ADVERTISEMENT

Few Republicans Expected to Attend Ceremony Honoring Those Who Protected Democracy on January 6th

This would be much more powerful if it were all about those who acted to protect the capital and the people who worked in the capital rather than honoring people who weren't there (election workers, state officials...).

It has a strong political feel, so lack of Republican support isn't at all surprising.

Like criminals attending their own trial?????????

Reactions: artradley
Are you even responding to my post? What a huge leap...

I'll clarify ONCE.

I'm saying if you made a January 6 ceremony about those who protected the capital on Jan 6 (were actually there) it would have a much stronger unifying feel.

As is, it's just a continuation of the narrative that "democracy is at stake," and has very little to do with those who did something valuable on Jan 6. That gives it the feel of political theater.

Make no mistake, there was an organized, aggressive, and widespread attempt to thwart democracy at multiple points all across the country. Everyone who defended our democratic process from that movement - be it police at the capital or state workers refusing to invent votes for Trump - deserves recognition and applause. This includes many Republicans, including Mike Pence.

It is only “political” to the extent that defending democracy is somehow today considered a partisan topic.

A police man died at the capitol on Jan 6?
Do you like twisting yourself into a pretzel?

I guess here is another opportunity. Let's see what you do with it.

By using your logic, regarding the soldiers and sailors who were wounded during the Pearl Harbor attack but died day(s) later, their deaths had no meaning in the grand scheme of things. They did not die to protect our democracy.

I assume that you agree with that?

And by extension, those policemen and policewomen who may have died or suffered from their wounds obtained during the January 6th coup attempt in the following days also did so for nothing. They did not defend our democracy either. Right?

The rioters got in and left on their own. Who protected what? And...... a building is not a democracy
It was the most horrific insurrection in the history of the world. Thousands of brave cops fought to their deaths in order to ensure the transition from Fat Man to Forgetful Man. Truly awful day and a thousand times worse than 9/11.

It was the most horrific insurrection in the history of the world. Thousands of brave cops fought to their deaths in order to ensure the transition from Fat Man to Forgetful Man. Truly awful day and a thousand times worse than 9/11.

lOy5rfk.jpg

“Could I get you guys to walk out of this room, please?”

Now THAT’S how you put down the bloodiest, most vile insurrection since the Civil War. Well done, Barney Fife...hope you got a medal for saving the gubbament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT