ADVERTISEMENT

First down spot for Bucky

kceasthawk

HR Legend
Nov 5, 2016
Was it just me that thought that spot in the 4th quarter was totally bogus? In the TV replay it didn't look like he got within a yard of the first down mark, and they didn't even hesitate or look at it. The back judge came running up and signaled for the first, and he looked a good yard short. Couldn't believe they didn't measure. Then they blew the quick whistle on KJ's Td at the end. Interesting...

Was it just me that thought that spot in the 4th quarter was totally bogus? In the TV replay it didn't look like he got within a yard of the first down mark, and they didn't even hesitate or look at it. The back judge came running up and signaled for the first, and he looked a good yard short. Couldn't believe they didn't measure. Then they blew the quick whistle on KJ's Td at the end. Interesting...
I thought the same thing. I was too lazy to rewind and actually check though. That’s probably the exact way the refs felt too.

Was also surprised at the no call running into the kicker.

Also very glad we are not without the services of Campbell for the 1st half next week. When the Wisky guy got up pointing at his helmet, I was sure they were going to review it.

‘I thought that was good no call on the kicker. Looked like a good acting job by the kicker. He left his leg up and then fell to the ground. Flop. The Campbell play though… oof, we got away with one on that, imo.

‘I thought that was good no call on the kicker. Looked like a good acting job by the kicker. He left his leg up and then fell to the ground. Flop. The Campbell play though… oof, we got away with one on that, imo.
Wisconsin got away with one, too. There was a pass over the middle to LaPorta and while the defender led with the shoulder, it was absolutely to the head/neck area while Sam was wrapped up by another defender.

you are correct. was not close. Could have been a crucial spot but they ended up punting from just a few yards from that spot.

I thought the same thing. I think that same back judge came running in to call iowa down with stopped forward progress when iowa rb got 2 yards past the first down marker. Just a weird call, but at least forward progess is not reviewable. The first down spot for badgers wasnt even close. If they measure that at least gives iowa coaches enough time to challenge the play

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
yeah like 15 straight posts in the game thread like "NO WAY HE GOT THAT"
Sorry, but I generally stay out of the game threads. It's usually too toxic, and I don't want to jump into those conversations and comment when I know that most people are just frustrated with our O (in football), or D (in basketball), LOL... so I just don't go there.....we're all frustrated....

I did rewind. Tough TV angle to definitively say he made it or not. I thought it was pretty close after a second look. It looked to me like he was just short, but I don't think replay would be able to overturn it.
I didn't think it was any where near close. I don't think he got within a yard of the line. I'm not sure but I don't think they can overturn a spot call......

Was also surprised at the no call running into the kicker.

Also very glad we are not without the services of Campbell for the 1st half next week. When the Wisky guy got up pointing at his helmet, I was sure they were going to review it.
Yep, that was another one. Could definetly have seen a targeting review on that one....

Wisconsin got away with one, too. There was a pass over the middle to LaPorta and while the defender led with the shoulder, it was absolutely to the head/neck area while Sam was wrapped up by another defender.
Yep. Outstanding. We're certainly seeing a lot of the same things in these games. I remember that one as well....

Right after that we got lucky on Dejean's big punt return when they didn't call running into the kicker. These refs were pretty bad both ways.
Was surprised we didn't at least get called for running into the kicker. Some crews would have ejected Campbell on a late tackle of #20 as well. Was surprised that wasn't even looked at. Looked like we were close to some blocks in the back as well. Wisconsin I felt got away with a few holds as well. It was a crew that, to me, just seemed to be a let it go type of crew. I was fine with that. Especially in what you know will be such a physical game. Overall I thought this crew was much better than most!

Reactions: General Tso
Eddie and Dolph were equally flabbergasted at that one

Reactions: F5n5
Was at the game, did the announcers speculate why no flag on that?

Btw, has FS1 ever explained why they don’t always send announcers to the games in person?
Wish the Big 10 would put into the contract that they have to send announcers to games they are televising. Totally different atmosphere. Announcers don't know what's going on as they can't see the whole field, just what all of us are seeing on TV. Emotion isn't there either as announcers can't really hear the crowd. Whatever Fox was doing with their field mics was awful too. Had friends at the game say it was loud but you couldn't tell on TV at all. They will send hundreds of millions/billions to the schools for the right to broadcast, but save a few thousand dollars to not provide broadcasters. Dumb.

I thought the same thing.

Was at the game, did the announcers speculate why no flag on that?

Btw, has FS1 ever explained why they don’t always send announcers to the games in person?
Watch the punter and you will see he kicked his left leg up into the air which you don’t do after you punt. Tried to sell roughing and the official recognized it.

Sorry, but I generally stay out of the game threads. It's usually too toxic, and I don't want to jump into those conversations and comment when I know that most people are just frustrated with our O (in football), or D (in basketball), LOL... so I just don't go there.....we're all frustrated....
its for coping. we can all vent into 1 thread instead of spamming the board.

They had a targeting hit to the head on Lachey from Herbig that wasn’t called as well.

Was it the one where they were inside their own 15. If so I agree. Looked like he was short of the line to gain.

If we all agree Wisky didn't make the 1st down, then the Campbell targeting and running into the punter did not happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT