ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone commit?

Fidone and Brecht would be the icing on the cake for swarm 2021 in the state of Iowa. Birky is correct, these are Iowa generated graphics.

June 19th is shaping up to be a huge recruiting weekend with all current commits, plus Davidkov, Parks, Brecht, Alt, Bruce, Llewellyn, and Johnson visiting. Feel good about our chances with all but Davidkov (Michigan) and Johnson (Nebraska), you never know though. Adding Fidone to the 19th weekend visitors list would be huge.

FWIW, I see Stephen's is visiting on the 12th. The staff really likes this young man. Hope he commits the weekend he is there.

Swarm 21 is shaping up to be one of the Hawk's best classes.

I thought I saw something on the Nebraska site yesterday where it appeared he congratulated Dickerson on his commitment to Minnesota. Seemed a bit counterintuitive, I think, that he would say something like that.

Feel good about our chances with all but Davidkov (Michigan) and Johnson (Nebraska), you never know though.

People in the know feel really good about both these guys. Harbaugh had a zoom call with Davidkov and J.J. McCarthy, their highly rated QB recruit and put the pressure on him to commit and he didn’t. And then Johnson and his family really love Iowa’s staff. Apparently KF and co were on his high school campus in Bellevue and his coach who’s a huge Nebraska homer remarked to Johnson’s dad that he understands the attraction to Iowa - that our staff is as professional as any he’s ever been around.

We’re in great shape. You’re absolutely correct that the class of ‘21 might be one of our best ;)

Last edited:
People in the know feel really good about both these guys. Harbaugh had a zoom call with Davidkov and their highly rated QB recruit and put the pressure on him to commit and he didn’t. And then Johnson and his family really love Iowa’s staff. Apparently KF and co were on his high school campus in Bellevue and his coach who’s a huge Nebraska homer remarked to Johnson’s dad that he understands the attraction to Iowa - that our staff is as professional as any he’s ever been around.

We’re in great shape. You’re absolutely correct that the class of ‘21 might be one of our best ;)

Great to hear all of this positive energy coming the Hawks way due to the hard work of KF and staff. I’d love to see the meltdown of the children of the corn if all these top recruits in their backyard go elsewhere.

I thought I saw something on the Nebraska site yesterday where it appeared he congratulated Dickerson on his commitment to Minnesota. Seemed a bit counterintuitive, I think, that he would say something like that.
Huskers are a program living in the past. And with the continual coaching carousel, the coach that recruits you likely won't be around by your junior year.

I understand how the fans hope for better days. Each time their HC gets canned, it builds hope that the next hire will be better. Unfortunately for Nebraska fans... they get worse.

With our improved WR talent I think you may see more one back sets with two TE's and three WR's or three TE's and two WR's. One TE can go in motion to block.
I can't ever remember Iowa lining up without a back in the game, and seriously doubt that will change in Kirk's tenure. Granted RBs get spread out the few times that the Hawks go 5 wide but do not ever remember 5 receivers in the game at one time.

I can't ever remember Iowa lining up without a back in the game, and seriously doubt that will change in Kirk's tenure. Granted RBs get spread out the few times that the Hawks go 5 wide but do not ever remember 5 receivers in the game at one time.

Would love to see more TE's on the field in the FB spot. loosely as an HBack. Realize TE's are typically taller than FB's but it just gives us more flexibility and match up advantages.

Yes, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Would love to see more TE's on the field in the FB spot. loosely as an HBack. Realize TE's are typically taller than FB's but it just gives us more flexibility and match up advantages.

Yes, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night.

Iowa already started doing this last year. Much fewer snaps with the FB on the field. That is a good thing. It's nice to have talk of 3-4 TE sets, but reality is not all the TE's will be great players. If 2 are, that's awesome. It's how good programs do it. Bring in a bunch of good guys. The best play, the others can wait their turn or move on.

I don't know where Fidone ends up, but for all the talk that he was a lock for Nebby and grew up a die hard fan...him not already committing would really concern me if I was a Husker fan.

The longer this goes... the more likely he doesn't go West.

And given they just lost Dickerson to RTB, there would be a hell of a meltdown.

I don't know where Fidone ends up, but for all the talk that he was a lock for Nebby and grew up a die hard fan...him not already committing would really concern me if I was a Husker fan.

Quite possibly. I'm sure he goes back and forth.

If Nebraska utilized tight ends like Iowa does, he probably would have committed already.

If your goal is to make a name for yourself so you can get noticed by NFL scouts, you pick Iowa. Right now, the only thing the Bug Eaters can offer is minimal competition for a starting spot and to be home for the holidays.

JFC's that's stupid;)

Right now, the only thing the Bug Eaters can offer is minimal competition for a starting spot and to be home for the holidays.

lKvgfEK.gif

Scuttlebutt on another site says Iowa may have slightly taken the edge in this battle.

Would especially hilarious after Minny plucked Dickerson out of their back yard last night.
how da fuq do they get a db with offers from lsu osu and iowa???? :confused:
kid nuts or already getting paid?

Iowa already started doing this last year. Much fewer snaps with the FB on the field. That is a good thing. It's nice to have talk of 3-4 TE sets, but reality is not all the TE's will be great players. If 2 are, that's awesome. It's how good programs do it. Bring in a bunch of good guys. The best play, the others can wait their turn or move on.
3-4? why not 5?

ism/tg wildcat?

Yes, but what i was suggesting, was specifically swapping out the FB for a true TE, who would line up and block just like a FB OR be even more of a weapon catching the ball in the flat or downfield (time permitting). Either way, if we have enough strong TE's - to your point, we did run a lot more one back sets with an extra tight end in a true H Back set, or even more 3 and 4 WR sets. We are moving in the right direction.

A bit off topic, but the Huskers losing Dickerson is a big deal given that promise to "lockdown" the 500 mile radius around Lincoln. I think there was lots of optimism when Frost arrived and he inherited a decent team.

But 5-19 in the first two years isn't going unnoticed by the high school talent in the Midwest. And at this stage... a bowl game in 2020 is far from guaranteed.

But hey...........THAT SELLOUT STREAK!

Fidone, come on down.

TF would be an awesome get. No doubt. But the Big Red pull will be tough. I don’t like Nebbie but there is little question they are a historic blue blood (not now I know) and the fans I know bleed Nebbie. So would be hard for a kid who grew up as a fan to not go regardless of the objective facts. I mean Nebbie may be a “has been” but that is better than for a example a “never was” (ISU).

A bit off topic, but the Huskers losing Dickerson is a big deal given that promise to "lockdown" the 500 mile radius around Lincoln. I think there was lots of optimism when Frost arrived and he inherited a decent team.

But 5-19 in the first two years isn't going unnoticed by the high school talent in the Midwest. And at this stage... a bowl game in 2020 is far from guaranteed.

But hey...........THAT SELLOUT STREAK!

Fidone, come on down.

Watts last year and Dickerson this year.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT