ADVERTISEMENT

Fire the offensive Staff

Labas did a good job. He missed a few shots he could have hit. The play calling was still pathetic. Running up the middle never worked and was never going to work. That didn't detour BF from continually calling for it. From what I saw, Labas should have been the starter all season long. Not a smart coaching move not to recognize it.

Labas did a good job. He missed a few shots he could have hit. The play calling was still pathetic. Running up the middle never worked and was never going to work. That didn't detour BF from continually calling for it. From what I saw, Labas should have been the starter all season long. Not a smart coaching move not to recognize it.
BF goes by the offensive philosophy of scratch where it doesn’t itch.

I see more upside in Labas than I ever did in Petras. They both would have put up similar numbers today. As always, I feel bad saying that because he is a good guy.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Offensive line, play calling, Qb’s. What do those all have in common? I would take Kentucky’s OC who was fired this year.

No one is going anywhere except Copeland. Big news over the coming weeks is that Budmayr will be announced as the new Co-OC and QB coach. Brian will be Co-OC along with a position coaching responsibility.

No one is going anywhere except Copeland. Big news over the coming weeks is that Budmayr will be announced as the new Co-OC and QB coach. Brian will be Co-OC along with a position coaching responsibility.
This is what I fear. Hopes of Brian to the NFL seem to be fading.

Some will disagree with this but I think we have talent, it’s just being misutilized. Get different coaches and better playcalling and we’ll be in good shape
Why do you feel this way? Recruiting stars? What about their performance this year and today makes you certain that different coaches/playcalling changes anything? Not to mention that schematic changes usually take many years to implement fully unless you have endless resources of high level athletes to choose the right guys to fit the new system

Why do you feel this way? Recruiting stars? What about their performance this year and today makes you certain that different coaches/playcalling changes anything? Not to mention that schematic changes usually take many years to implement fully unless you have endless resources of high level athletes to choose the right guys to fit the new system
I don’t think we need scheme changes. Our scheme isn’t anything dramatically different from most teams. I think BF just isn’t particularly good at calling the right plays at the right time, which is an art in itself. QB, RB, and TE are stocked for next year. I think our WRs will look much better with a better QB and better play calling rhythm. The big question mark and biggest factor will be the OL. Not nearly as confident on that score.

Reactions: briggshawk
I don’t think we need scheme changes. Our scheme isn’t anything dramatically different from most teams. I think BF just isn’t particularly good at calling the right plays at the right time, which is an art in itself. QB, RB, and TE are stocked for next year. I think our WRs will look much better with a better QB and better play calling rhythm. The big question mark and biggest factor will be the OL. Not nearly as confident on that score.
Appreciate your take and don't completely disagree. I am not convinced that BF is an awful OC. Does he have some WTF moments/games? Yeah, I think that would be more than fair to say. With that said, he had some brilliant calls today blown up by terribly executed assignment football. I mean basic blocking schemes just completely whiffed. This has happened often this year. I hate to be cliché but this team (specifically O line) seems to lack discipline, not effort, just discipline. Whether it be his behavior, the alleged racism, nepotism or just the offense in general, Brian has clearly worn out his welcome with most Iowa fans. It is unfortunate as I think Brian loves Iowa as much as his father and has given a lot to this program. I don't know what the answer is offensively, but you'd have to imagine BF has to go just based off of the vitriol being spewed by the fanbase. I Wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Our o line is the worst I have seen at Iowa for 50 years. The receivers look like the ones we had in the 70’s. That bad.
Outside of getting a new OC, I don’t know how one justifies keeping Barnett as OL coach. Yes, he has been here only two years, but there has been zero improvement. These last two years are one of the few I can recall where there was zero improvement from the first game to the last.

Good with zero 3rd down conversions for the year? A lot of factors go into it but zero isn’t good

ADVERTISEMENT