ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz's good teams had SUPERIOR TALENT

Originally posted by bagdropper:

There's no sense in arguing with you because your mind is already closed off. You've rubber-stamped Kirk Ferentz already. 1) Your poster name, "That's Football" - tells us all exactly where you stand.

You cannot see past your hatred to reasonably debate any and all subjects. 2) Only a complete fool would assume that in these visits, evaluating talent never comes up. Are you seriously that dense? That not a single solitary visiting coach never asked..."gee, Kirk. How did you find Dallas Clark? How did you find Bob Sanders? How did you project their talents they showed us all in high school into possibly being the players they wound up being for your program, and how did you develop them into that?"

Yep...nobody EVER asked those questions. "Hey Kirk, diagram the zone blocking scheme for me please." That's all he was ever asked.
1) I hope so, didn't really think it was all that subtle for most people.

2) And only a fool would actually think our coaching staff is stupid enough to tell competing programs precisely how they evaluate talent. I might show someone from a different company how my office operates, but I sure as hell don't let them sit in on board meetings. JFC, is this line of thought real for you? Do you also think Pat Fitzgerald sits down with Kirk in his office and they go through a copy of our playbook with a glass of Makers?

3) Lastly, if it is obvious that other schools have in fact learned Kirks secrets to recruiting, please do tell some of the programs you suspect are now using said knowledge to find players like Dallas Clark and therefore we no longer get them. Should be pretty easy after looking back at your quote:
"Iowa isn't finding the diamonds in the rough in the amounts they used to because other teams researched how Iowa did things and emulated how they did this and are now taking them off our hands to some degree."
Even more funny you even alluded to this making our recruiting harder, like our coaches just didn't know that showing all these other competing programs exactly how we identify talent would limit their own success in getting said recruits.

Your thought process is just fascinating to me.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

There's no sense in arguing with you because your mind is already closed off. You've rubber-stamped Kirk Ferentz already. 1) Your poster name, "That's Football" - tells us all exactly where you stand.

You cannot see past your hatred to reasonably debate any and all subjects. 2) Only a complete fool would assume that in these visits, evaluating talent never comes up. Are you seriously that dense? That not a single solitary visiting coach never asked..."gee, Kirk. How did you find Dallas Clark? How did you find Bob Sanders? How did you project their talents they showed us all in high school into possibly being the players they wound up being for your program, and how did you develop them into that?"

Yep...nobody EVER asked those questions. "Hey Kirk, diagram the zone blocking scheme for me please." That's all he was ever asked.

2) And only a fool would actually think our coaching staff is stupid enough to tell competing programs precisely how they evaluate talent. I might show someone from a different company how MY office operates, but I sure as hell don't let them sit in on board meetings. JFC, is this line of thought real for you? Do you also think Pat Fitzgerald sits down with Kirk in his office and they go through a copy of our playbook with a glass of Makers?

3) Lastly, if it is obvious that other schools have in fact learned Kirks secrets to recruiting, please do tell some of the programs you suspect are now using said knowledge to find players like Dallas Clark and therefore we no longer get them. Should be pretty easy after looking back at your quote:
"Iowa isn't finding the diamonds in the rough in the amounts they used to because other teams researched how Iowa did things and emulated how they did this and are now taking them off our hands to some degree."
Even more funny you even alluded to this making our recruiting harder, like our coaches just didn't know that showing all these other competing programs exactly how we identify talent would limit their own success in getting said recruits.

Are there other companies that are interested in how the fry line at KFC operates? You can't count field trips from the local elementary.

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

2) And only a fool would actually think our coaching staff is stupid enough to tell competing programs precisely how they evaluate talent. I might show someone from a different company how MY office operates, but I sure as hell don't let them sit in on board meetings. JFC, is this line of thought real for you? Do you also think Pat Fitzgerald sits down with Kirk in his office and they go through a copy of our playbook with a glass of Makers?

Are there other companies that are interested in how the fry line at KFC operates? You can't count field trips from the local elementary.
Good work Matt, keep working to maintain your most worthless poster on HR status.

Good work Matt, keep working to maintain your most worthless poster on HR status.
You make it worthwhile for many of us, my friend. You're brilliant posts are a gift that keeps on giving!

You make it worthwhile for many of us, my friend. You're brilliant posts are a gift that keeps on giving!
Interesting that you didn't attempt to refute anything in either of my posts in the thread. Instead you tried to insinuate I work at a fast food chain.

That seems... odd.

Interesting that you didn't attempt to refute anything in either of my posts in the thread. Instead you tried to insinuate I work at a fast food chain.

That seems... odd.
Refute you? What purpose would that serve? You have never admitted you were wrong even in the face of irrefutable evidence. When you are proven wrong (which is most of the time), you, like a women, are quick to try to change the argument or start a new one to divert attention away from your imprudent utterances.
As your name and track record clearly implies, you are too narrow-minded and and cynical to participate in rational discourse. Mocking you is much better use of my time.

That seems... odd.
Refute you? What purpose would that serve? You have never admitted you were wrong even in the face of irrefutable evidence. When you are proven wrong (which is most of the time), you, like a women, are quick to try to change the argument or start a new one to divert attention away from your imprudent utterances.
As your name and track record clearly implies, you are too narrow-minded and and cynical to participate in rational discourse. Mocking you is much better use of my time.
laugh.r191677.gif
Love to see some examples of this.

One of the more recent examples I can think of that involves you would the thread you abandoned after claiming you didn't know who this Matt Foley guy was that everyone kept referring to you as. I then quoted a post from you (think it was one of your first five as Buddy) that mentions him by name. Also in that thread you proved how sad of a person you actually are by adamantly stating you were not the Foley poster, which now it appears you have come to terms with.

That seems... odd.
laugh.r191677.gif

One of the more recent examples I can think of that involves you would the thread you abandoned after claiming you didn't know who this Matt Foley guy was that everyone kept referring to you as. I then quoted a post from you (think it was one of your first five as Buddy) that mentions him by name. Also in that thread you proved how sad of a person you actually are by adamantly stating you were not the Foley poster, which now it appears you have come to terms with.
Your entire response is nothing but another diversion.
My previous response is not only my viewpoint. This has been pointed out to you by many intelligent and well spoken individuals. I will not waste my time anymore. But if you don't want to hear me call you out on your bs, I would suggest you put me on ignore.
Good day, my friend.

I sometimes wonder about Doyle being the big impact here. Doyle and maybe 5 other S & C guys were always being talked about for their cutting edge training programs back when he joined KF's staff. Doyle has always been touted as one of the best in the business. Did Iowa just get a jump on the competition as far as physicality and strength in the early years and the rest of college football caught up to Iowa and the other programs by mirroring what Iowa does? Makes me wonder if we had a huge developmental advantage back then which paid off on the field in the physicality of how tough our team was that were in the original first few years under KF and Doyle's direction. There were a lot of walk-on's and 2 stars on those teams. Just a theory on the development of players when we experienced some of our best success. Then take a look at the 2009 class their senior year. I think it was the highest rated group we ever had under KF as far as rankings go with that class coming out of HS. I think that was the class we recruited that had the talent and the early success may have been with Doyle being cutting edge in S & C and brought us to the time period of "bullies of the big 10". I just think the rest of the NCAA has caught up and leveled out the playing field.

That seems... odd.
laugh.r191677.gif

Your entire response is nothing but another diversion.
My previous response is not only my viewpoint. This has been pointed out to you by many intelligent and well spoken individuals. I will not waste my time anymore. But if you don't want to hear me call you out on your bs, I would suggest you put me on ignore.
Good day, my friend.
So... no examples then.

I'm disappointed Matt, but not surprised.

Maybe I will put you back on ignore. It is apparent that it will not matter, as you will change screen names again in about a week after you throw another "I'm done with this site and all of you" tantrum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT