ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Five-star OT Kadyn Proctor down to two

Facts as I see them: Proctor will be a one-year player. He would be drafted in the first round this year without question. I would guess he has been offered a fortune in NIL money by many schools. He has narrowed his choices down to two schools and the differences between are close to night and day.

Alabama: He will be surrounded by the highest rated players in the nation and coached by the elite. They have the finest facilities available and probably the most rabid fan-base in the country. His NIL opportunities will be tremendous. The odds that he will play in the NC are great if he decides to risk injury. He would not get the individual adulation and attention he may desire.

Iowa: He will have a very close friend he can room with. He is close to home and family. Every public move he makes will make headlines. He will be well-coached; however, the team will probably not even win the BIG West. He will have the opportunity to go to a mediocre bowl if he so chooses. There will be a good amount of NIL money available. His draft position will not be affected.

These are tough choices, and I could not blame him for making either.

Facts as I see them: Proctor will be a one-year player. He would be drafted in the first round this year without question. I would guess he has been offered a fortune in NIL money by many schools. He has narrowed his choices down to two schools and the differences between are close to night and day.

Alabama: He will be surrounded by the highest rated players in the nation and coached by the elite. They have the finest facilities available and probably the most rabid fan-base in the country. His NIL opportunities will be tremendous. The odds that he will play in the NC are great if he decides to risk injury. He would not get the individual adulation and attention he may desire.

Iowa: He will have a very close friend he can room with. He is close to home and family. Every public move he makes will make headlines. He will be well-coached; however, the team will probably not even win the BIG West. He will have the opportunity to go to a mediocre bowl if he so chooses. There will be a good amount of NIL money available. His draft position will not be affected.

Those are not facts. They are your opinions and they are not based on facts.

here are the facts: Iowa has just as many OL players in the NFL as Alabama, and Iowa has the highest paid OL at his position in the entire league.

both teams have 11 OL in the league. And considering the amount of talent they get at Alabama, most people who respect facts would respect the quality of coaching that the players receive at Iowa to make them so successful in the league. An argument can be made that Alabama squanders a great deal of talent.

As others have pointed out, the last five star OL from Iowa who went to Alabama has not done nearly as well as expected in the league, and he very likely would have been better served if he stayed home.

but if his goal in life was to get a national championship ring, Ross Pierschbacher made the right choice. But it certainly didn’t help his NFL career, and might have even hurt it.

No such thing as a "one-year" player in CFB.

NFL rules stipulate players must be at least 3 years removed from college to be draft-eligible.

Either he plays for 3 years, more unlikely, he redshirts and plays for 2.

Yeah, we haven’t won the West forever.

Why would he come to Iowa & think the team could win the West & maybe a conference title?? 🤦🏽‍♂️

No inside info, but I’ll be really surprised if it isn't Iowa.

The potential difference in NIL gets buried by what he can potentially make some day.

But....I have ZERO idea what his family's personal financial situation might be right now. Perhaps that will be a consideration.

No inside info, but I’ll be really surprised if it isn't Iowa.

The potential difference in NIL gets buried by what he can potentially make some day.

But....I have ZERO idea what his family's personal financial situation might be right now. Perhaps that will be a consideration.
Don't know the family but he plays for an affluent HS. For some reason I think I heard SEP is the fastest growing district in the state-not certain of that recollection, but it's stuck in my head. Altoona is booming. The less affluent neighborhoods in PHill go to East and east side elementary and middle schools. Basically SEP is a middle to upper middle class suburban school, with a solid number of executive class families. Probably not a family that needs their kid's NIL money for a good lifestyle.

Reactions: bowlhawk

NFL rules stipulate players must be at least 3 years removed from college to be draft-eligible.

For most other freshman OL I could see them redshirting, but I somehow think he might be a starter from day one

What is truly hilarious is by using that meme as an insult directed against me, you are entirely missing the irony of what the character is saying, and who the unselfaware person actually is. In other words, you trolled yourself, and made me laugh. So thank you.

I’m not the kind of person who relies on insults in order to avoid thinking.

And for those of you who don’t want to deal with so-called “political” issues, the reality is every football program exists at a university which itself exists in a community which exists in a state, and to quote Republican Abraham Lincoln, “you cannot escape history”.

there are a few Hawkeye fans who post a ton here and who certainly don’t seem like they ever went to the University of Iowa, or are much interested in education, or facts, or history, and I would venture to say that there are even more Alabama fans who never went to Alabama or even sniffed a college education.

regardless, everybody needs to know the history of the University of Iowa and it’s preeminent leadership position in diversity equity and inclusion.

That is not politics.

Those are facts and those are history and they are very relevant for any prospective student or athlete and their friends and families.

You're truly a sic fock

I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because some other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

There’s a whole lot of whataboutism in the MAGA mindset. A political leader or an institution can do 100 bad things compared to someone else who’s done one bad thing, and all you hear out of them is bashing the other one for the one bad thing.

175 years is 175 years at Iowa.

I’d love to hear a little more about what watas happening in Alabama 175 years ago, and what’s happening in Alabama even today. It’s not even a place I would feel comfortable even visiting, and I’m a middle-aged white guy.

I actually respect the fact that when problems arise, there is a tremendous amount of transparency and corrections are made at Iowa. Just because some other institutions take care of their problems in house and have a long history of big brown paper bags full of cash and all kinds of other unethical and racist traditions that somehow people are proud of, doesn’t mean we are talking about institutions or programs on the same level.

