ADVERTISEMENT

Final X Stillwater starts at 12:30 CST today.

Zero comments on this?

Few highlights from the 15 matches:

Gilman looked impressive with a tech over Vito
Zain beat JO in a close match
Fix beats Gross 5-5 on criteria & I personally have some gripes with the calls
J’Den wins I think 6-2? Jackson hit him with I believe a strong blast double to go up 2-0 and was leading at the break
Snyder techs Moore 11-0 & looks great

Molinari had no answers for Velte & lost big
Burkert beat Jacarra but Winchester went for a winning TD at the buzzer and got it but it was just a hair after time had expired
Mensah wins by tech but her young opponent Ramirez looks game
I missed the other women matches

I don’t follow Greco too much so not much sticks with me to report but I noticed Grand View super senior Ben Provisor had an impressive win

Next session begins at 7 pm CST

Last edited:
Zero comments on this?

Few highlights from the 15 matches:

Gilman looked impressive with a tech over Vito
Zain beat JO in a close match
Fix beats Gross 5-5 on criteria & I personally have some gripes with the calls
J’Den wins I think 6-2? Jackson hit him with I believe a strong blast double to go up 2-0 and was leading at the break
Snyder techs Moore 11-0 & looks great

Molinari had no answers for Velte & lost big
Burkert beat Jacarra but Winchester went for a winning TD at the buzzer and got it but it was just a hair after time had expired
Mensah wins by tech but her young opponent Ramirez looks game
I missed the other women matches

I don’t follow Greco too much so not much sticks with me to report but I noticed Grand View super senior Ben Provisor had an impressive win

Next session begins at 7 pm CST
Most people were working while session 1 went down. Not the best time to schedule it imo.

Well, since some of these matches will go two out of three, they have to start somewhat early so the wrestlers have plenty of rest. Still could have started later and given guys plenty of rest or moved it to Saturday.

Last edited:
True. Hadn’t thought of that. I’m an elementary teacher on the East Coast & our school gets out pretty early, so I was able to catch most of it

Agree that it’s a weird & bad time to schedule and the next Final X day is even worse!

Shocking that PSU got a controversial challenge to go their way
You talking about the 2-2 in the Zain / Oliver match? I thought neither wrestler earned points. I guess the way they scored it was a push anyway. Oliver would have been stalled out internationally if he wrestled like that imo.

Oliver ended up on top though, right? Unless I’m misremembering. Wouldn’t he at least get a 2 takedown if nothing else? Or no? I’ve followed freestyle pretty close for a few years now but still not nearly as familiar with the rules in free as I am folk

Oliver ended up on top though, right? Unless I’m misremembering. Wouldn’t he at least get a 2 takedown if nothing else? Or no? I’ve followed freestyle pretty close for a few years now but still not nearly as familiar with the rules in free as I am folk
I would have to rewatch it, I was paying more attention to the exposure than anything, then they threw the brick. Lol
You could be right.

Last edited:
Was nice to see Gross win. Good for him.

That girl just landed on her head/neck after a nice shot. Immediately grabbed her neck. Hope she is ok

Reactions: Sett1997
Nice takedown from Molinari! Head wrap was a big distraction. Going to 3rd match

Zain wins by virtue of holding JO's leg in the air for an additional 10 seconds after going OOB
Ridiculous. JO had plenty of time left in the match to earn the win, but the ref making that particular call at any point in the match was trash.

Very surprising result. I feel Daton would've given us a better chance on the world stage, but Gross is both funky and savvy so anything is possible there. I'm not shedding any tears for Fix, that's for sure
I agree 100% Bitter sweet, I think Fix is the better choice for the world stage.
Who knows, Gross has battled and battled, had his ass handed to him many times.
Maybe this is his ephiny and he's found himself.
Let's hope so.
Obviously he has the skills.

Cox is so hard to score on.

Velte rag dolls Molinari in the the 3rd match.

Gross earned it for sure. Fix hasn’t been the same since he was given a time out.
He won a world gold after the timeout didn't he? Not being a wiseguy but wasn't that after? I'm not looking it up, been drinking ultras while watching. Lol

Reactions: Inthecircle
Cox is so hard to score on.

Velte rag dolls Molinari in the the 3rd match.
What was that, I don't follow the women's as much as I should? Was this expected?
I'm starting to get into the women a little more as I watch them.
No wise guy comments necessary after my post. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Trapper85
What was that, I don't follow the women's as much as I should? Was this expected?
I'm starting to get into the women a little more as I watch them.
No wise guy comments necessary after my post. Lol

someone might come along & correct me but, IMO I would say Molinari was slight favorite but it was definitely a toss up. IIRC they’ve wrestled a bit in the past and Velte owns several wins over Forest but Forest had won the past few meetings

Both former world bronze. So maybe a tiny upset but it’s always pretty much a toss up when they meet

Reactions: Sett1997
ADVERTISEMENT