ADVERTISEMENT

Fetuses

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
First off, I am a giant liberal and think this country is going down the primose path of poo. I also find most conservatives and MAGATS abhorrent and stupid and poorly, if at all, educated. I also believe, as an attorney, that the Supreme Court and for that matter the Iowa Supreme Court, is packed with homers and right wing zealot nutwads. So I anticipate even worse things to come and am planning appropriately. That being said, here's something.

Most of you have not seen a human fetus. Unless you are a doctor and came upon one, you just haven't. I have. Way back when, in the mid 1990's, they used to conduct abortions at UI Healthcare. One of my honors projects in those young buck days was to see how HIV-1 infected the central nervous system, aka brain and spinal cord. Just an FYI, this does happen and causes things like dementia in untreated AIDS patients. To get these cells, we had a guy who would get fetuses and remove said cells from them. I generally worked with purified cells but one day he had a bucket. He said, do you want to see what a fetus looks like? I said ok, half regretting that answer. And there they were. Ever see Space Odyssey or one of them movies? It's pretty much a 2 dimensional structure with dots for eyes and tiny limb like structures. To say that it didn't resemble a human would be totally incorrect and a lie. It did. But it also reminded me of aliens that Hollywood shows.

To tell you the truth, I felt very guilty using them but they were already dead and the data actually had great impact on the health of AIDS patients. However, if it was up to me, I would not use a fetus. Ever. That being said, this topic is so heavy that none of the jackoffs who call themselves justices should say one word to a woman who is making the biggest decision of her life.

Abortion isn't some willy nilly thing nor is it birth control. Women who abort, whether for medical emergency or otherwise, are impacted for life. Many of them have PTSD for life. This needn't be trifled with by a bunch of aholes who have no experience in mental health or human biology.

I say a special prayer to all the ladies who are pregnant who want or need a safe abortion. It is not an easy decision and I totally respect your choice. And to the supreme court a big f u.

A very sad day in America.

Interesting perspective, GOHOX.

You show empathy for both the fetus and the mother. Most pro-choicers wouldn't express the former. Good for you.

Seems odd then how strongly you condemn the anti-abortion position. It just gives a little more weight to many of the things you just said.

Interesting perspective, GOHOX.

You show empathy for both the fetus and the mother. Most pro-choicers wouldn't express the former. Good for you.

Seems odd then how strongly you condemn the anti-abortion position. It just gives a little more weight to many of the things you just said.

Lots of people find the idea of abortion ghastly in most scenarios. That's quite possibly a solid majority of Americans.

However, not all of them have trouble getting past their own feelings.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I'm against taking all life. I have quit many jobs that involved such scenarios. That being said, I am here to help the sick and dying and if the tissue is "waste" I will use it to help those who need that help. I am not a woman so I can never be in her place getting an abortion but I don't think that decision should be in the hands of anyone but that particular woman in her particular circumstances. Whatever that may be, it won't be easy to come to that decision.

First off, I am a giant liberal and think this country is going down the primose path of poo. I also find most conservatives and MAGATS abhorrent and stupid and poorly, if at all, educated. I also believe, as an attorney, that the Supreme Court and for that matter the Iowa Supreme Court, is packed with homers and right wing zealot nutwads. So I anticipate even worse things to come and am planning appropriately. That being said, here's something.

Most of you have not seen a human fetus. Unless you are a doctor and came upon one, you just haven't. I have. Way back when, in the mid 1990's, they used to conduct abortions at UI Healthcare. One of my honors projects in those young buck days was to see how HIV-1 infected the central nervous system, aka brain and spinal cord. Just an FYI, this does happen and causes things like dementia in untreated AIDS patients. To get these cells, we had a guy who would get fetuses and remove said cells from them. I generally worked with purified cells but one day he had a bucket. He said, do you want to see what a fetus looks like? I said ok, half regretting that answer. And there they were. Ever see Space Odyssey or one of them movies? It's pretty much a 2 dimensional structure with dots for eyes and tiny limb like structures. To say that it didn't resemble a human would be totally incorrect and a lie. It did. But it also reminded me of aliens that Hollywood shows.

To tell you the truth, I felt very guilty using them but they were already dead and the data actually had great impact on the health of AIDS patients. However, if it was up to me, I would not use a fetus. Ever. That being said, this topic is so heavy that none of the jackoffs who call themselves justices should say one word to a woman who is making the biggest decision of her life.

Abortion isn't some willy nilly thing nor is it birth control. Women who abort, whether for medical emergency or otherwise, are impacted for life. Many of them have PTSD for life. This needn't be trifled with by a bunch of aholes who have no experience in mental health or human biology.

I say a special prayer to all the ladies who are pregnant who want or need a safe abortion. It is not an easy decision and I totally respect your choice. And to the supreme court a big f u.

A very sad day in America.
I know two women (and I am sure there are more) that have had them. One was my ex-wife who was raped in college. As a devout Catholic, she consulted her family which I KNOW was a brutal experience and they ultimately arrived at the decision to abort. The other woman is one of my best friends who felt immense pressure because our work environment is/was not child friendly. She wanted to focus on her career and felt a child would derail that.

My ex-wife and I were not able to have children and she deals with societal/religious “guilt” every day thinking she is being punished. I lived it with her for 14 years and don’t wish it on anyone. Even though she and I still chat on occasion, I rarely bring up my kids because I don’t want to upset her. I still feel the pain she feels, the pain we shared.

My friend is still in her 30’s and I hope she realizes at some point that she works for a-holes that only care for themselves. It is amazing what people trapped in their work can rationalize at their own personal expense. I have done it far too many times.

All that said, I will not judge anyone and at the same time I am happy I have not had to be faced with such choices. One should not be forced to further live out a mistake or even worse, a tragedy.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT