ADVERTISEMENT

First Live Game Thoughts

Mccusk34

Scout Team
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2019
I live in Texas, made it to the Illinois game. Just some thoughts I had. Our o-line and d-line, looked small compared to Illinois' O-line and D-line. The backups, probably mostly walk on's all look small. Petras never really looks at throwing to anyone but the slots or TE's. I don't think he even looks at 14. That being said there were open receivers, but the line can't hold or the receiver can't make the catch. Iowa takes no shots downfield. BF chewed 67 out for his mistake, but no one else. The offense's bench had very little energy, they seemed resigned to their fate. No one was trying fire each other up, just went back to there spots on the bench and barely interacted with each other. Petras doesn't go talk to anyone but BF, no real interaction with the other 2 QBs.
Wonder what you all that are there more think.

I live in austin. for 25 yrs i would drive up to iowa for a game. starting in 1991. saw many many great games. it ended in 2015 when the person {family memeber} passed away. but i'm telling you that thousand mile drive was worth it for sure, for 25 yrs. I highly doubt if I would do it this yr.

Iowa does have a small defensive line. No one over 300lbs. I haven’t looked but it must be one of the smaller lines in the conference. No elite pass rusher either. It’s kinda like they are all too small for DT and too slow for DE.

I don't care if the defensive line is a bit on the smallish side, as long as they're strong and quick. The offensive line is another matter altogether.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I don't care if the defensive line is a bit on the smallish side, as long as they're strong and quick. The offensive line is another matter altogether.
All I know is Hercules is a man amongst boys and will be playing on Sunday with/against AJ...

OP: Thanks for the insights, it was tough to watch that game on TV. Hopefully you at least saw some nice eye candy/co-eds to pass the time? :p

SP being a man on an island is not a surprise. Not a good look for your team QB and "leader."

But I'm sure that, as many of you insist, the locker room is a fine and dandy place where everyone gets along like the Brady Bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT