ADVERTISEMENT

First charge of sedition in Jan. 6 insurrection filed....and major leader arrested

Sure. Because that would have been the only objective. So where was the military action?

These morons may belong in jail but this looks and smells like overcharging by a politically motivated prosecutor
It looks like a bunch of morons incited by a group of powerful people (not smart people) to disrupt the confirmation process for our President. We will see how deep the involvement goes.

I assume you are supportive of the ongoing investigation?

They had their own weapons. According to this they had the plans and the means ...so why didn't they hold the capitol. Why didn't they have roadblocks? Why didn't they do a single effective thing if this was anything other than big talk? They had the building right?

Because they were dumber than the keystone kops?

Reactions: HawkMD
Capitol Police fought back.

And, they were wannabe giant pussies who just know how to "play soldier", but not really fight all that well.
And, now, the GOP has turned their backs on the cops that defended them, smeared them, or look at their shoes in silent shame as they pass them by because Republicans like Romney, Burr, Collins, Sasse... are all too chickens**t to take the cult on.

Sure. Because that would have been the only objective. So where was the military action?

These morons may belong in jail but this looks and smells like overcharging by a politically motivated prosecutor

Were you Hawkman34 in a different thread? If not, I'm surprised he hasn't been in this thread. Hmmmmmm

Wow. A planned attempt to overtake the capital and bring in weapons stored nearby in order to overturn the results of a legitimate election and your arguement is they're being overcharged? At least most of the others just moved the goalposts a whole or remain conspicuously absent but you're going there.

The feds don't file charges unless they have an overwhelming chance of winning. A staggering 90% of federal criminal cases end up with defendants pleading guilty to their alleged offenses.

Wow. A planned attempt to overtake the capital and bring in weapons stored nearby in order to overturn the results of a legitimate election and your arguement is they're being overcharged? At least most of the others just moved the goalposts a whole or remain conspicuously absent but you're going there.
Seditious conspiracy? Give me a break. This is theatre and weaponized politics.

Reactions: Banditking
What about attempting to stop a Supreme Court nominee from being confirmed ? Or, stopping work on Wall Street and raping women. Or, stopping police and emergency services from entering large components of a major US city? Why is Jan 6, which was “mostly peaceful [lol]” and prominently featured stupid and crazy people worse or any different? Why the fed hornets nest for this versus other events that were more violent and more effective and larger and with more overt support from government representatives?

We know this is a non-issue for Trump voters

And LoL at comparing social justice movements with one pushed by a guy who can’t take a loss and give up power.

Why is that funny? The social justice movements lately are about achieving power and money for dnc. They’re also kinda racist and sexist (against minorities, women, men, white people). But that’s a whole other can of worms. Point is, I see the summer “social justice” riots as pretty similar in flavor as trump not taking a loss well. But also, it shouldn’t matter. People had strong opinions about a topic and started rioting and illegally protesting at encouragement from politicians. That’s obnoxious. There was substantial external funding in the social justice space version. The latter did far more damage than the stupid trumpers and also resulted in far more political power for the dnc and far more societal responses that are annoying in the work force and popular sphere. Ie, the left is a bigger problem.

60 percent of Americans polled anticipate violence after the next election.

Why is that funny? The social justice movements lately are about achieving power and money for dnc. They’re also kinda racist and sexist (against minorities, women, men, white people). But that’s a whole other can of worms. Point is, I see the summer “social justice” riots as pretty similar in flavor as trump not taking a loss well. But also, it shouldn’t matter. People had strong opinions about a topic and started rioting and illegally protesting at encouragement from politicians. That’s obnoxious. There was substantial external funding in the social justice space version. The latter did far more damage than the stupid trumpers and also resulted in far more political power for the dnc and far more societal responses that are annoying in the work force and popular sphere. Ie, the left is a bigger problem. The perception is that the left is using gov power to stomp on a small and relatively underpowered group while ignoring their own cash cow, when they should be stomping on both and the latter is a far greater threat.

That shit didn't happen on January 6th. Stick to the thread's subject.

Yes. And violence was also anticipated if trump would have won in the prior election… from the left. The media and dnc applauded it and waged a hyperbolic 4 year orange man bad campaign with all sorts of unsubstantiated allegations and parading morons like Michael Avenatti out as avatars of the dnc message campaign on msm. I see that as the primary source of variance in the escalation of perception of violence. Rather than dealing with the summer riots, they were encouraged by dnc. And now…. Such violence when you don’t get your way is becoming normalized. That’s what lead to Jan 6.

It’s the Dems fault the right coup’ed. Got it.
“You made us do it!!!”

Only one side has threatened blood in the streets. No matter how much you pretzel yourself

No, but we know the left would because they did and continue to do so. I’m explicitly stating that the left’s sedition over the summer in places like Portland and in their invasion of a senate building during the Kavanaugh hearings should have been prosecuted, roundly condemned by republicans and democrats and mainstream media AND the small group of idiot trumpers should be handled the same way.

Whatabout. The only current GOP platform

It’s a legitimate position at present as the asymmetry is the crux of the problem and a big source of variance in the current distrust of government. Treat people regardless of political affiliation, race, sex, sexuality and ethnicity equally and neutrally under the law. The Dems seem opposed to that.

Or maybe. Maybe it's the party that has fueled nationalistic and aggrieved males to anger - in order to drive support to the polls?

It’s a legitimate position at present as the asymmetry is the crux of the problem and a big source of variance in the current distrust of government. Treat people regardless of political affiliation, race, sex, sexuality and ethnicity equally and neutrally under the law. The Dems seem opposed to that.
Lots of sound and fury that means nothing.

You can't honestly believe this...

Reactions: Rudolph and HawkMD
It's worth noting that the Oath Keepers, and many of the militia groups sprang up immediately after Obama was elected president. A lot of hatred was focused by these groups who espouse fidelity to the Constitution and to God. Scary, scary stuff.
I've sent two emails to Joni Ernst in the last few months asking her if she uses Oath Keepers at her rallies. Neither email has been answered. I guess that is an answer.

You ever seen so much regulation of speech in your life as you have in the last 24 months?
Depends on what u think is free speech. A social media platform taking away your account for violating terms of service. Getting fired from a job for ticking off your sponsors or the big money Jews.

Link? That's sounds ****ing stupid.
Link

"On Wednesday, Lara Trump, a TV producer who is married to Donald Trump's son, Eric, defended her father-in-law during an appearance on Hannity's show on Wednesday, while questioning why there wasn't "adequate security" on January 6 to protect the Capitol from the mob."

I hope the Feds follow through on all charges and do not accept plea deals from anyone.

Execute the leaders, if found guilty, and long prison terms for the rest.

Link

"On Wednesday, Lara Trump, a TV producer who is married to Donald Trump's son, Eric, defended her father-in-law during an appearance on Hannity's show on Wednesday, while questioning why there wasn't "adequate security" on January 6 to protect the Capitol from the mob."
That TV lady sounds like an idiot.

I myself have often wondered how it was so easy for them but don't think that's a dem vs repub thing.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
That TV lady sounds like an idiot.

I myself have often wondered how it was so easy for them but don't think that's a dem vs repub thing.
I'm with you there. This being the first capitol attack, the culprits were mostly unarmed, I understand how it would be tough to call the national guard to start blasting everyone. I wouldn't want to make that decision regardless of party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT