ADVERTISEMENT

Fever legend Tamika Catchings takes issue with WNBA over Caitlin Clark 'cheap shot'

I don't think that many people have really defended the foul at all.

The player that did that has a history of violence. The biggest thing is that in a men's league there would have been suspensions handed down for that especially with the history of violence by the player.

I am surprised that the WNBA doesn't have it's officials trying to protect her like any other major pro sports league would do for their stars.

The player that did that has a history of violence. The biggest thing is that in a men's league there would have been suspensions handed down for that especially with the history of violence by the player.

I am surprised that the WNBA doesn't have it's officials trying to protect her like any other major pro sports league would do for their stars.
Agreed with everything you said here. But to be fair, I don't think the officials really try to protect anyone. I've been amazed at how bad the officials are in the WNBA. They are really really bad.

Boston, bless her, doesn't seem to carry it that way. Doesn't have that mentality. Mitchell appears to be all in for team Mitchell. Can't speak for the others.
I thought this same thing. Boston is a good player, but she's definitely not going to come up and be a part of any altercation going down on the floor. The team chemistry w/ the Fever is not great. My fiance no pics brought up a good point on Saturday after the foul on Caitlin. She said that if that had happened to Kate Martin, she would have a hard time believing none of the Aces players would immediately be right there in Chennedy's face, and I think she's right.

One of many reasons the Aces have a winning culture, and the Fever are on their way to a 3rd straight #1 pick in the next draft.

I thought this same thing. Boston is a good player, but she's definitely not going to come up and be a part of any altercation going down on the floor. The team chemistry w/ the Fever is not great. My fiance no pics brought up a good point on Saturday after the foul on Caitlin. She said that if that had happened to Kate Martin, she would have a hard time believing none of the Aces players would immediately be right there in Chennedy's face, and I think she's right.

One of many reasons the Aces have a winning culture, and the Fever are on their way to a 3rd straight #1 pick in the next draft.
To be fair to some extent, this is a difficult season for a young team to build chemistry thanks to the crammed schedule they’ve had to start with, with almost no time for for anything besides games and travel.

Reactions: TJ8869
To be fair to some extent, this is a difficult season for a young team to build chemistry thanks to the crammed schedule they’ve had to start with, with almost no time for for anything besides games and travel.
Oh I understand that. But they're currently at a point where they don't even defend each other when one gets leveled while the ball isn't even in play. That's beyond just a young team with a crammed schedule. IMO the coach has to go before the team will ever be able to succeed. Reminds me of the line from Remember the Titans, "Attitude reflects leadership"

What if CC just starts returning the fouls and hammers people, gets tossed from a couple games. I'd imagine ratings drop as soon as is out, don't think people would leave the arena but maybe, perhaps then something is really done by the WNBA.

Guess we are all racists now according to WP writer. And Clark too...

Clark’s fans are engaging in these bigoted narratives, but so are the alarmists who have nothing better to do than to ruin women’s basketball. It would be naive to think that Clark hasn’t noticed this messiness swirling on social media and in major news outlets. She’s a pro, she has agency. And power. She is not a minor, but rather an adult woman. And if this narrative that pits her against her Black peers makes her uncomfortable, then she needs to speak up and say so. Same goes for the Fever organization — as soon as those in charge are done using their platform to complain that their golden ticket is getting bruised up.

image.jpg

Clark’s fans are engaging in these bigoted narratives, but so are the alarmists who have nothing better to do than to ruin women’s basketball. It would be naive to think that Clark hasn’t noticed this messiness swirling on social media and in major news outlets. She’s a pro, she has agency. And power. She is not a minor, but rather an adult woman. And if this narrative that pits her against her Black peers makes her uncomfortable, then she needs to speak up and say so. Same goes for the Fever organization — as soon as those in charge are done using their platform to complain that their golden ticket is getting bruised up.

image.jpg

Candace Buckner is racist trash. No need to click that link.

Reactions: Roncuba55

image.jpg
Always the victim, never the victor.

Also in the men's league, the bench would have cleared to protect their teammate. Bless Boston, she was the only one to come over and offer help. As others of said, that's her way of showing support vs going after the other player. That's fine, but you also need someone who will go after the perp

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
This is about 2 or 3 days worth of overexposure away from becoming tedious, and a half day away from rappers arguing with each other.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Also in the men's league, the bench would have cleared to protect their teammate. Bless Boston, she was the only one to come over and offer help. As others of said, that's her way of showing support vs going after the other player. That's fine, but you also need someone who will go after the perp

That's a issue the team needs to deal with in house. I don't know if women's sports are maybe different in this way but in men's sports it's an expectation that your teammates would confront the person who did that. The fact that it didn't happen here means it's either different for women's sports or more than likely there are problems in Indiana's locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT