM IN)

Link to full bracket:

9 of 10 B12 teams? Not happening Joe.
Currently all 10 B12 teams are in the top 60 in both NET and KenPom--no Q4 Ls and 26-17 combined against Q1 & 2. That leaves them so inflated going into conference play that not a single team is considered a "bad loss." That typically leads to a lot of teams getting in.

Doesn't Joe kind of suck at this?
He's ranked #88 out of 150 on BracketMatrix. So pretty average, but still way better than Palm who's near the bottom.
Funnily enough, up until the past couple of years the #1 most accurate bracketology was a high school group who does one as an extra-curricular activity. You have Lunardi and Palm and who are likely getting paid nice salaries to do this and a bunch of teenagers and a math teacher who do this for fun are more accurate lol

Obviously you got Purdue on top of the country and the class of the Big Ten. After that, I just see a bunch of teams from like 2 through 13 that range from slightly below average to decent. Heck, Wisconsin is the highest ranked team besides Purdue and I wasn’t overly impressed with them. Problem is if we beat Indiana, we knock them to either barely ranked or unranked. I feel like that will happen a lot, like it did to Iowa.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News has IOWA as the 2nd team OUT & Michigan as the 8th team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams he has in:

1 Purdue
5 Wisconsin
5 Indiana
6 Ohio State
6 Maryland
9 Michigan State
10 Illinois
10 Rutgers
11 Penn State

FlAfjFdWAAIvmTs

FlAfjfrWYAAkgv0

FlAfjyYWYAUnbBY

Last edited:
He's ranked #88 out of 150 on BracketMatrix. So pretty average, but still way better than Palm who's near the bottom.
Funnily enough, up until the past couple of years the #1 most accurate bracketology was a high school group who does one as an extra-curricular activity. You have Lunardi and Palm and who are likely getting paid nice salaries to do this and a bunch of teenagers and a math teacher who do this for fun are more accurate lol

This is not shocking, yet still hilarious.

As of today, Jan 10, NINE B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance.

Iowa is the 3rd team OUT. Penn State is the 5th team OUT.

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
6 Ohio State
7 Rutgers @MrsScrew
7 Wisconsin
8 Michigan State
8 Indiana
9 Maryland
10 Illinois (one of LAST 4 byes)
10 Northwestern (one of LAST 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

• Wow
Reactions: MrsScrew and KcTo

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
6 Ohio State
7 Rutgers @MrsScrew
7 Wisconsin
8 Michigan State
8 Indiana
9 Maryland

Link to full bracket:

Fran needs to change things up…
Has missing PMac’s poor defense helped in this 2-0 streak where strong defense (IU 2nd half) has been factor in both wins.?

Fran needs to change things up…
Has missing PMac’s poor defense helped in this 2-0 streak where strong defense (IU 2nd half) has been factor in both wins.?

Some on here have mentioned this but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Mulvey. He hasn't messed up in the limited minutes he's seen. We will probably need Ogundele's and his size down the road (Purdue, etc)

I think the players have circled the wagons when it comes to PMac and the outside noise. I still think it's a minor miracle that we are not 0-5 in the B1G (who thought we'd come back from 21 down to IU? who thought we'd win at Rutgers?).

Some on here have mentioned this but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Mulvey. He hasn't messed up in the limited minutes he's seen. We will probably need Ogundele's and his size down the road (Purdue, etc)

I think the players have circled the wagons when it comes to PMac and the outside noise. I still think it's a minor miracle that we are not 0-5 in the B1G (who thought we'd come back from 21 down to IU? who thought we'd win at Rutgers?).
Frans insistence on not playing Mulvey and Ogundele more is a real drawback for this teams development, and highlighted even more by the loss of the 6 9” PMac (although not a tough rebounder, certainly a long rebounder )

im a bit surprised to see PMac at games, as I thought maybe he’d be taking time completely away from the day to day of all BB activities

i do hope he gets well, as his personality quick to smile, and is more light hearted than his Dad and Bro

