ADVERTISEMENT

Fed Meeting today 6/15/2022

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
If there's been one consistency from the Fed, it's been a failure to inspire confidence in its understanding of the situation we find ourselves in

In fact, at his last news conference in May, Powell dismissed 75 basis points as an option, saying it was "not something the committee is actively considering." A basis point is one one-hundredth of a percentage point.

Now, Powell could provide indications that multiple 75 basis point hikes are possible if inflation readings don't start to come down.

Reactions: Tom Paris
If there's been one consistency from the Fed, it's been a failure to inspire confidence in its understanding of the situation we find ourselves in

In fact, at his last news conference in May, Powell dismissed 75 basis points as an option, saying it was "not something the committee is actively considering." A basis point is one one-hundredth of a percentage point.

Now, Powell could provide indications that multiple 75 basis point hikes are possible if inflation readings don't start to come down.
Fed has been behind the power curve....to say the least...through this whole mess.

Reactionary policy instead of pro-active.

Kind of shocking Powell kept his job...

The only thing that has saved us up until now are the Covid stimulus bills, and it was a disaster not passing Build Back Better and its investments and its expansion of the Child tax credits (along with the corporate and upper-income tax increases).

People have been saying it's a horrible economy but that's bullshit, it's the best jobs economy in over 50 years or ever. Now we will probably have stagflation, after Fed rate hikes and Repubs taking the Congress and doing everything they can to restrict spending.

The inflation has always been about Covid, supply chains, and energy prices.

The only thing that has saved us up until now are the Covid stimulus bills, and it was a disaster not passing Build Back Better and its investments and its expansion of the Child tax credits (along with the corporate and upper-income tax increases).

People have been saying it's a horrible economy but that's bullshit, it's the best jobs economy in over 50 years or ever. Now we will probably have stagflation, after Fed rate hikes and Repubs taking the Congress and doing everything they can to restrict spending.

SMH. Those bills are one of the major reasons we are experiencing inflation.

And certain policies due to Covid (student loan deferments for example), the tax cuts, and the fed not being pro active years ago. I also doubt that about republicans as they love to spend as much as the Dems lol.

Lot's of good eating in Montgomery.

The Biscuits minor league ball park is one of the best I've been to and the area around it is a great place to spend the evening. Restaurants/bars ect....
I see a possibility of Type 2 and weight gain happening with all of the southern food.

From the research I have done it sounds like you are correct about the minor league park and the surrounding areas of the riverfront. I definitely will miss the dry desert climate vs the soul crushing humidity I am moving to.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I just had our house listed yesterday for sale. Great timing for another rate hike.
My GF (no pics) and I bought a new build house Memorial Day weekend. It's projected be ready for close on 9/23. Rates have gone from 5.375% to 6.28% since we started the process. Dreading to see what rates are by the time we can potentially lock our rate in if they keep going crazy like they have in the last week.

I'm not so concerned about selling my current townhome since it's updated and in good condition and will sell for around $225K-$240K. Everything that has been listed recently has still flown off the market. One of the good things about living in Houston is the local economy is generally resilient and wasn't hit as hard comparatively during 2008.

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
My GF (no pics) and I bought a new build house Memorial Day weekend. It's projected be ready for close on 9/23. Rates have gone from 5.375% to 6.28% since we started the process. Dreading to see what rates are by the time we can potentially lock our rate in if they keep going crazy like they have in the last week.
I think they will approach 8% maybe through the middle of next summer before coming back to the 4-5% range.

Couldn’t agree more. BBB was designed to fight inflation while providing for the folks that need it. If it passed, I doubt we would have as many fed rate hikes as we have had.

Reactions: Tom Paris
SMH. Those bills are one of the major reasons we are experiencing inflation.
It’s Bizarro World.

Bizarro-World.jpg

Reactions: dandh
I see a possibility of Type 2 and weight gain happening with all of the southern food.

From the research I have done it sounds like you are correct about the minor league park and the surrounding areas of the riverfront. I definitely will miss the dry desert climate vs the soul crushing humidity I am moving to.
I went to the SNCO academy at Gunter annex and liked my time in Montgomery.

You see Alabama things....cars on cinder blocks in the front yard :) but Montgomery isn't bad....

Easy driving distance the Gulf as well...

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
I went to the SNCO academy at Gunter annex and liked my time in Montgomery.

You see Alabama things....cars on cinder blocks in the front yard :) but Montgomery isn't bad....

Easy driving distance the Gulf as well...

Wife, no pics, is a dentist and is going to be the flight commander there. She is going to apply to attend the War College which is also at Maxwell. Hopefully she gets it vs doing it online. If everything works out we will be out of there in two years and it will be squadron commander time for her.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Yep. Economists said as much. Republicans knew this but absolutely can’t give Biden a win.
The top economists in the world have been horribly wrong about inflation the last couple of years fwiw. Janet Yellen even admitted these who was pushing the BBB

Raising interest rates aren't going to solve the fuel price issue. Raising interest rates isn't going to solve the government deficit spending issue. Raising interest rates will lead to higher debt service on the federal debt going forward, which in turn shrinks the amount the government can spend on other stuff.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
ADVERTISEMENT