ADVERTISEMENT

Final July Live Period

See Eldridge watching Power on the live stream. Mike Brey, Jim Boeheim, Sean Miller and a couple Indiana assistants are the ones I can make out. Light crowd.

Edit: Hubert Davis and an assistant walked in at halftime.

Last edited:
Reactions: skydog0784
'24 kid from Wisconsin. He'll have offers from most of the Big Ten by next summer would be my guess. Already has Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Notre Dame, and Marquette just to name a few.

Iowa offered Kon on July 9, 2021. We will be in need of a SG.

As we know, getting a kid to visit is huge. Well, Kon unofficially visited Sep 18, 2021 (Kent State game).

And, sure, he's a Wisconsin kid, but Greg Gard has some issues. ;)

Reactions: HawkHoops80

Gatens watching Estrella again.
Should we read anything into the fact that McCaffery was watching Sandfort and sent Asst. Coach Gatens to watch Estrella? I think it is imperative that we convince Pryce to stay home, but JP might be a bit of a long shot with Duke involved. I guess a lot will be determined on his visit to IC next week.

Should we read anything into the fact that McCaffery was watching Sandfort and sent Asst. Coach Gatens to watch Estrella? I think it is imperative that we convince Pryce to stay home, but JP might be a bit of a long shot with Duke involved. I guess a lot will be determined on his visit to IC next week.
Pryce is playing hard to get and keeps telling some national reporters he's hearing from Texas and Virginia and may be interested in visiting those. He's far from a lock which unfortunately means we need to have a presence at all his games to try to show he's a priority. My guess is Fran is in Chicago today or tomorrow to watch JP though--unfortunately with where the Adidas tournament is located, it makes these decisions hard because hopping back and forth doesn't make sense logistically.

Reactions: DanHawkPella
Asa Thomas thought he had a lot of leverage in his recruiting, too. Then he found himself in a position where he had to commit to a school whose coach is going to get fired after the season just to get a scholarship to a major conference program.

Unless you’re a Top 50 player, drawing out your recruiting is a dangerous game. What happens if a kid blows out his knee at this point?

Reactions: perryhawk
Asa Thomas thought he had a lot of leverage in his recruiting, too. Then he found himself in a position where he had to commit to a school whose coach is going to get fired after the season just to get a scholarship to a major conference program.

Unless you’re a Top 50 player, drawing out your recruiting is a dangerous game. What happens if a kid blows out his knee at this point?
Imagine if Josh D had done this?

Fran at Peach Jam today, watching TJ Power. Gym is packed. Brey and Hubert Davis are the only other coaches I recognize.

Reactions: BBHawk

Fran has moved over to NYRens 16U to watch Tyler Betsey.
Dylan Harper (Ron Jr's brother) also plays for the Rens and is likely a 5* recruit (hence Duke's involvement)

Reactions: perryhawk
Don't know how much I'll be able to post tomorrow, won't be stream jumping all day for sure.
Here's the list of games of note, all times central:
Nike Peach Jam:
1:00 U16 Championship--NYRens: Tyler Betsey
2:30 U17 Championship--Takeover: Deshawn Harris-Smith, Patrick Ngongba, Donnie Freeman

3SSB California:
3:25 U17 Championship--Mass Rivals: Andre Mills, Kur Teng
12:10 U17 Consolation-- D1 Minnesota: Pryce Sandfort
3:25 U16 Championship--Indy Elite: Cooper Koch, Raleigh Burgess, Travis Perry
12:10 U16 Consolation--D1 Minnesota: Isaac Asuma
3:25 U15 Championship-- D1 Minnesota: Jack McCaffery

Reactions: hooper56 and BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT