ADVERTISEMENT

Feeling bad for Iowa Hawkeyes star Caitlin Clark this week.

I am sure that she did not verbally support Britney Griener. She was asked to comment on the situation and said nothing. That makes your first point very suspect. The rest of your statement is totally worthless. I don't care for Mulkey; but, I am not a blinded idiot that will erroneously trash her without a cause. Here is your "damning story".
It's not worth explaining, because she's not worth the effort. You'll just have to take our word for it that she needs to get the f*** off the top of the mountain, and deal with it. :)

Not to anyone in the WBB world who matters. Get outta here with that, it’s stuff like that that gets screenshotted, posted on Twitter, and confirms stereotypes about why black and queer kids shouldn’t play at Iowa.
I’m not sure why you lump not support trans issues with other things. I’m pro gay rights. Trans in sports is different. Trading an international arms dealer for an anti America American , just dumb

Not to anyone in the WBB world who matters. Get outta here with that, it’s stuff like that that gets screenshotted, posted on Twitter, and confirms stereotypes about why black and queer kids shouldn’t play at Iowa.
So we have to blindly support someone who broke the law because they are black, gay, trans, or whatever? That how it works these days?

Nah. I don't roll that way. You're probably right that this would get me "screenshotted" with today's mentality, but at least I can live with myself. The criteria I just posted above is not how I evaluate people. Rather, by their actions.

So we have to blindly support someone who broke the law because they are black, gay, trans, or whatever? That how it works these days?

Nah. I don't roll that way. You're probably right that this would get me "screenshotted" with today's mentality, but at least I can live with myself. The criteria I just posted above is not how I evaluate people. Rather, by their actions.
I evaluate people based on how well they're helping Iowa win a national championship.........or not.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Per "the Spun" The sports world was feeling bad for Iowa Hawkeyes star Caitlin Clark this week.

Clark is coming off a national title game loss to LSU. Now, the LSU Tigers have reloaded for another championship run.

LSU is already bringing back star forward Angel Reese. Now, the Tigers have landed All-American transfer Hailey Van Lith from Louisville.
Barring a late portal addition at the 5 spot, Iowa will be hard pressed to be favored in a loaded B1G next season.

Everybody forgets about UConn. If Bueckers is back and healthy...look out.

I’m not sure why you lump not support trans issues with other things. I’m pro gay rights. Trans in sports is different. Trading an international arms dealer for an anti America American , just dumb
Who is trans here? Lmaao idiot.

You’re acting like she smuggled cocaine. She had hash oil for personal use. This is something playing out all across the US (and now the world) — weed is being decriminalized in no small part bc of social justice issues. I can walk to three different dispensaries from my house, the world is changing. This was a political stunt, for political purposes, orchestrated by a dog backed in corner, bc of who she is and what she represents. Griner was basically a POW, the hash oil (if she even put it there) was just a convenience.

In any case, black and queer coaches and players (and Allies) support Britney Griner. She is one of them. She is an icon. A national champion, a WNBA star. A role model. A beloved member of the community. If you can’t see that, you have very rly little in common with the WBB community and/or know nothing about its history.

You may not care if you’re comments get screenshotted but those of us who care about recruiting and changing this programs reputation do.

Last edited:

You’re acting like she smuggled cocaine. She had hash oil for personal use. This is something playing out all across the US (and now the world) — weed is being decriminalized in no small part bc of social justice issues. I can walk to three different dispensaries from my house, the world is changing. This was a political stunt, for political purposes, orchestrated by a dog backed in corner, bc of who she is and what she represents. Griner was basically a POW, the hash oil (if she even put it there) was just a convenience.

In any case, black and queer coaches and players (and Allies) support Britney Griner. She is one of them. She is an icon. A national champion, a WNBA star. A role model. A beloved member of the community. If you can’t see that, you have very rly little in common with the WBB community and/or know nothing about its history.

You may not care if you’re comments get screenshotted but those of us who care about recruiting and changing this programs reputation do.
She’s pro trans, and you said queer kids. I’m pro gay and pro not trading arms dealers for Americans who despise our nation

She’s pro trans, and you said queer kids. I’m pro gay and pro not trading arms dealers for Americans who despise our nation
I don’t give a shit whether you’re pro or anti anyone or who hates or loves this country, I care about this programs reputation and recruiting.

Barring a late portal addition at the 5 spot, Iowa will be hard pressed to be favored in a loaded B1G next season.

Yeah well then I saw we convince a Center to come here anyway so we don't have to watch LSU win another national championship.

P.S. UConn was literally the odds on favorite to win the title before Van Lith officially flipped to LSU, and Morrow became heavily rumored to be transferring there as well.

I don’t give a shit whether you’re pro or anti anyone or who hates or loves this country, I care about this programs reputation and recruiting.
Then make them bring in a tall 5 that can rebound and play defense against the best teams in the country, so we can win a national championship, seeing as how you care so much................ :D

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Yup. If UConn doesn’t have all of their stars injured like this year they will easily slice through and win the championship. No one has a roster like they do, even LSU.

All true by the way, BUT, (in all caps) you have to know the playing field. If your in Russia, then Nyet. Their laws are whatever the Hell they want them to be at the moment under Putin, and grabbing an American (celebrity to some degree) was like a Christmas present for the Russkies.

Just like this season, next season people will tune in to see Caitlin, not LSU. She IS Women's Basketball. The Bayou Bimbo is going to have to take the L on that one.

Reactions: Whinny and DewHawk
Of our 3 most important players, only 1 is coming back. Stuelke can really play, but she is a 4. O’Grady is just too soft to be a dominant center. We are 1 big short of being Top 10 material. We are a big AND a really quick slasher short of contending for a title. Just IMHO. Caitlin needs help on the boards and a second option who can create her own shot.

Of our 3 most important players, only 1 is coming back. Stuelke can really play, but she is a 4. O’Grady is just too soft to be a dominant center. We are 1 big short of being Top 10 material. We are a big AND a really quick slasher short of contending for a title. Just IMHO. Caitlin needs help on the boards and a second option who can create her own shot.
And Iowa got nothing........because nobody outside of Iowa wants to see us become a national power with Caitlin Clark.

How f***ing sad is that.

Broke:

Of our 3 most important players, only 1 is coming back. Stuelke can really play, but she is a 4.

Woke:

Of our 10 best players, we are only losing the two with the lowest ceiling and biggest defensive liabilities.

Bespoke:

I don’t rly buy that Hannah is better 4 than a 5. If she develops a 3 pt shot I might change my mind but til then, I think she’s more likely to be the next Naz Hillmon than Nalyssa Smith or Angel Reese.

Last edited:
Broke:

Woke:

Of our 10 best players, we are only losing the two with the lowest ceiling and biggest defensive liabilities.

Bespoke:

I don’t rly buy that Hannah is better 4 than a 5. If she develops a 3 pt shot I might change my mind but til then, I think she’s more likely to be the next Naz Hillmon than Nalyssa Smith or Angel Reese.
Hannah doesn't have to develop a 3-pt shot to become the next Angel Reese. Why? Because Reese doesn't have anything resembling a 3-pt shot. Reese made a grand total of ONE 3-pointer all of last season! Put in perspective, that's 139 less than CC.

Hannah doesn't have to develop a 3-pt shot to become the next Angel Reese. Why? Because Reese doesn't have anything resembling a 3-pt shot. Reese made a grand total of ONE 3-pointer all of last season! Put in perspective, that's 139 less than CC.
Missing the point. Hannah doesn’t rly have a midrange / jump shot of any kind and can’t seem to drive to the bucket without fouling or traveling.

Again, if she addresses any of those issues, I might change my mind. I just dont see that being the path of least resistance for her when she is already shooting over 60% in the low post and Bluder herself has compared her to Naz Hillmon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT