ADVERTISEMENT

Fiorina - Is this true and does anyone care?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
12043581_475232805984601_696815540_o.jpg

Reactions: cigaretteman
Well, I know my stepfather refers to me as his son, so no problem with her considering a girl who was her stepdaughter for 24 years her daughter. This is typical BS that gets thrown out there in our current political environment.

I thought she was referring to a teenage daughter, but I wouldn't consider this a lie. It's not like candidates have enough time tell long detail stories during a debate.

I think her lie was claiming there is a video of PP saying to keep a fetus alive so they can harvest its brain.

I thought she was referring to a teenage daughter, but I wouldn't consider this a lie. It's not like candidates have enough time tell long detail stories during a debate.

I think her lie was claiming there is a video of PP saying to keep a fetus alive so they can harvest its brain.
She's sticking to that claim. That would be awfully dumb if she'd been wrong about it. Very easy to say she misspoke and she meant she saw a video in which they were talking about it. But I don't think the video that was released publicly actually shows the fetus in question.

She's sticking to that claim. That would be awfully dumb if she'd been wrong about it. Very easy to say she misspoke and she meant she saw a video in which they were talking about it. But I don't think the video that was released publicly actually shows the fetus in question.
I'm not following you. Are you saying there is a video of PP staff saying they need to keep a baby alive so they can harvest its brain?

Carly said this to Chris Wallace this morning:

“Do you acknowledge what every fact checker has found?” Fox News host Chris Wallace asked Fiorina Sunday. “As horrific as the scene is, it was only described on the video by someone who claimed to have seen it. There is not -- no actual footage of the incident you just mentioned.”

“No, I don’t accept that at all,” Fiorina responded. “I’ve seen the footage. And I find it amazing, actually, that all these supposed fact checkers in the mainstream media claim this doesn’t exist, they’re trying to attack the authenticity of the videotape, I haven’t found a lot of people in the mainstream media who has ever watched these things.”

“I mean, they will claim that somebody watched it for them,” she continued. “I will continue to dare anyone who wants to continue to fund Planned Parenthood, watch the videotapes. And anyone who wants to challenge me first is going to have to prove to me that they watched it.”

This is also true.

“Do you acknowledge what every fact checker has found?” Fox News host Chris Wallace asked Fiorina Sunday. “As horrific as the scene is, it was only described on the video by someone who claimed to have seen it. There is not -- no actual footage of the incident you just mentioned.”

“No, I don’t accept that at all,” Fiorina responded. “I’ve seen the footage. And I find it amazing, actually, that all these supposed fact checkers in the mainstream media claim this doesn’t exist, they’re trying to attack the authenticity of the videotape, I haven’t found a lot of people in the mainstream media who has ever watched these things.”

“I mean, they will claim that somebody watched it for them,” she continued. “I will continue to dare anyone who wants to continue to fund Planned Parenthood, watch the videotapes. And anyone who wants to challenge me first is going to have to prove to me that they watched it.”

Well . . . this could get interesting. She says she saw it. So it must exist. Or else she's really shot herself in the foot.

Which will it be? If there is no such video and if she flat-out lied about seeing it, does that sink her ship?

How many members of her team are hunting high and low for a video that she can claim to have seen? How many are currently fabricating one?

I have always been pleasantly surprised that Team Bush didn't plant WMD in Iraq. Showing at least some integrity. I don't expect Carly to show any, but who knows?

BTW there actually is some video out there with a reddish blob out of focus. I'll be pretty disappointed if that's what she ends up claiming she saw. She made a big deal about challenging people to watch the video and seeing the struggling fetus. So if the challenge was to watch a reddish blob that could be anything, it will be quite a letdown.

Hey, here's an idea. Maybe she can pay some pregnant woman enough that they can pull out her late-term fetus and butcher it on tape so they have a video to show. Or, I don't know, maybe a monkey or ape fetus. I mean who would be able to tell? She's a Republican, after all, so there are no restraints.

Has she provided the link to the video? This should be about the easiest thing in the world to prove if it does exist.

I'm finally getting interested enough that I would bother to look at the tape. It never occurred to me that it might be a total lie. I mean there's been so much talk about hours and hours of tape that either were or were not edited to deceive. How can it be even slightly hard to come up with what people have been screaming about for so long?

I didn't hear anybody on there saying to keep a baby alive so they can harvest the brain.
Yep. They pieced together some quotes and some pictures to create the story they wanted to push. I swear they got a picture of a pizza in there by mistake. Making me hungry.

I just watched the next video in sequence. Conversation with a "baby parts vendor." Actually fairly interesting. Doesn't look edited. And not disturbing unless you are predisposed to be squeamish about ordinary procedures.

Have now started the 3rd. Selling baby parts for profit. This one is obviously propaganda and I'm pretty sure I've seen this cited as proving the anti-PP case, so it will be interesting to see how it looks to a skeptic.

Here are the links in case anyone else wants to see what the brouhaha is about.

Well, even that 3rd one, despite the apparent intent to make people react negatively, really doesn't have anything particularly objectionable in it.

What I mean by that is that if you think abortion is murdering babies, you will see murdered baby parts and that will confirm what you already believe. So spare yourself the ordeal. But if you don't think abortions is murdering babies, you won't find any reasons to think these people are monsters.

I found myself thinking toward the end of the 3rd video ("Planned Parenthood Selling Baby Parts for Profit (Undercover Footage) ") that this was actually pretty decent investigative journalism. No different, really, than people who take hidden cameras into slaughterhouses to video animal abuse. Except that we didn't see a filthy operation being run by sadistic creeps. We saw mainly cooperative technicians who thought they were interacting with reputable scientists and researchers. Oh, and if this had been hidden cameras in slaughterhouses, it probably would have been illegal. Can't have journalists exposing for-profit corporations, after all.

Reactions: gusto79
Yep. They pieced together some quotes and some pictures to create the story they wanted to push. I swear they got a picture of a pizza in there by mistake. Making me hungry.

I just watched the next video in sequence. Conversation with a "baby parts vendor." Actually fairly interesting. Doesn't look edited. And not disturbing unless you are predisposed to be squeamish about ordinary procedures.

Have now started the 3rd. Selling baby parts for profit. This one is obviously propaganda and I'm pretty sure I've seen this cited as proving the anti-PP case, so it will be interesting to see how it looks to a skeptic.

Here are the links in case anyone else wants to see what the brouhaha is about.

Do you not see the hand and arm being picked with a pair of tweezers? You're pretty

Well, even that 3rd one, despite the apparent intent to make people react negatively, really doesn't have anything particularly objectionable in it.

What I mean by that is that if you think abortion is murdering babies, you will see murdered baby parts and that will confirm what you already believe. So spare yourself the ordeal. But if you don't think abortions is murdering babies, you won't find any reasons to think these people are monsters.

I found myself thinking toward the end of the 3rd video ("Planned Parenthood Selling Baby Parts for Profit (Undercover Footage) ") that this was actually pretty decent investigative journalism. No different, really, than people who take hidden cameras into slaughterhouses to video animal abuse. Except that we didn't see a filthy operation being run by sadistic creeps. We saw mainly cooperative technicians who thought they were interacting with reputable scientists and researchers. Oh, and if this had been hidden cameras in slaughterhouses, it probably would have been illegal. Can't have journalists exposing for-profit corporations, after all.

You're a monster.

Well that's a bit odd. This is the first I've looked at these videos. I heard the same audio clip played in both videos but with different video being shown. As a former film guy that sort of thing kind of throws up a red flag as to how these were edited together.

There's a lot of silliness going on in the editing. Outside of adding ominous music in specific parts, they jump cut from different parts of the same interview to create a new narrative of what is actually said. In documentary film making people do it all the time to create a different narrative or make the story more coherent. This isn't a documentary film though, so I would think they would just release the tape in its full form without editing it down. Editing it down like that, much like a Michael Moore film, suggests to me they're piecing it together to make them look as bad as possible without providing the true context of the conversations.

Bowling for Columbine was the poster child for this kind of thing.

I honestly can't make a judgment on this without seeing all of the stock footage unedited. Because the way it is presented seems to be cut together from people who have an obvious agenda. I don't see the outrage with the doctors in the video as they're just doing their jobs. I would feel the same squeamish factor with videos depicting organ harvesting from deceased adults. I mean, to those of us not in the field of organ harvesting it seems callous as hell, but my mental outlook is so much different from someone who works in that field. To someone in that field it's really no different that dissecting a pig, it's just flesh at that point.

I haven't really followed the story that closely outside of reading some things and didn't go into watching it with a specific mindset, and to me I can't make an honest objective conclusion based on how they pieced it together. I would have to watch the unedited stock footage. To me, if it's that damning, why the need for theatrics?

"Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, it's heart beating, it's legs kicking, while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain."

That's what Fiorina said.

We have yet to see that video.

1. If she loved the young woman and considered her a daughter I'm cool with it, and everyone should lay off. Unless of course she's a craven politician and she's using the situation. Tough call.
2. Brilliant move to blame the mainstream media. She can keep on doing that even when disproved. Blaming the media is the gift that keeps on giving.

You know what, I have to correct myself here. Watching IMCC's link and then one that WWJD posted, I got a little mixed up, and the audio and video I thought were in question actually matched up when I went through them both at the same time.

A lot of the quick editing though I'm not a fan of. Is there a video that just posts the stock footage in its entirety that is unedited. Because I just know how some people jack around with stuff when it comes to video and I'd like to see the whole thing unedited.

I guess that makes me not human though in IMCC's mind. I will watch things even if they make me uncomfortable because I don't feel like I can give an honest opinion or learn about things out there simply because it might be potentially gross to look at.

ADVERTISEMENT