ADVERTISEMENT

Fire danger prompts some Fourth of July firework shows to be replaced with drones...

COLORADO, USA — Fire danger is top of mind this Fourth of July. Some cities are canceling their firework shows, and others are replacing fireworks with drones.

"Now with the fire risks as they are, it's brought in a whole new level of interest in what we do," said Graham Hill, CEO and founder of Hire UAV Pro. “It’s largely driven by wildfire concerns, certainly from Denver west.”

Instead of hearing loud booms on the Fourth of July this year, you might be experiencing the hum of 150 drones flying through the air.
“Colorado was first, I think, as a result of the fires here and then as new fire restrictions have gone into different states like New Mexico and Utah and Arizona, we’ve gotten waves of calls from those areas too," he said.

Hill said they've been contacted by about 300-400 cities across the country looking to replace their traditional fireworks shows with a drone light show.

"We were booked for the Fourth of July four months ago," he said. "So, unfortunately we’ve had to turn away a lot of communities that have come and asked but luckily we get to stay home in Colorado this Fourth and perform."

THE ENTIRE POINT of fireworks on the 4th of July is to remind us of "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" that started our Revolutionary War against England.

Good grief.
I was in la jolla last week and the waiter said they cancelled them there because it upsets the seals.

This thread is on point!

It wasn't about shooting fireworks in town or about which comments are okay. It was about shooting fireworks during a drought and if the drones.

I think fireworks are great and love watching them. If I lived in an area where there was a major drought and the city offered these drones, I wouldn't be mad. They look cool.

No No No GIF

Reactions: 24 so far
COLORADO, USA — Fire danger is top of mind this Fourth of July. Some cities are canceling their firework shows, and others are replacing fireworks with drones.

"Now with the fire risks as they are, it's brought in a whole new level of interest in what we do," said Graham Hill, CEO and founder of Hire UAV Pro. “It’s largely driven by wildfire concerns, certainly from Denver west.”

Instead of hearing loud booms on the Fourth of July this year, you might be experiencing the hum of 150 drones flying through the air.
“Colorado was first, I think, as a result of the fires here and then as new fire restrictions have gone into different states like New Mexico and Utah and Arizona, we’ve gotten waves of calls from those areas too," he said.

Hill said they've been contacted by about 300-400 cities across the country looking to replace their traditional fireworks shows with a drone light show.

"We were booked for the Fourth of July four months ago," he said. "So, unfortunately we’ve had to turn away a lot of communities that have come and asked but luckily we get to stay home in Colorado this Fourth and perform."

THE ENTIRE POINT of fireworks on the 4th of July is to remind us of "The Shot Heard 'Round The World" that started our Revolutionary War against England.

Good grief.
F*** those forests. Lets possibly burn an entire mountainside so we can have some fireworks

Reactions: BelemNole
Now that the children have finished their circle jerk - Tahoe has switched to drone shows. Both because of the drought and because of all the garbage that the fireworks drop into the lake.

F*** those forests. Lets possibly burn an entire mountainside so we can have some fireworks
I have to remember Trad’s world is whatever involves Trad. Post after post about unusual weather screwing up his garden, but mass forest fires and drought aren’t his concern because they don’t affect him.

I have to remember Trad’s world is whatever involves Trad. Post after post about unusual weather screwing up his garden, but mass forest fires and drought aren’t his concern because they don’t affect him.

To be fair accidentally burning down a forest in a loud, unnecessary celebration is about the most American thing I can think of.

ADVERTISEMENT