ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz does not have to change anything but I don't have to watch!

mpfeiler

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2006
I live in Chicago area. I grew up on a dairy farm in Eastern Iowa. The Hawkeyes were everything to me and my family. And for me they still are! My whole family went to Iowa. I have six nieces and nephews at Iowa right now. Back then, we listened Ron Gonder on WMT 600 AM radio for every Football and Basketball game. I lived thru HC(s) Lauterbur and Commings. Then, Iowa hired Hayden Fry and Lute Olson and everything changed. Those two coaches changed the culture and expectations of sports in Iowa City. It was exciting! We could not wait for game day! I have always been a big fan of Kirk Ferentz. KF clearly believes in system style management. He sticks to the plan and does not like to pivot or change. But this team clearly needs make a change. I have been the President of a company for more than a decade. It is hard to fire and/or demote anybody that you believe and gone to "Battle" with for years! Iowa needs a QB change! There are clear reasons for nepotism policies in organizations. To make a change with a family member...Oh MY! We all have major blind-spots with our children. If you don't think so just go to any little baseball game or a kid's soccer match. Future STARS all of them! Little history for some of you younger Iowa fans. AD Bump Elliott went to Coach Lauterbur and told him to fire his DC. Lauterbur told Bump that only he could fire his coaches and he would not do it. Bump said that maybe correct but I have the power to fire you! That is how Lauterbur got fired. I don't want KF fired but the team needs a new OC. Maybe BF is a good coach. But every good manager has to know when a Team needs a NEW message and NEW voice. I am done with this team till Barta and KF start acting like responsible leaders. Go Hawks but I am done till Wrestling, Womens BB and Men's BB.

1vnyv8.jpg

I live in Chicago area. I grew up on a dairy farm in Eastern Iowa. The Hawkeyes were everything to me and my family. And for me they still are! My whole family went to Iowa. I have six nieces and nephews at Iowa right now. Back then, we listened Ron Gonder on WMT 600 AM radio for every Football and Basketball game. I lived thru HC(s) Lauterbur and Commings. Then, Iowa hired Hayden Fry and Lute Olson and everything changed. Those two coaches changed the culture and expectations of sports in Iowa City. It was exciting! We could not wait for game day! I have always been a big fan of Kirk Ferentz. KF clearly believes in system style management. He sticks to the plan and does not like to pivot or change. But this team clearly needs make a change. I have been the President of a company for more than a decade. It is hard to fire and/or demote anybody that you believe and gone to "Battle" with for years! Iowa needs a QB change! There are clear reasons for nepotism policies in organizations. To make a change with a family member...Oh MY! We all have major blind-spots with our children. If you don't think so just go to any little baseball game or a kid's soccer match. Future STARS all of them! Little history for some of you younger Iowa fans. AD Bump Elliott went to Coach Lauterbur and told him to fire his DC. Lauterbur told Bump that only he could fire his coaches and he would not do it. Bump said that maybe correct but I have the power to fire you! That is how Lauterbur got fired. I don't want KF fired but the team needs a new OC. Maybe BF is a good coach. But every good manager has to know when a Team needs a NEW message and NEW voice. I am done with this team till Barta and KF start acting like responsible leaders. Go Hawks but I

am done till Wrestling, Womens BB and Men's BB.
Well, don't watch then.

Reactions: pistachio1999
I live in Chicago area. I grew up on a dairy farm in Eastern Iowa. The Hawkeyes were everything to me and my family. And for me they still are! My whole family went to Iowa. I have six nieces and nephews at Iowa right now. Back then, we listened Ron Gonder on WMT 600 AM radio for every Football and Basketball game. I lived thru HC(s) Lauterbur and Commings. Then, Iowa hired Hayden Fry and Lute Olson and everything changed. Those two coaches changed the culture and expectations of sports in Iowa City. It was exciting! We could not wait for game day! I have always been a big fan of Kirk Ferentz. KF clearly believes in system style management. He sticks to the plan and does not like to pivot or change. But this team clearly needs make a change. I have been the President of a company for more than a decade. It is hard to fire and/or demote anybody that you believe and gone to "Battle" with for years! Iowa needs a QB change! There are clear reasons for nepotism policies in organizations. To make a change with a family member...Oh MY! We all have major blind-spots with our children. If you don't think so just go to any little baseball game or a kid's soccer match. Future STARS all of them! Little history for some of you younger Iowa fans. AD Bump Elliott went to Coach Lauterbur and told him to fire his DC. Lauterbur told Bump that only he could fire his coaches and he would not do it. Bump said that maybe correct but I have the power to fire you! That is how Lauterbur got fired. I don't want KF fired but the team needs a new OC. Maybe BF is a good coach. But every good manager has to know when a Team needs a NEW message and NEW voice. I am done with this team till Barta and KF start acting like responsible leaders. Go Hawks but I am done till Wrestling, Womens BB and Men's BB.

