ADVERTISEMENT

Fidone's Official Visits

TJFant

HR All-State
Oct 1, 2019
Even though the ship has probably sailed with the young man, he is visiting LSU, Georgia, Michigan and Alabama per an article in the OWH today. It was a topic of discussion at golf this morning with 3 members of the inner circle of Lewis Central athletics. The response from 2 of the 3 were "he is a physical freak but lazy as hell" and the 3rd commented "good luck with him at tight end because he has never blocked anybody in his life." Just the initial thoughts of 3 people who have watched his career very closely over the past 3 years.

Even though the ship has probably sailed with the young man, he is visiting LSU, Georgia, Michigan and Alabama per an article in the OWH today. It was a topic of discussion at golf this morning with 3 members of the inner circle of Lewis Central athletics. The response from 2 of the 3 were "he is a physical freak but lazy as hell" and the 3rd commented "good luck with him at tight end because he has never blocked anybody in his life." Just the initial thoughts of 3 people who have watched his career very closely over the past 3 years.
Kind of mirrors some of the earlier comments about him. Reminds me a great deal of CJF, although he obviously did choose Iowa. Very highly rated coming in, huge players who supposed ran a 4.5 in high school. Probably wasn't accurate. Never seemed to want to work hard at his craft the first couple of years..

So, he's going to visit LSU, GA, UM and Bama. Why do you think the ship has sailed for the Hawks?

well, if my kid had a chance at at scholly from Iowa, Nebby, LSU, GA, UM and Bama, I would encourage him to take a hard look at LSU and Bama. Not sure i would mess with the others.

Reactions: badger-007
well, if my kid had a chance at at scholly from Iowa, Nebby, LSU, GA, UM and Bama, I would encourage him to take a hard look at LSU and Bama. Not sure i would mess with the others.
I’d send him to Iowa. Lol, at all of the other options. No way in hell would I want to live in those other towns or go to any of those lame-ass schools.

After all of these “allegations” it appears that Iowa might just have the only reputable coach of all of the schools listed above.

Reactions: desihawk

he is from Counciltucky, not much of value has made it out of there. Who was the red head tailback from a decade ago that ran for half a billion yards in hs? Ended up at uni and never blossomed. Hope he does well wherever he goes, but Nebraska, but whenever cb is in the picture I get leary.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
he is from Counciltucky, not much of value has made it out of there. Who was the red head tailback from a decade ago that ran for half a billion yards in hs? Ended up at uni and never blossomed. Hope he does well wherever he goes, but Nebraska, but whenever cb is in the picture I get leary.
Yep, Max Duggan sure sucked last year as the 2nd or 3rd best true freshman quarterback in the country. Logan Jones is just getting started at Iowa but you will be seeing #95 on the field a lot for Iowa over the next 4 years. If Fidone continues to buckle down he can do some amazing things with his wing span, speed, soft hands and quickness, and only has 50 offers. Then Hunter Deyo (junior to be) already has several P5 offers including Iowa. That is 4 studs from LC over 4 years who will be playing P5 football and all had/have Iowa offers. Other than possibly Dowling, ICW, Bettendorf I don't know of any other high school in Iowa in the past 30 years that can maybe make that claim.

Last edited:

What?? Why wouldn't a Top TE visit theeeee TE University in Iowa City?

signed, George Kittle
Noah Fant
TJ Hockenson

If he's as lazy as stated above we don't want him. The coaches wouldn't dare say anything to him to try and shape him up or he'll blame them for not making the NFL. Might as well go to Bama, sit on the bench but win a National Title ring while sitting:)

So a bunch of "adults" playing golf in the middle of the week (probably drinking cheap beer) talking about a HS kid being lazy.....

Austin Ebertowski—poor kid passed away a year or two ago.

It is tough to judge somebody like this. I heard the same thing about Hockensen. Unfortunately when an area produces a local superstar there will always be the ones that hate. Not saying they aren't correct...it often comes off to me as jealousy and sadness that its not their kid.

Last edited:
The light bulb may very well have gone on in his head in the last 6 months. With his wing span, huge hands, speed and agility he truly is kind of a freak of nature. Because of that, he has probably never had to work very hard to be a dominant figure. Now that the Who's Who of college football have noticed and offered, he may very well be taking things very seriously for the first time. I understand that he has been working with a personal trainer and has worked out with Max Duggan a lot since the pandemic shut things down honing his skills. The sky may very well be the limit if he continues to put in the time and effort.

Yeah, but Iowa is better than those other schools and therefore he should go to Iowa so that we can win a national championship.

You're welcome.

I would love to have either Fidone's or Helm's commitment. You never know if what you hear is true through the grapevine, but I just get more excited about Helm from the grapevine information. I also think Fidone is going to waste the next 3 or 4 years of his life at Little Debbie State, so I have already mentally written him off. He's got all the facts and figures in front of him, so it's his call to follow his head or his heart, and the wrong decision can cost him millions down the road. LOL

Fidone mentioned that some of his top 5 weren't even recruiting him any more. Is Iowa one of those teams? Also, I'm assuming that it is likely both Yelverton and Lachey (spelling?) both RS this year, has anyone heard differently?

Fidone mentioned that some of his top 5 weren't even recruiting him any more. Is Iowa one of those teams? Also, I'm assuming that it is likely both Yelverton and Lachey (spelling?) both RS this year, has anyone heard differently?
I would not be surprised if Iowa has moved on from Fidone based upon their recruitment of others. I also would not be surprised if Lachey ends up being # 2 or #3 by midseason like LaPorta last year.

I think the longer this plays out this could end up being like Pierschbacher who turned down his local team who grew up loving to play for a national powerhouse (sorry husker fans the 90s don’t count anymore) and have a shot a national title. I could see him landing at bama or LSU if he drags out his commitment till right before the first signing day or later.

Reactions: onionman1
I think the longer this plays out this could end up being like Pierschbacher who turned down his local team who grew up loving to play for a national powerhouse (sorry husker fans the 90s don’t count anymore) and have a shot a national title. I could see him landing at bama or LSU if he drags out his commitment till right before the first signing day or later.
I think he ends up at LSU when this is done.

Ya but will make for a great story at the ten year reunion! Till he has to tell them he works at Casey's.

I would not be surprised if Iowa has moved on from Fidone based upon their recruitment of others. I also would not be surprised if Lachey ends up being # 2 or #3 by midseason like LaPorta last year.
Agree here, hard not to see the crystal balls on this one. Wish the kid nothing but the best, always do for Iowa boys, no matter where they go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT