ADVERTISEMENT

Fed Meeting today 6/15/2022

Well, I am not a righty, so there's that. Link to Economist saying there would have been zero rate hikes at this particular point in time had the BBB passed.
I don’t have time right now. You sure act like a MAGA, there’s that. Maybe don’t exhibit the behavior of one and I won’t call you one. Deal?

Banks will be saying

“yes, your house payment will be $900 more a month than it would have been had you purchased a few months ago but it’s fine. Get an ARM, I wouldn’t doubt if Biden forgives some of it”.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me how I exhibited behavior of a maga. We will start there.
I just get that feeling that you’re anti Biden even when explain BBB to you. It’s not hard to understand why it was targeted spending that would actually help inflation. You act like a MAGA just not liking it because of Biden. Hondo/NC vibes.

Where's Paul Volcker when we need him?
37787b6d-20f8-4e93-83fe-d813808c56e9_text.gif

BBB was designed to fight inflation while providing for the folks that need it.

And the Titanic was designed to be unsinkable,... Please learn something about inflation before playing salesman for Joe's Build Back Better fiasco that we were recently saved from.

Reactions: Finance85
And we would have had 0 hikes if BBB passed. It was designed to curb inflation while spending wisely. Best legislation since the new deal and would have made us whole again.

You have no way to know if any of that is true.

If they want the FFR to be 4% just make it 4%. Rip the bandaid off. The sooner they get to where they want to be (a crash) the sooner we can lower rates again and start the recovery.
They are trying to raise rates without inciting a recession. Hence why they aren't doing it all at once. Whether that is possible is up for debate but that is why they aren't "ripping the bandaid off".

Reactions: AreWeCross
They are trying to raise rates without inciting a recession. Hence why they aren't doing it all at once. Whether that is possible is up for debate but that is why they aren't "ripping the bandaid off".
Once the recession is confirmed, they still won’t hike it to where it needs to be. They are aiming for a soft landing which doesn’t really seem possible as the gap isn’t narrowing much at all.

The government has never known how to make a soft landing and, clearly, still doesn't.
They try to blow new bubbles to soften the landing.
It’s the only trick they have.
Bernanke laid out the playbook in 2002.
They’ve dutifully followed it.
Only question now is how quick QT ends and QE-to-infinity resumes.

I don’t have time right now. You sure act like a MAGA, there’s that. Maybe don’t exhibit the behavior of one and I won’t call you one. Deal?
You have time to reply and try to justify a false assumption you made, but not time to prove you aren't talking out of your ass?

The only thing that has saved us up until now are the Covid stimulus bills, and it was a disaster not passing Build Back Better and its investments and its expansion of the Child tax credits (along with the corporate and upper-income tax increases).

People have been saying it's a horrible economy but that's bullshit, it's the best jobs economy in over 50 years or ever. Now we will probably have stagflation, after Fed rate hikes and Repubs taking the Congress and doing everything they can to restrict spending.

The inflation has always been about Covid, supply chains, and energy prices.
It has been 100% about the response to Covid.

Couldn’t agree more. BBB was designed to fight inflation while providing for the folks that need it. If it passed, I doubt we would have as many fed rate hikes as we have had.
Help me understand why you believe BBB would fight inflation. Inflation has been caused by an unprecedented increase in the money supply. BBB would have led to further increases in the money supply. Inflation hurts those in need the most. We would have needed higher, faster and longer rate increases to fight inflation.

It has been 100% about the response to Covid.
Absolutely, shut downs were understandable in the infancy of the pandemic, when we thought the death rate could be 5-10%. Trump gave out way too much money and has a hand in what we’re facing today.

Then the Dems come in after we have developed a vaccine and knowing the death rate was much lower than initially feared. They insist inflation is nil and demand more stimulus and extended shutdowns to “save lives”. “Save lives” my ass. It was maybe 20% “saving lives” and 80% establishing control. There was no way they could let Trump claim that he did more to help people than they did, so they “one-upped” him by dragging the Covid BS out as long as they could.

Trump was a total shit-stain, but the Biden administration has a brown spot growing in the back of their britches that could be the size of a manure pit by the time we see the other side of what we’re facing.

ADVERTISEMENT