This was a good read. Thank you.

That was a lot....and all crammed into one continuous ramble. I got lost in that messy little short story....but I caught and comprehended that part of you being done with this team. Good for you. The team doesn't need fans that give up on them. Bitch all you want about the coaches, the AD, the scheme, the philosophy....but you aren't a fan if you give up on the team. I'm a farmer in eastern Iowa too....life long. You don't sound like you're from a farming family....you sound a bit more like a crybaby.

Lots of fans feel the same as you. We'll find out at the end of the season what changes will be made.
As fans we have no control over anything here. Fans not buying tickets right now will not do anything in the short term with all the tv money that comes in. Can't let a game control your emotions to the point of stress like some post here.

Agree, except for 1 thing ...

Mother, Father, Uncle, Aunt, brother, wife and I (no pics) and our 3 children went to Iowa. My grandfather was an associate Dean and got his PHD at Iowa. It's part of our DNA. Went to my first game in 1965.

I lived through Lauterbur, Commings, 20 non-winning seasons. Listened to Gonder and Mike Reilly. I loved it when they "passed in the songbooks" and talked about Son Jim, the Chinese linebacker.

So, after all that, how can you not watch Iowa Football? Yep, they aren't good, but we've seen worse. ;)

Bye

TL;DR but I'm assuming this is another one of those declarations that someone is not gonna watch/go to games until changes are made?

If so, OK...duly noted.

Animated GIF

LOL. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY.

Have you seen some NFL stadiums???? Attendance doesn't mean nearly as much when TV money is yuge and it is shared equally.
having our stands empty would be horrible. if we didn't have recruiting and had drafts/salary caps then it wouldn't matter nearly as much.

i'd also say a full, loud crowd is the BIGGEST home field advantage.

to think it's not important is ridiculous....

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Go. Don't go. Watch. Don't watch.

Spending any time on who is a "better" fan is about as pointless a time waster as it gets.

I may, or may not, watch some part of or all of the remaining games. I don't expect anyone else to give a sh!t about it.

Another look at me post. Good grief. Don’t watch, don’t announce it like you’re sitting on some golden throne.

I live in Chicago area. I grew up on a dairy farm in Eastern Iowa. The Hawkeyes were everything to me and my family. And for me they still are! My whole family went to Iowa. I have six nieces and nephews at Iowa right now. Back then, we listened Ron Gonder on WMT 600 AM radio for every Football and Basketball game. I lived thru HC(s) Lauterbur and Commings. Then, Iowa hired Hayden Fry and Lute Olson and everything changed. Those two coaches changed the culture and expectations of sports in Iowa City. It was exciting! We could not wait for game day! I have always been a big fan of Kirk Ferentz. KF clearly believes in system style management. He sticks to the plan and does not like to pivot or change. But this team clearly needs make a change. I have been the President of a company for more than a decade. It is hard to fire and/or demote anybody that you believe and gone to "Battle" with for years! Iowa needs a QB change! There are clear reasons for nepotism policies in organizations. To make a change with a family member...Oh MY! We all have major blind-spots with our children. If you don't think so just go to any little baseball game or a kid's soccer match. Future STARS all of them! Little history for some of you younger Iowa fans. AD Bump Elliott went to Coach Lauterbur and told him to fire his DC. Lauterbur told Bump that only he could fire his coaches and he would not do it. Bump said that maybe correct but I have the power to fire you! That is how Lauterbur got fired. I don't want KF fired but the team needs ais new OC. Maybe BF is a good coach. But every good manager has to know when a Team needs a NEW message and NEW voice. I am done with this team till Barta and KF start acting like responsible leaders. Go Hawks but I am done till Wrestling, Womens BB and Men's BB.
The problem with Ferentz is his priority of winning is not that important to him. His main priority is to surround himself with coaches he likes to be around, and his other problem he has not adapted to modern college football
offenses. Even Nick Saban had to realize he had to adapt, and Ferentz is not bright enough to realize he has failed to be an overall good coach which requires an offense. He is no Jeff Brohm

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
ADVERTISEMENT