ADVERTISEMENT

Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Charge him, and if convicted, lock him up!:

Federal agents investigating President Biden’s son Hunter have gathered what they believe is sufficient evidence to charge him with tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase, people familiar with the case told The Post’s Devlin Barrett and Perry Stein.
The next step is for the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, a Trump administration holdover, to decide on whether to file such charges, these people said.
The investigation into Hunter Biden began years ago, and became a central focus for President Donald Trump during his unsuccessful 2020 reelection effort.
Initially, the investigation centered around Hunter Biden’s finances related to overseas business ties and consulting work. Over time, investigators with multiple agencies focused closely on whether he did not report all of his income, and whether he lied on gun purchase paperwork in 2018, according to the people familiar with the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing case.
Agents determined months ago they had assembled a viable criminal case against the younger Biden. But it is ultimately up to prosecutors at the Justice Department, not agents, to decide whether to file charges in cases where prosecutors believe the evidence is strong enough to lead to a likely conviction at trial.
Because of the political interest into a criminal probe involving the son of a sitting president, Attorney General Merrick Garland has made it clear that the U.S. attorney in Delaware, David C. Weiss, is supervising the case. Weiss was nominated to the post by Trump.
Weiss “is in charge of that investigation. There will not be interference of any political or improper kind,” Garland said in April at a Senate hearing about how the Justice Department is handling the investigation. “We put the investigation in the hands of a Trump appointee from the previous administration.”
A spokeswoman for Weiss declined to comment, as did spokespeople for the Justice Department, and the FBI and the IRS, the two primary investigative agencies.
Asked about the case by our colleagues, Chris Clark, a lawyer for Hunter Biden, accused investigators of leaking information:
“It is a federal felony for a federal agent to leak information about a Grand Jury investigation such as this one,” Clark said in a written statement. “Any agent you cite as a source in your article apparently has committed such a felony. We expect the Department of Justice will diligently investigate and prosecute such bad actors. As is proper and legally required, we believe the prosecutors in this case are diligently and thoroughly weighing not just evidence provided by agents, but also all the other witnesses in this case, including witnesses for the defense. That is the job of the prosecutors. They should not be pressured, rushed, or criticized for doing their job.” …
Clark [added] that he has “had no contact whatsoever with any federal investigative agent. Therefore, a rendition of the case from such an ‘agent’ is inherently biased, one-sided, and inaccurate. It is regrettable that law enforcement agents appear to be violating the law to prejudice a case against a person who is a target simply because of his family name.”
Read more on this investigation here.

If I was a Dem and did not want to see Joe run again in 2024 … this is a good thing. Could clear the table quickly. If there is tax evasion issues with Hunter I wonder if the 10% that the “big guy” was getting on some of Hunter’s deals is also in play if he was not reporting that income?

Do you know what a whataboutism is?
Yes. Have you not figured out the game here? I despise politics in their current state, and will let it rip because that’s the way things are done now- bs your way through everything, make 0 points.

Yes. Have you not figured out the game here? I despise politics in their current state, and will let it rip because that’s the way things are done now- bs your way through everything, make 0 points.
Yeah, I know the game. Hunter Biden is a questionable (at best) individual with a several addictions who traded on his last name.

Trump was desperate to dig up dirt on Biden and Burisma and that culminated in the “perfect” call that got Trump impeached the first time.

Ever since then, the righties in Congress and on FOx have been obsessed with proving Trump was on to something in his never ending fight against corruption and bad behavior.

Charge him, try him…I don’t care if Hunter Biden goes to jail for the rest of his life.

The game is that you're a lousy troll. The problem you share with ihhawk is that to be a good troll you have to have a higher than room temp IQ. Neither of you qualify.

Good. Dude is a crook. Let the system do its thing. But short of the death penalty, R’s won’t be satisfied.
Ehh, I'm good with the death penalty for him, the trump kids, and any other kids that I don't want to spend time thinking of that tread on their parents' political ties to profit. They should all be dumped onto the same deserted island.

This is agents, not prosecutors. Agents think everyone is guilty. And if he is, and you can prove it, charge him.

I’m starting to think Hunter will never be President.
Maybe he already is, it's obvious Joe isn't really in charge.

I'll believe Hunter being charged when it happens.

The gun charge is the most important thing to me. How about let's enforce existing gun laws before demanding we have more laws. Let's make sure that we enforce them equally, too, without regard to how a person is related to a politician.

I'll believe Hunter being charged when it happens.

The gun charge is the most important thing to me. How about let's enforce existing gun laws before demanding we have more laws. Let's make sure that we enforce them equally, too, without regard to how a person is related to a politician.
Agreed. If he broke gun laws, prosecute him!

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Hunter is a clown and nobody particularly cares about how any of this affects him,.. The possible involvement of his father and uncle is the real story here...

Reactions: BustingNarratives
If he broke the law then I'm ok with him doing the proper jail time. I feel the same for Trump's kids as I do Biden's kids. The difference here is that Biden wasn't dumb enough to put his messed up kid on his staff.

If he broke the law then I'm ok with him doing the proper jail time. I feel the same for Trump's kids as I do Biden's kids. The difference here is that Biden wasn't dumb enough to put his messed up kid on his staff.

But Joe Biden was dumb enough to put his kid on Air Force 2, with the then Vice President of the United States, to fly him to China, to introduce him to numerous lucrative business and political contacts,.. The VP's boss at the time was also dumb to allow these types of activities.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
But Joe Biden was dumb enough to put his kid on Air Force 2, with the then Vice President of the United States, to fly him to China, to introduce him to numerous lucrative business and political contacts,.. The VP's boss at the time was also dumb to allow these types of activities.
President's and Vice President's often take their family with them on trips. It's a perk of the job. I have no issue with that. If he's giving away state secrets then that's a crime, if he's promising the government will do something in their favor if they hire their son then that's a problem. But I have no issue with introducing your kid to dignitaries and businessmen.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT