ADVERTISEMENT

New Story *****Five-star OL Kadyn Proctor commits to Iowa*****

Also, this OL class is ridiculous. If they land Howland, I would put it in best ever. The class two years ago with Davidkov, Colby and Stepehens was really good but this one I think is even better.
Think about in 2 years the OL room. Have Colby and Richman who started as Freshman. Davidkov and Stephens who are already massive and good chance to be in 2 deeps this year with the word of both impressing in bowl prep. On top of it also have Logan Jones and Myslinski battling out next year as red shirt freshman for C spot. Britt will be a Sr, fingers crossed healthy, and Dejong who saw lot of time last year starting plenty of games also a Sr. Finally throw in Procter and those are good problems to have with trying to find the 5 best OL to play for Barnett.

Man...if they can get him on campus for the Spring next year...he will be ready for the 2023 season. Just a huge get...and the depth they have built on the OL is amazing. Proctor likely slides into the right tackle position as I expect Richmond to be a all big ten player...that will be an interesting decision.

Congrats to Kayden...he's worked his butt off and has not rested on his talent...remember, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Kayden's doing the work. Look forward to seeing him excel for three years!

Think about in 2 years the OL room. Have Colby and Richman who started as Freshman. Davidkov and Stephens who are already massive and good chance to be in 2 deeps this year with the word of both impressing in bowl prep. On top of it also have Logan Jones and Myslinski battling out next year as red shirt freshman for C spot. Britt will be a Sr, fingers crossed healthy, and Dejong who saw lot of time last year starting plenty of games also a Sr. Finally throw in Procter and those are good problems to have with trying to find the 5 best OL to play for Barnett.
Cody Fox in '24...

Welcome aboard Kadyn
671801409ba-awesome-coloful-fireworks-animated-gif-image-3.gif

Reactions: Ree4
I hope the 3-4 dingleberry malcontents of this site who are no doubt undergoing terrible suffering due to this thread will receive a cordial welcome from one and all upon their return in a few days. We will need their contributions going forward to keep things interesting and balanced.

The future of this OL definitely looks like it could be quite bright.

The personnel is staggered for Proctor to join the OL ... and start contributing right away (probably a lot like Colby in '21).

We have a great mix of high-level recruits, developmental guys, and talented/driven walk-ons. I just hope that our developmental/walk-ons handle the uptick in recruiting better than how (some of) the developmental guys from the '03 & '04 handled the '05 recruiting class. Some of those guys seemed to just pack up their bags ... so it was a process to rebuild that OL.

Reactions: Ree4 and iowaflash
definitely seems coaching stability has been paying off for the Hawks. We all know the O needs improvement, but in this day and age when you can’t trust anyone anymore some people still see thru the Bullsh!t and value a straight shooter like KF.
. That alone should make Hawk fans proud that KF still runs it the right way .

Reactions: F5n5 and AlvySinger
No he's not. He's the #1 rated OL in the nation, and top 15 at any position in all of high school football. He's not dropping a star.....Thats just more Hawk fan paranoia.....
Rivals National overall ranking. Dropped to #14, currently.

I understand he's still #1 OT.

Nobody is paranoid.

The future looks awesome but now can they move the ball and score points?

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
With the recent OL recruiting successes, we should be able to modernize to the Wishbone Offense (in some form).

I wish star rankings mattered so I could be excited about this….

Joking aside, this an awesome get! Hopefully him and X both live up to the hype.

• Love
Reactions: hawk_a_holic
Give this staff a ton of credit. 10 years ago I felt we were stale at best. To say we big time picked up recruiting to the all time height of it, in light of some "bad pub," this staff really has pushed our talent to the next level. This is so huge. Another Wirfs who might end up better. The everything is there. With an elite OL the sky is the limit on offense (on the ground at least). :)

Bullies of the BIG TEN!! How many men will foes have to put in the box to control the run? I foresee a day when we can expect to pick up a third and 1 on something other then a QB sneek.

With a solid d-line as well opponent’s better bring some men when they come to Iowa City.

Rivals National overall ranking. Dropped to #14, currently.

I understand he's still #1 OT.

Nobody is paranoid.
Just saying everytime Iowa gets a commit we see that same thing posted. marco Lainez dropped because he attended a rivals camp and didn't perform at a level comenserate with his ranking evidently. These camps have more to do with their scores then even their play in games it seems. I doubt tat KP will even be attending anymore camps. He'll be prepping for his senior year in a few weeks, and then moving southeast to Iowa city..

2023 will be interesting on the O line. Common practice in the past for stud linemen was to start them at guard then move them to tackle. It is hard to see that with Proctor. I expect Colby and Richman to be tackles this year. One of them will be at guard in 23.

Don't forget Lauk.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
ADVERTISEMENT