ADVERTISEMENT

New Story *****Five-star OL Kadyn Proctor commits to Iowa*****

If he has good enough hands and the QB can throw over a CB without over throwing him he might just be good for a reception?

giphy.gif

Long-term NFL money will trump temporary NIL deal….
He wants to work to earn his payday. He didn't want something given to him from day one in college without having to work for it (not that he won't be getting anything in terms of NIL while at Iowa).

I also think based on what he said, and I'm not quite sure how to properly illustrate this, that he understands that he's still just a young man learning the game he loves and isn't "ready" or "doesn't need" to be making millions of dollars right now playing football, if that makes sense.

I had a dream last night, and Gabriel the angel spoketh to me with the words, "Unto Iowa Hawkeyes there will be a new day and the power will be with them. The fans will make tremendous noise until the opponents bow down before them." I woke up and had a cup of coffee. wow

Alabama must feel the STING after Proctor chose Iowa as his HOME. The OL coach for Alabama is Eric Wolford, who was a starter on the O-line at Kansas State for 4 years under Head coach Bill Snyder. Off the field, Wolford was named a top-25 recruiter by Rivals.com once the signatures were in for the 2018 signing class. To beat Alabama - Iowa did an excellent job recruiting !!

Last edited:
Reactions: VodkaSam
Gotta give Kirk credit for building a culture. I've always appreciated Kirk's no-BS personality. I know it's often seen as "boring", and many more coaches (paging PJ FLECK) have a lot more "shine" to them if you heard them speak. But Kirk is old-school about work ethic, earning what you get, etc., and I respect that a ton. Yes, there are other areas I take issue with in regards to KF, but I like guys who don't over-promise and under-deliver.

He totally banked on the culture he's built on reeling in KP. Need the other OL kid and this will be an elite OL recruiting class.

I would just like to take this opportunity to pontificate on how our recruiting has improved in the sense that about ten years ago or so we were coming CLOSE but not quite getting the elite talent. Three names that come to mind were John Clay, Melvin gordon, and Ross Pierschbacher,all of which had outstanding careers.

I believe we were in the final two of those and Gordon and Pierschbcher were originally comitted to us. just close, but no cigar.

so it would appear that we are now at the level where we not just come close, but get the big fish. (PS: there was the infamous Eno and a couple other guys around his time that we ALMOST got)

I would just like to take this opportunity to pontificate on how our recruiting has improved in the sense that about ten years ago or so we were coming CLOSE but not quite getting the elite talent. Three names that come to mind were John Clay, Melvin gordon, and Ross Pierschbacher,all of which had outstanding careers.

I believe we were in the final two of those and Gordon and Pierschbcher were originally comitted to us. just close, but no cigar.

so it would appear that we are now at the level where we not just come close, but get the big fish. (PS: there was the infamous Eno and a couple other guys around his time that we ALMOST got)
all those guys did commit to iowa. to mase sure that we don't merely come close, we still need to continue doing well on the field as well to ensure Proctor follows through and signs.

Reactions: iowaflash
No he's not. He's the #1 rated OL in the nation, and top 15 at any position in all of high school football. He's not dropping a star.....Thats just more Hawk fan paranoia.....
Not yet on Rivals, but 24/7 has moved KP out of the #1 at OT.

Well 247 has him #1 but the composite ranking doesn't because ESPN and On3 have guys ahead of him.
Well shit, should we tell him he no longer has an offer? Just kidding...I obviously have never seen the kid play in a game, but if he's as athletic as people are saying with his size, and he puts his nose down and does the work, he'll have a decision to make in three years about being a first round draft pick in the league. Its a given he'll get the necessary skill set taught to him at Iowa. The only thing that slowed Wirfs down at all his first two years was he was kind of a big teddy bear. BF used to ride him about developing a killer mentality and the mean streak needed against similar trench beasts he'd see at this level. Something that guys like Gallery and Scherrff had in their DNA.

Reactions: David1979
Great analysis and write up from Hawk GameFilm on Proctor. I still wonder who Hawk Game Film is!!??

Doing my best Fran is da Man impression, and very much in a positive way!

Reactions: F5n5
He wants to work to earn his payday. He didn't want something given to him from day one in college without having to work for it (not that he won't be getting anything in terms of NIL while at Iowa).

I also think based on what he said, and I'm not quite sure how to properly illustrate this, that he understands that he's still just a young man learning the game he loves and isn't "ready" or "doesn't need" to be making millions of dollars right now playing football, if that makes sense.
Well he does get free tuition room and board

I’m okay with being the Bullies of the B1G again.
of course, there's a big difference between pushing around a 190lb 16 yo and a 290lb B1G DT. personally, i didn't like seeing those last few clips. most of them were away from the play and unnecessary, imo.

now if he can do that against college kids, i say hell yeah, but he doesn't have anything to prove against someone literally half his size in a high school game.

of course, there's a big difference between pushing around a 190lb 16 yo and a 290lb B1G DT. personally, i didn't like seeing those last few clips. most of them were away from the play and unnecessary, imo.

now if he can do that against college kids, i say hell yeah, but he doesn't have anything to prove against someone literally half his size in a high school game.
Yeah I guess I don’t get the ‘dislikes’ with the effort. Kid is playing hard til the whistle and using what god gave him on the playing field he was put on. I guess you guys should be outraged at the refs for not putting a stop to that madness. Personally, I can’t wait for him to get on campus.

Yeah I guess I don’t get the ‘dislikes’ with the effort. Kid is playing hard til the whistle and using what god gave him on the playing field he was put on. I guess you guys should be outraged at the refs for not putting a stop to that madness. Personally, I can’t wait for him to get on campus.
Yeah I don’t have a huge problem with things like this….he wasn’t twisting their knee under the pile, or spearing them with his helmet.

Like quintana said a lot of it was away from the play and wasn't helping in any way. It looked like he just liked flattening a lot smaller guys for no real reason. Then the last one I believe he just got on the guy on the ground like he was riding a horse. A video where he blasted guys of the line when the play was actually going on would have looked a lot better

Reactions: CookyMonster
Like quintana said a lot of it was away from the play and wasn't helping in any way. It looked like he just liked flattening a lot smaller guys for no real reason. Then the last one I believe he just got on the guy on the ground like he was riding a horse. A video where he blasted guys of the line when the play was actually going on would have looked a lot better
It’s not always about direct contribution to that play. It wears on the opponents psyche if you dominate them every chance you get. This is exactly the type of mentality that makes a very good offensive lineman an elite lineman.

Didn't need him. I think we're set with OL for the next decade. Plus I heard he's toxic in the locker room.

Oh wait, he's not decommitting.
LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS KID!!!! WE REALLY REALLY NEED HIM NOW!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT