ADVERTISEMENT

Fire KOK

giphy.gif

it is shocking to me me HOW HAPPY everyone seems to be.

it was not that long ago when everybody could not wait to get rid of KOK
As an OC he was less than spectacular. I don't fault people wanting something new, as I'm sure they didn't expect Kirk to hire someone as bad as Davis. However, KOK was good at developing QBs and is a good get for Iowa at the moment.

Reactions: youcantguardme
As a former center myself, I wonder if Brian wanted KOK back to learn that thing KOK taught QBs to do to him when they were under center to take back to his bedroom.

Sarcasm, of course. I enjoy this hire.

As a former center myself, I wonder if Brian wanted KOK back to learn that thing KOK taught QBs to do to him when they were under center to take back to his bedroom.

Sarcasm, of course. I enjoy this hire.

What???...Perhaps, someone needs a little more "talky" time on the couch.

Last edited:
Jimmy and Joes not the X's and O's.

Always was always will be.

KOK was never the problem.

KOK would look great with Deshaun Watson as QB or Zeke Elliot in his backfield.

Yeah, I'll take Banks and Freddy all day...every day...and it's not even close. [edit/ I want Dallas Clark though /edit].

Last edited:
OH YEAH! "Heat protecter" KOK GOOD IF LEFT ALONE FROM CAP" CHIPS" ALL IN NO?

Definitely a heat protector. Good move by Kirk. Although the lightening rod will not all be on KOK...

Regardless, just give me a higher ranked offense than KOK had. Yes, an average of 55th in the country sounds great, compared to what we had the last few years. But man that is lousy. That is not winning football. Certainly...

Since Iowa plays a pro-style offense, it's probably a pretty good hire. Brian will be calling the offensive plays since it's his head on the chopping block. I imagine KOK will give some suggestions when asked. Pretty sure Brian will probably be Iowa's next head coach so taking control of the offense will be a small step in that direction.

Bringing Ken back in is not such a bad idea. KOK will help mentor Brian into his new role and the philosophy will essentially remain within Kirks vision. In all the years KF has been coach, the offensive philosophy has not changed. It is not going to change significantly at least until Kirk retires. If Brian is given the keys to the car at that time, he may or may not overhaul at that time. Will depend on the over-all success. I would still expect some new wrinkles to get the fan base excited, but not much more than that. I do think we will have a significantly better and balanced offense.

its been often said and confirmed that the offense KOK ran, reflects more on Kirk than KOK. KOK ran more wide-open high scoring offenses and adapted to life in the Big10 under Kirk's rule.

If anything I think our best hope is that some of the concepts KOK couldn't get Kirk onboard with maybe Brian can... At the very least we can hope to see the return of the play action deep shot and the tight-end screen pass.

Since Iowa plays a pro-style offense, it's probably a pretty good hire. Brian will be calling the offensive plays since it's his head on the chopping block. I imagine KOK will give some suggestions when asked. Pretty sure Brian will probably be Iowa's next head coach so taking control of the offense will be a small step in that direction.

Brian taking control of the offense is a HUGE step in that direction. And I believe/hope a good one.

Last edited:
If you are qualified why would you need a mentor. Let the excuses begin. This is a BS hire. Brian has been in the program what 8 or 9 yrs. He should be beyond needing help. JFC he is the offensive coordinator.

If you are qualified why would you need a mentor. Let the excuses begin. This is a BS hire. Brian has been in the program what 8 or 9 yrs. He should be beyond needing help. JFC he is the offensive coordinator.

I agree with this. IF one of the reasons for bringing in KOK is to help BF then BF is not ready. If that is NOT one of the reasons then I would like to understand "why KOK". I talked to and ex Iowa player and close friend of mine this morning. His take was:
- won't create confrontation with Brian and staff
- won't get in the way of BF becoming HC later on
- won't cross KF
- safe

Frankly it makes sense and it is a sad state of affairs unless BF really blows the doors off and becomes a real progressive version of his pop.

This happens literally everywhere a young or new coach is put into a coordinator spot. Chuck Long talked about it happening at OU with Kevin Wilson

No, it will be fire B Ferentz and hire KOK back again once we all realize how terrible our O is once again the next 20 years or so.

THEN, it will back to fire KOK after that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT