ADVERTISEMENT

Fight Back Against Liberal Oppression

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
A little red meat for our cons....

paulpetition.jpg

I want to know more. What are the details of this massive new government program they want to fund?

Why do both sides always have to take a good point and push it way over the edge to the point of ridiculousness? That's never going to change anyone's mind, and putting people on the defensive isn't going to encourage them to look reasonably at their own views to form an opinion.

I believe it to be true that Universities push toward the "liberal" side, and they shouldn't. They should not be pushing either side consistently, and truly giving students information from both sides and allowing them to decide.

So his point is reasonable, his delivery, like so many politicians on both sides, is pathetic.

Side note: When someone wants you to "keep an open mind," they just want you to agree with them.

Why do both sides always have to take a good point and push it way over the edge to the point of ridiculousness? That's never going to change anyone's mind, and putting people on the defensive isn't going to encourage them to look reasonably at their own views to form an opinion.

I believe it to be true that Universities push toward the "liberal" side, and they shouldn't. They should not be pushing either side consistently, and truly giving students information from both sides and allowing them to decide.

So his point is reasonable, his delivery, like so many politicians on both sides, is pathetic.

Side note: When someone wants you to "keep an open mind," they just want you to agree with them.

This kind of crap pushes the buttons of conservatives and helps with fundraising. That's the only point of it.

Reactions: naturalmwa
A little red meat for our cons....

paulpetition.jpg

The Joseph Stalin funded Koch empire is already on top of this. Gotta make them preach more top 1% serving philosophies rather than democratic liberal philosophies.

The Koch brothers’ influence on college campus is spreading

I guess Rand Paul doesn't think their efforts are enough... Or maybe he's afraid of what the Koch Brothers who's father Fred Koch built their empire with the help of Joseph Stalin after WW2 will actually have them change their philosophies to instead of what they show publicly as "conservative".

That's a pretty generic plan, bordering on saying absolutely nothing meaningful. I hope the rest of his positions are more fleshed out if he wants to garner more than the votes of fools.

Reactions: naturalmwa
The Joseph Stalin funded Koch empire is already on top of this. Gotta make them preach more top 1% serving philosophies rather than democratic liberal philosophies.

The Koch brothers’ influence on college campus is spreading

I guess Rand Paul doesn't think their efforts are enough... Or maybe he's afraid of what the Koch Brothers who's father Fred Koch built their empire with the help of Joseph Stalin after WW2 will actually have them change their philosophies to instead of what they show publicly as "conservative".

I have always wondered what their true agenda is. I'd like Michael Moore to dig into that topic so we could get some truth on the Koch's. They seem to be buying themselves a country, that's for sure. So I guess we might find out someday.

I have always wondered what their true agenda is. I'd like Michael Moore to dig into that topic so we could get some truth on the Koch's. They seem to be buying themselves a country, that's for sure. So I guess we might find out someday.

How can Michael Moore and truth be in the same sentence. He is as much a partisian idiot as anyone on either side.

I'm curious how you can save our students by stopping them from becoming students in the first place?

See, it's already balanced. No need for a federal take over compete with reeducation camps.
This is wrong, but it made me remember when Cartman wanted to send Kyle's cousin to camp to help him concentrate.

This is wrong, but it made me remember when Cartman wanted to send Kyle's cousin to camp to help him concentrate.
Sure, it's probably wrong, but until someone posts some details about that silly resolution we might as well have some fun. They are talking about a massive government program of organizing, training and support. Doesn't that plausibly sound like they are calling for turning universities into federal reeducation camps? I think we could sell that idea down in Texas.

Sure, it's probably wrong, but until someone posts some details about that silly resolution we might as well have some fun. They are talking about a massive government program of organizing, training and support. Doesn't that plausibly sound like they are calling for turning universities into federal reeducation camps? I think we could sell that idea down in Texas.
Um, where does it mention anything about gov't or being a gov't program? You are trying too hard. Just a simple google of "The Leadership Institute" would show you the organizing, training, support, is being done by the Leadership Institute, a non-profit organization.

Um, where does it mention anything about gov't or being a gov't program? You are trying too hard. Just a simple google of "The Leadership Institute" would show you the organizing, training, support, is being done by the Leadership Institute, a non-profit organization.
Oh maybe because they are talking about a massive program to reorganize state run schools with the backing of politicians. That can't be done by some non-profit without government help and with government help it sounds like a back door way to pay off contributors with tax money. But you might note, I did ask for details. In their absence, its most fun to imagine them as horrific as possible. You're not trying hard enough, the burden isn't on the critic, but the advocate to make the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT