ADVERTISEMENT

First game back at Carver in a while

cidsports

HB King

I have always preferred Kinnick and Iowa Football. But, looking forward to today's Iowa vs. Nebraska game at Carver today with a friend.

My second college basketball season of the year. Went to a game at CHI Omaha over Thanksgiving.

Know another friend and his daughter (no pic) are also heading to today's Nebraska game.

Noticed some great pictures this week from a friend showing the 1970 team and from Ronnie Lester's day as a Hawk. Certainly brought back fond memories with Ronnie.

I do have fond memories going back to games with my father back with Lute Olson, as coach, in the old Fieldhouse.

I enjoyed the first game in Carver back in the day. Iowa lost a heartbreaker with the side out violation.

I remember the 1975 game with Nebraska back when Lute had his first winning season. The Huskers weren't bad that year either. Bruce King was Iowa's second leading scorer as a junior center.

Senior guard Scott Thompson, who would later be Lute's lead assistant at Arizona, was Iowa's MVP and leading scorer that season. Hawks won 72-65 at The Fieldhouse over the Huskers and coach Joe Ciprano (19-8), so a much better Huskers team than Fred Hoiberg's 2022 team.

Jerry Fort out of Chicago was the Huskers best player. I always remembered his name. Good 6-3 guard for Huskers.

I also remember an occasional meet in wrestling there.

Reactions: grhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News