ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Five-star OT Kadyn Proctor down to two

What was even the point you were originally trying to make? That he is in less need of NIL money (or at least less likely to need it) than a kid that went to a school in a non-affluent area? I would be considered middle class, and live in a school district (out of Iowa) where they spend a lot of money per pupil on public education. And if my son was offered hundreds of thousands of dollars in NIL money at a particular school, if everything else was equal I would advise him that there's nothing wrong with going to where the NIL money was more significant. There is zero guarantee that even a highly ranked high school player is going to end up with a huge NFL contract. I'd want my son to get a college education in the field that interests him. If one of his finalist schools offered more NIL money, where he could graduate and hand hundreds of thousands already in the bank, how is this a bad thing?

It's likely I'm way too obtuse and missed the whole point. Which is probably for the best.

There was a post above mine that raised the question of the necessity for Kayden to get NIL money. I simply answered the question.

Now you raised a different question completely. If I understand you correctly you are saying that NIL money should be important regardless of family wealth. At that point objectivity, the basis of my earlier posts, is no longer very important. I a kid from a family that doesn't need live off their kid's NIL money can afford to have their children play where the kid wants, or the parents would prefer. I would push Iowa because of the family tradition (both brother Mikey and I are Hawks) and my belief that college players should not get paid.

I would want my kids to go to Iowa if they got full schollies plus whatever NIL money our boys get. Bet on the long term if I had a five star lineman. The NFL money is life changing, the NIL money is nice but hardly life changing for an entire family.

But, that's subjective, entirely based on my values and priorities. Different people have different priorities and values. So it's their choice. We have different opinions or priorities. There is no value difference, just differences of opinions so small in practical terms as to amount to nothing.

Although, and with all due respect for your contrary opinion, I sure hope Kadyn and the Proctor family agree with me and not you.

With the earlier argument, ending where I started, there were math based inductive conclusions, nearly deductive conclusions, which explains my surprise that the guy wanted to keep coming back with the increasingly non responsive and personally insulting word bytes.

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
I

I haven't backed away from anything. Not bizzaro world. I quoted myself, who you twice misrepresented, in increasingly shitty language. An advocate does not "back out" by repeatedly restating their precise original words. You still have not said how or why I'm wrong or why using a pretty simple, very simple math/stats analysis of known facts to determine probability. Why did you insult me if you cannot grasp the following, syllogistically stated known facts and probabilities?

1. Kadyn goes to SE Polk HS.

2. SEP is the 6th most affluent school district in Iowa.

3. SEP is a huge school and geographically the largest in the Metro.

4. To be the 6th most affluent there must necessarily be a statistically significantly greater number of middle to executive income families than low income or poor families. That's the math part.

5. Since there are more middle to executive income families in his school district the probability of Kadyn coming from the larger demo (middle to executive) of families is greater than coming from the smaller demo (low income-poor). Just observation of an objective and accurate statement of the probabilities. Another math part.

6. I have continuously said since my original post and in every response thereafter I do not know the family nor their specific financial circumstances, only the probabilities. That's not backing away and for some reason you find the foregoing argument (premise+premise=conclusion n/snark or personal attacks) either mathematically and logically unsound; or, in your really silly second response attributed some "ignorance" to me without identifying any relevant fact or conclusion I missed. Perhaps the ignorance statement was an inartful way of suggesting some moral failing in my foregoing objective-math based conclusion.

Why are you at war with math? Why do you find logic silly? Be specific, arguments, not just repetitive non sequitur snarky or insulting one liners. Pull up your big boy pants and we can reason our way through your deep confusion about how math and logic work.​
More nonsense not to read lol.

Your public school does not equate to your wealth, period. Not does it have anything to do with nil being a factor or not to you.

This is especially true when you're an elite athlete. Must of us know how these obsessed suburbs will find ways to get kids in their teams.

You don't know their financial situation so quit pretending you do. They could be set or they could barely be getting by.

Your public school does not equate to your wealth, period. Not does it have anything to do with nil being a factor or not to you.

This is especially true when you're an elite athlete. Must of us know how these obsessed suburbs will find ways to get kids in their teams.

You don't know their financial situation so quit pretending you do. They could be set or they could barely be getting by.
Statistics don’t lie but statisticians do. Not figuring out why the op is digging in on this one.

At this point you are just lying about what I said. To be clear, I have never said the wealth of the school district and be used to identify the wealth of any one person living in that district. I could not be possibly clearer.

You are again lying about my probabilities argument. Let's use simple math since you really don't understand statistics or you would have shut down posts ago. Lets say we have a school where 65% of the student body comes from middle class to executive class income and 35% are lower income. From which demo is the "randomly selected" student? Knowing nothing else, and no that knows the family has posted specific knowledge we must rely on statistical analysis Kaydn is just the random student we pulled out of the entire school body. So unless you really are just a monkey with acceptable typing skills, how can you deny the obvious. The average kid is more likely to be from the 65% than the 35%. Do you not understand how probability works at all? That's how it appears to the people reading this, most of whom are Iowa grads and probably had enough math and logic to realize you are simply trying to deny the obvious and about a topic that should in no sense be controversial

This statement is an outright lie, lacking any truth in any way. "You don't know their financial situation so quit pretending you do. They could be set or they could barely be getting by." I've said that in every ****ing post-I don't know their individual situation I am making a prediction based on percentages, nor am I pretending to know. Can't you read? When someone says, I don't know the specific family situation that pretty much settles the subject of individual as opposed to the statistical average as the point of the simple exercise

I couldn't agree with you more. A conclusion that produces a "probably correct conclusion is not the same as a conclusion that proves a universally and is inductive in nature. That is what I am doing. On the other hand deductive reasoning produces an inarguably irrefutable and universally true conclusion. Ralph is a dog. All dogs are brown. Therefore, Ralph is brown. You should have learned the statistics in your senior year of HS and the logic in your first two undergrad years of college.

Are you one of those wokie lefties that see things they don't like and then hear dog whistles signaling some evil meaning based on something other than the explicit words the adversary used? If so, and I hate to be the one to tell you this, those aren't dog whistles they are simply voices in your head. Why are you so emotionally invested in Kadyn coming from a poor financial background?

You're starting to sound like you have about a 10th grade education. Plus some kind of personality disorder because you have been making up words I not only did not say and actually stated the opposite of what you keep mindlessly repeating in these distortions. How angry must you be to make up lies about which to argue. Stop digging the hole, Dude.

Last edited:
There was a post above mine that raised the question of the necessity for Kayden to get NIL money. I simply answered the question.

Now you raised a different question completely. If I understand you correctly you are saying that NIL money should be important regardless of family wealth. At that point objectivity, the basis of my earlier posts, is no longer very important. I a kid from a family that doesn't need live off their kid's NIL money can afford to have their children play where the kid wants, or the parents would prefer. I would push Iowa because of the family tradition (both brother Mikey and I are Hawks) and my belief that college players should not get paid.

I would want my kids to go to Iowa if they got full schollies plus whatever NIL money our boys get. Bet on the long term if I had a five star lineman. The NFL money is life changing, the NIL money is nice but hardly life changing for an entire family.

But, that's subjective, entirely based on my values and priorities. Different people have different priorities and values. So it's their choice. We have different opinions or priorities. There is no value difference, just differences of opinions so small in practical terms as to amount to nothing.

Although, and with all due respect for your contrary opinion, I sure hope Kadyn and the Proctor family agree with me and not you.

With the earlier argument, ending where I started, there were math based inductive conclusions, nearly deductive conclusions, which explains my surprise that the guy wanted to keep coming back with the increasingly non responsive and personally insulting word bytes.
There is also differences in the money in families. If you grew up in a very poor family, NIL looks pretty good.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
szuiutlfqqa81.jpg

I try not to talk down to the simps. If you want to argue Covid, there's not much going on in Hawk world so I would love to just ****ing crush you in that argument. Those kinds of arguments are my hobby, literally.

Now, it's a different story if you just want to trade insults. I'd prefer not to go down that road, but I will ****ing bury you in your own limitations should you choose to continue. That would not be nearly as fun as crushing you on the merits of the Covid hysteria, but it would be just as doable. That road is a trip you will not enjoy and ends in a dark place for your self-esteem.

Indeed, your infantile remark about age and IQ already betray fairly limited intelligence. Those are the things that the smarter dumb kids say to the really dumb kids at the dumb kid's lunch table. So, feel free to just go back to the dumb kid's table and tell them you really outsmarted the valedictorian. You will be king of the kids in desperate search of "C" so they can graduate, kind of like King Louis in the original Jungle Book.
*kids’

ADVERTISEMENT