That Eastern Illinois loss has created a very uphill climb to make the tournament. I think in the end it's going to cost them making the tournament.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

The 9 B1G Teams:

1 Purdue
6 Ohio State
7 Rutgers @MrsScrew
7 Wisconsin
8 Michigan State
8 Indiana
9 Maryland

Link to full bracket:

Original Post:

As of today, Nov 22, 10 B1G Teams are projected to make the Big Dance. In the latest bracket, Iowa would play #12 Towson with the winner playing #4 Kentucky/#13 Grand Canyon.

The 10 B1G Teams:

2 Indiana
4 Illinois
4 Michigan State
5 IOWA
6 Purdue
7 Ohio State
7 Maryland
8 Michigan
9 Wisconsin
11 Penn State (one of last 4 byes)

Link to full bracket:

Don’t worry, just like in the majority of years, Selection Sunday will be just another Sunday for us Iowa fans. At best, we wait until Monday to see the NIT bracket. ZERO chance this team makes the tourney. Embarrassing to play in the NIT, but qualifying for that this year is 50/50.

Don’t worry, just like in the majority of years, Selection Sunday will be just another Sunday for us Iowa fans. At best, we wait until Monday to see the NIT bracket. ZERO chance this team makes the tourney. Embarrassing to play in the NIT, but qualifying for that this year is 50/50.
Actually the last 3 years in a row (that it was held) Iowa has been in the NCAA Tournament. And in the year it was cancelled, I think we were most likely in with our record of 20-11 prior to the B10 tournament. So, you seem to be dwelling on the negative?

Zero chance we make the tournament this year?

This team has a ton of work to do, but the chances aren't zero.

You clearly haven’t been following Iowa basketball the past several years. We’ve made the tournament 6 of the last 8 years and it would have been 7 of 9 but for COVID. I’ll take that bet, I say we make the tournament and you can give me only 2-1 odds.

I get why Lunardi is often sited--he's the main stream guy. But he's also slightly below average when it comes to this stuff. Here are 2 guys who are pretty highly ranked. Both have Iowa in the field currently--one as a #9 seed and one as an #11 and last 4 w/ byes.

You contradict yourself here. A majority of years (six of the last eight) Iowa has firmly been in the tournament.

Why would anyone wait until Monday to see where they’re seeded in the NIT when that bracket is announced Sunday night after the Selection Sunday show? How ignorant are you? Actually don’t answer that. Just keep posting and let us see for ourselves.

I get why Lunardi is often sited--he's the main stream guy. But he's also slightly below average when it comes to this stuff. Here are 2 guys who are pretty highly ranked. Both have Iowa in the field currently--one as a #9 seed and one as an #11 and last 4 w/ byes.

just win, baby, and things will take care of themselves

Mike DeCoursy writes for The Sporting News and does a bracket for FOX Sports; you will also see him in the B1G studio during games. He, too, has Iowa as the 3rd team OUT. He has Maryland as the 1st team OUT and Northwestern as the 5th team OUT.

The 8 B1G Teams he has in:

1 Purdue
6 Wisconsin
7 Rutgers
7 Ohio State
8 Michigan State
9 Penn State
10 Indiana
10 Illinois

FmIQ820XEAsfUJM

FmIRGFMXkAQl163

FmIRW5iXEAEehEx

Reactions: KcTo
Mike DeCoursy writes for The Sporting News and does a bracket for FOX Sports; you will also see him in the B1G studio during games. He, too, has Iowa as the 3rd team OUT. He has Maryland as the 1st team OUT and Northwestern as the 5th team OUT.

The 8 B1G Teams he has in:

1 Purdue
6 Wisconsin
7 Rutgers
7 Ohio State
8 Michigan State
9 Penn State
10 Indiana
10 Illinois

FmIQ820XEAsfUJM

FmIRGFMXkAQl163

FmIRW5iXEAEehEx