ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Five-star OT Kadyn Proctor down to two

let's do what it takes and win

photo-finish-poop.gif

Reading Kadyn's announcement today caught me totally by surprise. Very bright young man who has given a lot of thought to the process. I am sure the travel and continuous contacts can be exhausting for a high schooler.

Glad he is visiting next weekend. Will give him the opportunity to meet many of his potential teammates. I am hopeful he makes the call for the Hawks. We have had several years of solid classes, the 2023 class could be the best yet.

One thing I have complete confidence with our coaching staff is their ability to develop offensive linemen. Hope Kadyn feels the same way.

Go Hawks!

I pray to the Good lord that he doesn’t talk to the devil himself Nick Satan - he’s a real schmoozer and stole a great Iowa born and bread o-lineman as I don’t need to even bother with the reference a few years ago

Mom likes Bama a lot too from recent article. KP likes their new OL coach too and wants to visit for a game however maybe we can lock him up yet this month!

Has to be considering that there has been a lot of talk about Saban retiring. Who knows what comes next???

Ross Pierschbacher

Think it through.
Still wild to think about how Boettger has had more career NFL earnings that Pierschbacher ... Pierschbacher was considered a "can't miss" OL recruit ... and Iowa developed his QB into a more successful NFL O-lineman!

Of course, Pierschbacher has a collegiate national championship ring - so those memories are certainly worth something too. However, the memories for an Iowa fan to play with your brothers in Kinnick as a Hawk ... that's really special too. Easier for your family to visit too!

Don't have inside info (that's mine to share anyways), but I'd say Iowa with about 90% confidence.

The one constant throughout his entire recruitment has been Iowa. After the Oregon visit, it was Iowa then them, after the Bama visit, it's Iowa and then them. Now he upsets his entire visit schedule to visit Iowa last? Guess who?

Still wild to think about how Boettger has had more career NFL earnings that Pierschbacher ... Pierschbacher was considered a "can't miss" OL recruit ... and Iowa developed his QB into a more successful NFL O-lineman!

Of course, Pierschbacher has a collegiate national championship ring - so those memories are certainly worth something too. However, the memories for an Iowa fan to play with your brothers in Kinnick as a Hawk ... that's really special too. Easier for your family to visit too!
But also Iowa > Alabama, so we got that going for us as well....... ;)

Reactions: AlvySinger
Twitter trying to say Bama is OLU and has had way more first round draft picks than Iowa at OL.

According to my review, since 2010, Bama has had 7 first rounders at OL and Iowa 5. That says a lot when you consider the caliber of recruits Bama gets.
Considering their recruiting prowess, 7 first round picks means they are doing a poor job of developing linemen…

His QB?

I’m guessing they played HS football together at CF? Maybe Ike was a QB back then. Thought he was a tigh end recruit but may have played bother…
This gets me thinking. How many recruits have we lost to them (or other blue bloods) that never worked out? And what if those kids would have went to a developmental school instead of a school like bama where every kid is a stud… would an Iowa or Wisconsin send more of those guys to the NFL or is it just Iowa sees potential better than other schools… or out of necessity do they recruit those type of guys and make them good,

Now he upsets his entire visit schedule to visit Iowa last? Guess who?
To me, this is very telling. Granted, I’m obviously on the outside looking in, but the thought I had when Proctor did not include Iowa in his official visit list was that Iowa is likely the favorite and that he’s taking visits to contrast them with Iowa, as a means of being sure Iowa is really where he wants to be. How true that may or may not be is anyone’s guess, but that’s the initial thought I had.

Hopefully, Proctor scheduled the Iowa visit to get final confirmation that’s where he ultimately wants to be. I’m obviously biased and reading into things from that lens, but it is logical. Time will tell.

Oh, and yeah, having X on board is huge. Any chance Wirfs will be there on Proctor’s official?

ADVERTISEMENT