There’s a whole lot of whataboutism in the MAGA mindset. A political leader or an institution can do 100 bad things compared to someone else who’s done one bad thing, and all you hear out of them is bashing the other one for the one bad thing.

175 years is 175 years at Iowa.

I’d love to hear a little more about what was happening in Alabama 175 years ago, and what’s happening in Alabama even today. It’s not even a place I would feel comfortable even visiting, and I’m a middle-aged white guy.
Alright, are we ready to confirm this is just Aristotle back under a new username?

You have quite a bit wrong here ^^^.

Will there be an NIL deal waiting with a local Mercedes or BMW dealer during his visit?
I hope so. I'm all for not cheating, and right now NIL $ is legal.

Seriously, would be huge get for Iowa and likely influence others in the class who are on the fence. I know nothing of inside nature, but seems good for Iowa that he cut his schools to 2 and chose to do his official to Iowa on their biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Ideal time to get the class rolling.

Please explain where he'll be playing in year two? Is he playing for Fran or KF? The rest is just sillyness. Yes, he's a 5 star player, but ready for the league, hardly. Go back and look at Wirfs. Extreme talent, and size obviously, but needed a lot of polish to be a complete player. Do you really think if he COULD have gone right to the league, (which they can't by the way), he would have been all pro right away with out his three years at Iowa? Hardly. Proctor, like Wirfs is a huge athletic kid. He's been mauling high school kids, most of whom had NO chance against him. Now he'll take a BIG step up and they'll be a learning curve and he'll need work to polish his technique and craft. Then the jump to the league is an even bigger jump where EVERYONE is big and skilled.

So not only were his "facts" just opinion...they weren't even opinion based on fact.

Reactions: Hans81 and F5n5
Could factor in choice? Day 1 starter at Iowa or possibly a redshirt at Bama.
As green as last year’s OL was last year, Proctor could have seen some time skipping his junior and senior seasons. Being semi-facetious but holy moly he’s got size most starting NFL tackles don’t have.

What is truly hilarious is by using that meme as an insult directed against me, you are entirely missing the irony of what the character is saying, and who the unselfaware person actually is. In other words, you trolled yourself, and made me laugh. So thank you.

I’m not the kind of person who relies on insults in order to avoid thinking.

And for those of you who don’t want to deal with so-called “political” issues, the reality is every football program exists at a university which itself exists in a community which exists in a state, and to quote Republican Abraham Lincoln, “you cannot escape history”.

there are a few Hawkeye fans who post a ton here and who certainly don’t seem like they ever went to the University of Iowa, or are much interested in education, or facts, or history, and I would venture to say that there are even more Alabama fans who never went to Alabama or even sniffed a college education.

regardless, everybody needs to know the history of the University of Iowa and it’s preeminent leadership position in diversity equity and inclusion.

That is not politics.

Those are facts and those are history and they are very relevant for any prospective student or athlete and their friends and families.

giphy.gif

I hope so. I'm all for not cheating, and right now NIL $ is legal.

Seriously, would be huge get for Iowa and likely influence others in the class who are on the fence. I know nothing of inside nature, but seems good for Iowa that he cut his schools to 2 and chose to do his official to Iowa on their biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Ideal time to get the class rolling.
Absolutely.

Not sure what official visits typically look like, but hopefully his host can take him downtown to the block party to take in some of the social offerings Iowa City has to offer. A lot has been discussed about what Iowa can offer in terms of football, but Iowa City is a great college town and getting to see that along with garnering some attention and love from students can’t hurt our chances to land him.

Not sure what official visits typically look like, but hopefully his host can take him downtown to the block party to take in some of the social offerings Iowa City has to offer. A lot has been discussed about what Iowa can offer in terms of football, but Iowa City is a great college town and getting to see that along with garnering some attention and love from students can’t hurt our chances to land him.
He's a stud at SEP with roughly 40 unofficial visits and a best friend that just enrolled last December. He knows Iowa City

Reactions: F5n5
On3 NIL estimates five Alabama players have a NIL value above $500K per year. all are upper classmen (including the 2021 Heisman winner). None are offensive linemen.

They have two offensive tackles above $500K in all of college football, one of whom is Joe Alt at Notre Dame.

They estimate Kadyn Proctor's NIL value at $269K.

X at $65K.

Estimated value does not mean that is what they are being paid.

They are just pulling those numbers out of their ass

Reactions: F5n5
miss-the-point.png
He's a stud at SEP with roughly 40 unofficial visits and a best friend that just enrolled last December. He knows Iowa City
Regurgitating obvious information completely unrelated to my original post about the social component of Iowa City is quintessential missing the point. Unofficial visits with your parents to Iowa City do not equate to the same experience of going out downtown for a major summer social event with other college aged kids/football players.

Regurgitating obvious information completely unrelated to my original post about the social component of Iowa City is quintessential missing the point. Unofficial visits with your parents to Iowa City do not equate to the same experience of going out downtown for a major summer social event with other college aged kids/football players.
He also got that during the Penn State game. He was one of a handful of recruits invited in the locker room after the game. Arland Bruce had a video of the post game celebration in the locker room. I'm sure they went downtown right after leaving the locker room.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
ADVERTISEMENT