ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz Postgame Interesting Comment

hollahawk

HB MVP
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
This was a really good post game press conference, one thing that stood out to me with all the talk of who should start at QB and a little bit of the Goodson should stay because he has been tackled for loss to much stuff. Kirk basically said that people shouldn't evaluate Spencer to harshly on the beginning of this year because of the "problems" they were working through. In other words Kirk is saying that the line was not playing well. He doesn't usually talk about a particular unit too harshly and he tried hard to be polite about it, but he said it which perked my ears. I see talk about how bad the line has been at times on this board, but that doesn't factor in many on this boards evaluation of the players playing behind that line. The fact that Goodson has 1000 yards behind this line is really a miracle.

Just a note, but the loss of Mark Kallenberger was huge this year. If he is back and Shooter doesn't get hurt I think the offense plays at a different level. Add Ince getting hurt and Britt being dinged up a bit and this was a recipe for disaster. 10 wins is a miracle this year with this line. Shooter getting healthy at the end here has been a huge boost. As much as TL destroys people, Shooter has been a big boost adding to that. Another month of practice and this line will just continue to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News