ADVERTISEMENT

Filip Rebraca

skydog0784

HR All-American
Sep 11, 2013
Let’s spin up a thread centered on Rebraca (at least I didn’t see one)...

Looks like a skilled, experienced (albeit at a lower level) big with a multi dimensional game. His game seems to align well with Iowa’s free flowing offense. He looks good in the few videos I’ve seen.

Iowa has a very real chance to land him I think based on the three criteria he outlines (academics, program success including chance to go to the NCAA tourney, and a team that will develop his perimeter skills more). He seems to usually reference Iowa first which tends to be a good sign I believe.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...-Tech-Iowa-Minnesota-Filip-Rebraca-163856951/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...sit-iowa-hawkeyes-ncaa-basketball/7124361002/

Let’s spin up a thread centered on Rebraca (at least I didn’t see one)...

Looks like a skilled, experienced (albeit at a lower level) big with a multi dimensional game. His game seems to align well with Iowa’s free flowing offense. He looks good in the few videos I’ve seen.

Iowa has a very real chance to land him I think based on the three criteria he outlines (academics, program success including chance to go to the NCAA tourney, and a team that will develop his perimeter skills more). He seems to usually reference Iowa first which tends to be a good sign I believe.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...-Tech-Iowa-Minnesota-Filip-Rebraca-163856951/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...sit-iowa-hawkeyes-ncaa-basketball/7124361002/
I think Rebraca would check some boxes for the Hawks. Not really the wide body, banger type of post player I hope for, but looks quite skilled. Reminds me a bit of Aaron White.

I started a post on Rebraca last week and it got taken down for some reason. Anyway, I looked at some of his stats vs some teams many of us have seen and some notables were his scoring 23 vs Minnesota and 24 vs Oral Roberts. Pretty impressive. And I think I saw he's a 1000 point scorer in just 3 seasons.

I started a post on Rebraca last week and it got taken down for some reason. Anyway, I looked at some of his stats vs some teams many of us have seen and some notables were his scoring 23 vs Minnesota and 24 vs Oral Roberts. Pretty impressive. And I think I saw he's a 1000 point scorer in just 3 seasons.
I like him. Heights and weights should be taken with a grain of salt, in my opinion.

I would disagree, but reasonable people can have differing opinions. The biggest thing would be whether he can competently guard a 6-9, 6-10-ish post player. On offense, Fran could go with 5 out if Iowa has the right skill set.
I agree, the defensive prowess Keegan has shown gives me optimism that with another 6'8" (or so) athletic player on the floor, Iowa "should" be able to manage the post position on the defensive end reasonably well.

Klug Stumpey from Saskatchewan is a name to watch. A bulky 6'4" Post with a bad attitude, he makes Wisconsin's Davison look like a choir boy. This 345 lber rules the lane and allows no layups or dunks when he is in the game. Best attribute is as a screener. Biggest ? right now is fouling. He uses all 5 fouls in nearly every game he has played. Averages 12 minutes per contest. he is a tenacious rebounder and often his block outs send opponents flying. Only player I have seen who intentionally misses every free throw as he rebounds 50% of his misses. This physical behemoth is a grad transfer from D II Saskatoon Tech. Definitely someone you can build a program around. Don't worry that he cannot touch the net as he clears the lane with ease. His team was actually censured last season as he broke the ribs of three opposing players and sent one lad to the hospital when Stumpey gave him an elbow to the back on a layup attempt. A gregarious fellow, Klug loves to hunt and fish and has a great love for the outdoors.

Klug Stumpey from Saskatchewan is a name to watch. A bulky 6'4" Post with a bad attitude, he makes Wisconsin's Davison look like a choir boy. This 345 lber rules the lane and allows no layups or dunks when he is in the game. Best attribute is as a screener. Biggest ? right now is fouling. He uses all 5 fouls in nearly every game he has played. Averages 12 minutes per contest. he is a tenacious rebounder and often his block outs send opponents flying. Only player I have seen who intentionally misses every free throw as he rebounds 50% of his misses. This physical behemoth is a grad transfer from D II Saskatoon Tech. Definitely someone you can build a program around. Don't worry that he cannot touch the net as he clears the lane with ease. His team was actually censured last season as he broke the ribs of three opposing players and sent one lad to the hospital when Stumpey gave him an elbow to the back on a layup attempt. A gregarious fellow, Klug loves to hunt and fish and has a great love for the outdoors.
tenor.gif

I would disagree, but reasonable people can have differing opinions. The biggest thing would be whether he can competently guard a 6-9, 6-10-ish post player. On offense, Fran could go with 5 out if Iowa has the right skill set.
I'm in total agreement w/Dodger here. The game is about mismatches today, as evidenced by our beatdown against Oregon. Luka was great on offense but he couldn't guard me, especially in the pick and roll. Luka was a once in a generation player. If this guy has interest, we could certainly use him for 22-25 minutes for just all around versatility. Especially if he can get up and down the floor and create mismatches for the other team defensively. We all know Fran doesn't really value defense, so why not just try to make yourself better offensively?

I agree, the defensive prowess Keegan has shown gives me optimism that with another 6'8" (or so) athletic player on the floor, Iowa "should" be able to manage the post position on the defensive end reasonably well.
Between both Murrays and Patrick Iowa has 3 of those 6'8 athletic tweeners.

Filip would need to play the 5 to see minutes IMO.

Wouldn't that fall under the definition of playing the 5?

I wasn't referring to offense.

We will struggle against big athletic 5's and even some 4's. Against the bigger bodies, Josh O will have to utilize his size and his fouls. I just dont see the freshman making much of an impact, as he needs to add some weight.

The good news is that we can go a little smaller against many teams. Keegan is more of a 3/4 but can play some small "5" with his length and quickness. Others will have to help with rebounding.

There just aren’t many teams in the entire country that have big athletic 5’s. If so they play a year and go to the pros. Yes, the B1G had and will still have some big Centers. In 9 out of 10 scenarios you can play with a 6-8 guy at Center if your team is versatile enough.

We will struggle against big athletic 5's and even some 4's. Against the bigger bodies, Josh O will have to utilize his size and his fouls. I just dont see the freshman making much of an impact, as he needs to add some weight.

The good news is that we can go a little smaller against many teams. Keegan is more of a 3/4 but can play some small "5" with his length and quickness. Others will have to help with rebounding.
Luka struggled against big, athletic 5s and he was NPOY.

Wooden once said, I'll take the quick player over the big player....the quick one gets there first.
I don't remember Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton being short or quick, but UCLA sure won a shitload of games with them. Guess he made that comment after they were gone..........

Reactions: hooper56
I don't remember Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton being short or quick, but UCLA sure won a shitload of games with them. Guess he made that comment after they were gone..........
The 63-64 UCLA team started two 6'5" post players with three 6'1" to 6'3" players. They finished 30-0 as national champs.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer

1. "Short" was nowhere in the quote
2. Walton was exceptionally quick for his size
3. Absolutes are for fools...anybody would take a talent like Alcindor given the opportunity. He too...was uniquely agile for his size.

Reactions: SSG T
1. "Short" was nowhere in the quote
2. Walton was exceptionally quick for his size
3. Absolutes are for fools...anybody would take a talent like Alcindor given the opportunity. He too...was uniquely agile for his size.

Even into his mid 30s, Kareem was freakishly athletic for the era and position. He wouldn't compare to Giannis, but not many are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT