ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Five-star OT Kadyn Proctor down to two

It would be nice if Iowa could beat Alabama for an Iowa OL, but if it doesn't, so what? Life will go on, probably. At least it did last time when the Cedar Falls kid flipped to 'Bama.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Wonder what the difference in potential NIL money is?
I'm sorry...I think if all things are equal...he would pick Iowa. It's closer for game days for his family. He has friends on the Iowa team. Iowa develops first round draft choices on the OL with regularity. Tristan Wirfs is close to this kid and he looks up to Tristan. Iowa has an upcoming OL right now with alot of highly rated young kids. Colby and Richmond are going to be all-americans...adding Proctor...wow...that would be incredible.

The big unknown is how close Iowa can compete in NIL money. It's important. This is where we aren't far enough along, or at least I don't believe we are...to say...it's most likely $500K a year for you. I guarantee Alabama is guaranteeing a number. I think it's important.

Come on big man...be the next Tristan Wirfs and play in the black and gold.

Still wild to think about how Boettger has had more career NFL earnings that Pierschbacher ... Pierschbacher was considered a "can't miss" OL recruit ... and Iowa developed his QB into a more successful NFL O-lineman!

Of course, Pierschbacher has a collegiate national championship ring - so those memories are certainly worth something too. However, the memories for an Iowa fan to play with your brothers in Kinnick as a Hawk ... that's really special too. Easier for your family to visit too!
can we please bring this up repeatedly both in this thread and in other threads? thank you (to all posters) for your cooperation in this matter.

I think he becomes a Hawk. The number of times he’s unofficially visited; cancelling visits to some
of the $ schools (ie Oregon), and then naming Iowa one of his final two official visits. Doesn’t look like $ is his driving factor. I like our chances.

I'm sorry...I think if all things are equal...he would pick Iowa. It's closer for game days for his family. He has friends on the Iowa team. Iowa develops first round draft choices on the OL with regularity. Tristan Wirfs is close to this kid and he looks up to Tristan. Iowa has an upcoming OL right now with alot of highly rated young kids. Colby and Richmond are going to be all-americans...adding Proctor...wow...that would be incredible.

The big unknown is how close Iowa can compete in NIL money. It's important. This is where we aren't far enough along, or at least I don't believe we are...to say...it's most likely $500K a year for you. I guarantee Alabama is guaranteeing a number. I think it's important.

Come on big man...be the next Tristan Wirfs and play in the black and gold.

On3 NIL estimates five Alabama players have a NIL value above $500K per year. all are upper classmen (including the 2021 Heisman winner). None are offensive linemen.

They have two offensive tackles above $500K in all of college football, one of whom is Joe Alt at Notre Dame.

They estimate Kadyn Proctor's NIL value at $269K.

X at $65K.

Estimated value does not mean that is what they are being paid.

Last edited:
On3 NIL estimates five Alabama players have a NIL value above $500K per year. all are upper classmen (including the 2021 Heisman winner). None are offensive linemen.

They have two offensive tackles above $500K in all of college football, one of whom is Joe Alt at Notre Dame.

X at $65K.

NIL might not be a factor for X and Proctor as they could be drafted in 3 years if they develop as expected.

X at $65K.

Estimated value does not mean that is what they are being paid.

How much NFL career earnings value is assigned to choosing to come to IOWA? If On3 hasn’t yet developed this kind of ratings system yet, maybe it needs to be done by someone like Fran? Haha😁

I think he becomes a Hawk. The number of times he’s unofficially visited; cancelling visits to some
of the $ schools (ie Oregon), and then naming Iowa one of his final two official visits. Doesn’t look like $ is his driving factor. I like our chances.
Maybe he's figured out if he gets his training in college at Iowa he can be in the league after his third year and make REAL money. See Scherff and Wirfs......

Which university and which state has more tradition of tolerance for diverse groups of people, and which university is and has been a national leader for 175 years for tolerance in support of diverse groups of people?

No college or university has had more important milestones for women and African-Americans in the country than Iowa. Absolutely stellar tradition that literally everyone else followed in the coming decades.

Alabama has a great football team though. They do whatever it takes to win. And they do win a lot. Lotsa bling.

I’m not really sure the state of Alabama and the University of Alabama have a reputation as being either leaders, or even a willing followers, in the areas of diversity equity and inclusion. They just see things different down there I guess. A lot of really ugly and bloody history, so the Crimson Tide symbolizes a little bit more than their fans might want to admit, at least in my view. Just one of the reasons why I’ve never much respected the SEC.

Iowa on the other hand is about community and family first, and it had been for over 175 years. They win the right way, and build great men and winners in the League and in life.

Many posters here might not be aware of how incredible Iowa has been as university, and as a state, for progressive ideas. It’s what made this university and the community of Iowa city truly world class.

Last edited:
Which university and which state has more tradition of tolerance for diverse groups of people, and which university is and has been a national leader for 175 years for tolerance in support of diverse groups of people?

No college or university has had more important milestones for women and African-Americans in the country than Iowa. Absolutely stellar tradition that literally everyone else followed in the coming decades.

Alabama has a great football team though. They do whatever it takes to win. And they do win a lot. Lotsa bling.

I’m not really sure the state of Alabama and the University of Alabama have a reputation as being either leaders, or even a willing followers, in the areas of diversity equity and inclusion. They just see things different down there I guess. A lot of really ugly and bloody history, so the Crimson Tide symbolizes a little bit more than their fans might want to admit, at least in my view. Just one of the reasons why I’ve never much respected the SEC.

Iowa on the other hand is about community and family first, and it had been for over 175 years. They win the right way, and build great men and winners in the League and in life.

Many posters here might not be aware of how incredible Iowa has been as university, and as a state, for progressive ideas. It’s what made this university and the community of Iowa city truly world class.

Ummm...other than that whole racist football program stuff...you are spot on.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
I think if Iowa can come up with an NIL deal that he feels is sufficient...doesn't have to match Alabama...I think we get him. I agree with alot of posters here in that having X here...is huge. I'm sure he knows a lot of other players too. Watching Linderbaum get drafted...someone he looks up to, Wirfs, get drafted has to be pretty powerful and he can stay closer to home and his family can see him play. I feel good about this.

Was Gallery our highest OT ever drafted? That one year where we had 4 seniors and Gallery the only junior was a heck of a group together….

Ummm...other than that whole racist football program stuff...you are spot on.
I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because some other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

There’s a whole lot of whataboutism in the MAGA mindset. A political leader or an institution can do 100 bad things compared to someone else who’s done one bad thing, and all you hear out of them is bashing the other one for the one bad thing.

175 years is 175 years at Iowa.

I’d love to hear a little more about what was happening in Alabama 175 years ago, and what’s happening in Alabama even today. It’s not even a place I would feel comfortable even visiting, and I’m a middle-aged white guy.

Last edited:

You are something else

I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because most other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

There’s a whole lot of whataboutism in the MAGA mindset. A political leader or an institution can do 100 bad things compared to someone else who’s done one bad thing, and all you hear out of them is bashing the other one for the one bad thing.

I’d love to hear a little more about what was happening in Alabama 175 years ago, and what’s happening in Alabama even today. It’s not even a place I would feel comfortable even visiting, and I’m a middle-aged white guy.
I agree with you. You are preaching to the choir here.

I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because most other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

Sir, this is a football forum

Still wild to think about how Boettger has had more career NFL earnings that Pierschbacher ... Pierschbacher was considered a "can't miss" OL recruit ... and Iowa developed his QB into a more successful NFL O-lineman!

Of course, Pierschbacher has a collegiate national championship ring - so those memories are certainly worth something too. However, the memories for an Iowa fan to play with your brothers in Kinnick as a Hawk ... that's really special too. Easier for your family to visit too!
The ring may mean something, but for the rest of his life Alabama fans won't remember or even care that he was a member of that team. At Iowa he would have been a legend for the same performace.

Do you have personal knowledge of the Alabama football program and the school itself and just stereotypes of the vocal minority of bad apples?

I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because some other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

Please don’t start this political crap.

I think if Iowa can come up with an NIL deal that he feels is sufficient...doesn't have to match Alabama...I think we get him. I agree with alot of posters here in that having X here...is huge. I'm sure he knows a lot of other players too. Watching Linderbaum get drafted...someone he looks up to, Wirfs, get drafted has to be pretty powerful and he can stay closer to home and his family can see him play. I feel good about this.

I don’t think NIL deals are as big as people think. We have heard about some but we don’t know if the reporting is accurate. A few stars will make some money while in college, but the payday comes when someone likes Proctor is a first round draft pick.

Alabama is actually a bit flat footed when it comes to NIL. They have a decent bag culture there but that was before the cost of poker went way up. Alabama is a poor state, and the university virtually has no endowment. Iowa makes the same amount of football money they do. They’re firmly in danger of being a have not in the NIL era

Sir, these are STUDENT ATHLETES and they play for a UNIVERSITY, with a history and a culture and a global impact.

Students and parents consider the community and the university as much as they consider the football program. Read comments from players and parents after they commit.

saved-jim-carrey.gif

Alabama is actually a bit flat footed when it comes to NIL. They have a decent bag culture there but that was before the cost of poker went way up. Alabama is a poor state, and the university virtually has no endowment. Iowa makes the same amount of football money they do. They’re firmly in danger of being a have not in the NIL era
Yes, correct!!! That is why Saban complained so much about A&M and their number 1 recruiting class last year. Saban knew what this meant for the future of Alabama football.

What is truly hilarious is by using that meme as an insult directed against me, you are entirely missing the irony of what the character is saying, and who the unselfaware person actually is. In other words, you trolled yourself, and made me laugh. So thank you.

I’m not the kind of person who relies on insults in order to avoid thinking.

And for those of you who don’t want to deal with so-called “political” issues, the reality is every football program exists at a university which itself exists in a community which exists in a state, and to quote Republican Abraham Lincoln, “you cannot escape history”.

there are a few Hawkeye fans who post a ton here and who certainly don’t seem like they ever went to the University of Iowa, or are much interested in education, or facts, or history, and I would venture to say that there are even more Alabama fans who never went to Alabama or even sniffed a college education.

regardless, everybody needs to know the history of the University of Iowa and it’s preeminent leadership position in diversity equity and inclusion.

That is not politics.

Those are facts and those are history and they are very relevant for any prospective student or athlete and their friends and families.

ADVERTISEMENT