ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz era over?

If it is it would have to be a total housecleaning of the entire staff too. That’s what hurts the most thinking of losing guys like Phil Parker who is just mixed up in the garbage.

old bob stoops ain’t doing anything these days :D
The next coach will be an appropriate hire.

Last edited:
Could be?
Let's be honest here. The only reason KF survives this is due to the decades of equity built up. He's given millions to the University and Hospital. He has been a tremendous public face with an impeccable image. That image is seriously tarnished. No one can believe he didn't have a clue that Doyle could tow the line if not cross it and when black kids are leaving by the droves maybe that was time to look into how to make talent from states not in the midwest more likely to stay. KF is complicit. I love KF and hate the thought that he very well might leave on a sour note. But KF had some fatal flaws that we all can see now. 1. Maybe too loyal to the point where Tom said Doyle 'very well might be his best friend' or something to that effect. Everyone knows how close they are. Doyle is responsible to not put KF in a bind. He failed him but maybe KF knew full well. KF should have enforced standards and been in the know. Family and friends in this environment can really breed entitlement.

I am torn. KF has done enough over the years to go out on his terms. If the piling on doesn't stop, I could see him saying 'I am 65 and have generational wealth. I will just take my money and enjoy it where I don't have to deal with all this BS.' If so, I hope Phil gets a chance to lead the program. But would PP be too much 'KF' to be considered (like that sentence would have been a flame a week ago)? I think at the least KF is reconsidering his retirement plans. You took away his ace in Doyle. He seems to despise some of the ways of generations today. He has been successful enough so what's the point of complaining but wins despite being rather archaic. Second, he is stubborn as hell. We win on defense and conservative offense that has cost us many close games. KF was always secure and essentially run a fiefdom. KF had a closed structure that many organizations could become toxic from. But we had KF and he always has been one of the most cherished Iowa figures and trusted. I want him to go out on a real high note. Hayden did not get that. KF one week ago was positioned for just that. Now I am not so sure. Based on how rocked he appears to be, I have a strong feeling if he coaches in 2020 that will be it.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here. The only reason KF survives this is due to the decades of equity built up. He's given millions to the University and Hospital. He has been a tremendous public face with an impeccable image. That image is seriously tarnished. No one can believe he didn't have a clue that Doyle could tow the line if not cross it and when black kids are leaving by the droves maybe that was time to look into how to make talent from states not in the midwest more likely to stay. KF is complicit. I love KF and hate the thought that he very well might leave on a sour note. But KF had some fatal flaws that we all can see now. 1. Maybe too loyal to the point where Tom said Doyle 'very well might be his best friend' or something to that effect. Everyone knows how close they are. Doyle is responsible to not put KF in a bind. He failed him but maybe KF knew full well. KF should have enforced standards and been in the know. Family and friends in this environment can really breed entitlement.

I am torn. KF has done enough over the years to go out on his terms. If the piling on doesn't stop, I could see him saying 'I am 65 and have generational wealth. I will just take my money and enjoy it where I don't have to deal with all this BS.' If so, I hope Phil gets a chance to lead the program. But would PP be too much 'KF' to be considered (like that sentence would have been a flame a week ago)? I think at the least KF is reconsidering his retirement plans. You took away his ace in Doyle. He seems to despise some of the ways of generations today. He has been successful enough so what's the point of complaining but wins despite being rather archaic. Second, he is stubborn as hell. We win on defense and conservative offense that has cost us many close games. KF was always secure and essentially run a fiefdom. KF had a closed structure that many organizations could become toxic from. But we had KF and he always has been one of the most cherished Iowa figures and trusted. I want him to go out on a real high note. Hayden did not get that. KF one week ago was positioned for just that. Now I am not so sure. Based on how rocked he appears to be, I have a strong feeling if he coaches in 2020 that will be it.
The only people who want Kirk gone or who think his image has been tarnished are "woke" white people who have spent too much time in sociology classrooms. Almost all of the players who have spoken up have declared that they have the utmost respect for Ferentz and don't want him fired. If you really cared about these young men you would be taking that into account. Grow up.

I’ve been critical of KF and a lot of his coaching techniques but in no way do I want him to lose his job. Unless anything more damaging comes out pointing directly at him, I think he’s safe.

The only people who want Kirk gone or who think his image has been tarnished are "woke" white people who have spent too much time in sociology classrooms. Almost all of the players who have spoken up have declared that they have the utmost respect for Ferentz and don't want him fired. If you really cared about these young men you would be taking that into account. Grow up.
I am not a liberal. You missed the mark. KF is very likeable. Still, you are kidding yourself if you don't think getting canned would be the most likely outcome if this was anyone anywhere else. KF has equity built up (you're proving that) and most of us (big majority) don't want him to go out anyway else than with a very high note. I hate what happed to him. This is a movement that is steamrolling the old way of doing things. It has nothing to do with what I want or how I feel. It is reality. It has nothing to do with 'growing up' on my part. If KF has a permanent stain that will always be used against him/us, then parting now is the best option. That does not mean I want that to happen. Hope you can understand that.

I am not a liberal. You missed the mark. KF is very likeable. Still, you are kidding yourself if you don't think getting canned would be the most likely outcome if this was anyone anywhere else. KF has equity built up (you're proving that) and most of us (big majority) don't want him to go out anyway else than with a very high note. I hate what happed to him. This is a movement that is steamrolling the old way of doing things. It has nothing to do with what I want or how I feel. It is reality. It has nothing to do with 'growing up' on my part. If KF has a permanent stain that will always be used against him/us, then parting now is the best option. That does not mean I want that to happen. Hope you can understand that.

I think there would be a lot of butthurt from the usual snowflake conservatives if they knew Kirk has been a registered Democrat.

It would be funny to read the usual array of mental midgets on here calling Kirk a "libtard." :D:D:D:eek:

If it is it would have to be a total housecleaning of the entire staff too. That’s what hurts the most thinking of losing guys like Phil Parker who is just mixed up in the garbage.

Go get Chris klieman Kansas state coach. Former North Dakota St coach.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Hard to imagine a coach being pushed out or wanting to leave just pick up a commitment.

He's not going anywhere, nor should he.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I am starting to not care. Maybe just shutting the program down for 5 years would be the best answer. Honestly, after Merriweathers rant my Hawkeye gear is going to goodwill.
Wow how sad it must be to have an attitude like yours. How many players have gone through the Iowa program in the last 21 years. no one's condoning what may or may not have happened but a knee-jerk reaction like yours is so typical of what today's society wants. They want instant Justice and no due process. I'd like to see due process. If you don't want your Hawkeye gear I'll be happy to take it. Proud to be a Hawkeye fan cry too proud to be from Iowa. And by the way in regards to James Daniels comments about the state of Iowa if I had lived there for 22 years. And still today my fellow friends and fans idolize Iowa players. Even though we complain from time to time about performance or attitude. We've always adored are Hawkeyes.

Go get Chris klieman Kansas state coach. Former North Dakota St coach.

I have been researching him a bit tonite, and I could not agree with you more. Native Iowan, outstanding track record, still good years ahead of him. Agree 200%.

So exactly what black kids are leaving by the droves? 95% of the statements are by guys long gone, and many of those have been shown to be little more then hurt feelings. The current and future Hawks seem unified, and don't see some mass call by them for his ouster. How's about we wait for the sky to actually fall, before we cover our heads?

Reactions: littlez

So exactly what black kids are leaving by the droves? 95% of the statements are by guys long gone, and many of those have been shown to be little more then hurt feelings. The current and future Hawks seem unified, and don't see some mass call by them for his ouster. How's about we wait for the sky to actually fall, before we cover our heads?

I have been researching him a bit tonite, and I could not agree with you more. Native Iowan, outstanding track record, still good years ahead of him. Agree 200%.
Thanks I researched him too. I think he would make a great head coach for us.

If anything were to happen with KF, I believe Bob Stoops is Barta’s first call.

The main reason I believe Bob Stoops actually says yes is that he does appear to still have a desire to coach. He was going to be coaching in the XFL for heaven’s sake. And Stoops still really loves Iowa.

I think he would return, or at least give it very serious consideration, with the understanding that it may only be for a few years to keep to save/keep the program afloat.

Not saying it would happen, but I can see it happening if KF were to go.

You all realize that sports programs at universities aren’t actually there for the fans, right?
That may have been true before it became a billion dollar industry, but you’re kidding yourself if you think it’s not about getting those hard earned dollars from every fans pocket.

If anything were to happen with KF, I believe Bob Stoops is Barta’s first call.

The main reason I believe Bob Stoops actually says yes is that he does appear to still have a desire to coach. He was going to be coaching in the XFL for heaven’s sake. And Stoops still really loves Iowa.

I think he would return, or at least give it very serious consideration, with the understanding that it may only be for a few years to keep to save/keep the program afloat.

Not saying it would happen, but I can see it happening if KF were to go.

I really like this idea too, if it does come to pass that Kirk leaves. only thing is it would be obviously not for too many years, and there is NO guarantee that he could pick the right successor (Tom Osborne was pretty good coach too, but he didn't do so well picking his successor(s), plural, did he?)

for that reason, I woould prefer Klieman (he's younger),but I think if we could get Bob Stoops, that would at least give us hope for the fture.

I think he’ll survive this and then retire at the end of the season. No inside info but it’s my feeling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT