ADVERTISEMENT

Fix banned for a year for use Ostarine

Descat1

HR All-State
Aug 28, 2014
Daton Fix is banned for a year for the illegal use of the drug Ostarine as reported by FLO. This drug is used to maintain body lean muscle while leaning out, which is why body builders have been known to use it. this will impact his weight cut moving forward. Had the Olympics occurred on time, he would not have been eligible and with the delay he will, apparently, be allowed in the trials. FLO says the suspension is up in February. I wonder how long he's been using performance enhancing drugs. He's always been a big kid at his weight. Too bad.

Looks like Daton Fix was just hit with a one year ban for doping. He was initially facing a 4 year ban, but was able to convince the panel he ingested ostarine by mistake. Anybody know if this means he's suspended for the NCAA season as well?

Up in February. But with Covid, there's barely been any competitions so it's not like he has missed much. Would guess he will miss a handful of matches this upcoming year.

Not much of a suspension considering there were no events for him to wrestle in for more than half of it, but I'd rather him at the trials anyway.

It went from Adderall that he had a script for to Ostarine and my Dad put it in my drink without telling me and a suspension that misses basically nothing. Lol
Did they ask his dad why he was supposedly on ostarine??? Getting into senior body building? lol

This excerpt from a post on TheMat really lays bare how lame this story is:

“...This story has everything. An "accidental" ingestion during an out-of-competition period ... because it was being taken by his father ... who was recommended the product by an assistant coach at his school ... and he took it with a "wellness drink" that his mother sellsthrough a multi-level marketing company. Wonderful...”

This excerpt from a post on TheMat really lays bare how lame this story is:

“...This story has everything. An "accidental" ingestion during an out-of-competition period ... because it was being taken by his father ... who was recommended the product by an assistant coach at his school ... and he took it with a "wellness drink" that his mother sellsthrough a multi-level marketing company. Wonderful...”

Please be advocare, please be advocare.

I just want to see wrestling and preferably the best wrestlers on the mat. To be fair back in the day I one time took a swallow of my dads beer that he had been using as a spit can! He thought it was hilarious.

Reactions: Edgar Wade and foxb
Obviously a faux story but it is what it is. A one year ban is more preferable for the USA than a four year suspension. Spencer could use the competition and warm up matches that go for 6 minutes potentially.

Let me get this straight. Fix is banned from 2/10/20 through 2/10/21? So, even though the
NCAA recognizes bans imposed by WADA/IOC, Fix, due to this timeline can still wrestle in Big 12, NCAA tournament and more than likely the Olympic Trials? Seems to me like he got off scot free. I wonder if this excuse will work for Valencia...

Several months ago there was a thread bashing Russia. Some posters took heat for saying to look in the mirror because of known steroid use in the USA. The 3 member panel that is letting Fix off should be terminated. Fix should be banned for the 4 years, and his NCAA results should be erased. Instead, the NCAA will continue to allow fix to dope without repercussions. The USA looks no different than Russia when they allow this type of blatant cheating go unpunished.

Let me get this straight. Fix is banned from 2/10/20 through 2/10/21? So, even though the
NCAA recognizes bans imposed by WADA/IOC, Fix, due to this timeline can still wrestle in Big 12, NCAA tournament and more than likely the Olympic Trials? Seems to me like he got off scot free. I wonder if this excuse will work for Valencia...

Question - can't the NCAA impose it's own suspension that does not mirror the USADA sanction?

Daton Fix is banned for a year for the illegal use of the drug Ostarine as reported by FLO. This drug is used to maintain body lean muscle while leaning out, which is why body builders have been known to use it. this will impact his weight cut moving forward. Had the Olympics occurred on time, he would not have been eligible and with the delay he will, apparently, be allowed in the trials. FLO says the suspension is up in February. I wonder how long he's been using performance enhancing drugs. He's always been a big kid at his weight. Too bad.
The only thing that is too bad is the fact the cheater is eligible this year. My guess is he's been using for several years. Especially since he knows Spencer is better.

At the time the original punishment went through, I think it seemed harsh enough. He would've missed a full year of competition and whatever money he would've been eligible for, during the Olympic year. I don't know if this likely would've carried into his NCAA eligibility and affected his scholarship there as well?

But since after the original suspension was given the whole COVID thing happened, they can't really go back after the fact and say "our original punishment wasn't good enough, we're suspending you another 1-3 years since you didn't really miss anything..."

Reactions: vhsalum
At the time the original punishment went through, I think it seemed harsh enough. He would've missed a full year of competition and whatever money he would've been eligible for, during the Olympic year. I don't know if this likely would've carried into his NCAA eligibility and affected his scholarship there as well?

But since after the original suspension was given the whole COVID thing happened, they can't really go back after the fact and say "our original punishment wasn't good enough, we're suspending you another 1-3 years since you didn't really miss anything..."

What he said. There's just no way legally, to be like, well... COVID happened, you get another year's suspension.

Also. Zahid's suspension will be up in January.

Sorry, if you get caught doping, your suspension should be event specific, not for a year, which may or may not impact you.

In my opinion, once a cheater, always a cheater. If you get popped for doping for todays competition, it will be my assumption that any past accomplishments were the result of doping.

Saw a few tweets about what a clean cut kid he is, BS. I liked the kid before this, but you have to be dumb as a bag of hammers to believe his story. Any credibility he had for his win over AD or his finals showing vs NS, he lost in my mind. Thankfully he lost that finals match because there is no doubt he was juiced for that competition and would have cheated Nick out of something significant.

OKST looking a lot like Juice "U", and all this time I thought it would be psu.

Sorry, if you get caught doping, your suspension should be event specific, not for a year, which may or may not impact you.

In my opinion, once a cheater, always a cheater. If you get popped for doping for todays competition, it will be my assumption that any past accomplishments were the result of doping.

Saw a few tweets about what a clean cut kid he is, BS. I liked the kid before this, but you have to be dumb as a bag of hammers to believe his story. Any credibility he had for his win over AD or his finals showing vs NS, he lost in my mind. Thankfully he lost that finals match because there is no doubt he was juiced for that competition and would have cheated Nick out of something significant.

OKST looking a lot like Juice "U", and all this time I thought it would be psu.
It's not necessarily an either/or. PSU has the treigning lab. OSU has fathers and coaches. The biggest difference is $$$$. Don't be too happy for Nicky because Rutgers has a lot of MMA connections.

The actual punishment was supposed to be 2 years. The 3 person panel found he was not to blame for ingesting it due to not knowing his father was putting it in the drinks. Therefore, they reduced it to 1 year.

The only issue is, it wasn't the original suspension. It was an interim suspension while they awaited a review and final decision, which just concluded. They could not refute his b.s. story, so they chose 1 year? WADA and the IOC could impose a longer suspension for international events if they felt the punishment imposed by USA Wrestling/Olympic Committee was not long enough.
Btw, Ostarine must be powerful stuff since one glass or chug of it will get you pinched in a drug test.

Hoythawk said, "...Fix should be banned for the 4 years, and his NCAA results should be erased. Instead."

The problem with retroactively stripping someone of their results is, they did not fail a drug test at that previous point in time. With Artur Taymazov, for example, he was stripped of an Olympic Gold, not because he tested positive at a later date, but because they re-tested his original samples from years before because they were still stored and preserved in a lab. When an athlete takes a new designer PED, there may not be a way to test for it, and at the very least, nobody knows it exists yet, so they have no way of knowing to look for it. With Taymazov, as time and technology caught up, they knew what new PEDs had been developed and re-tested his samples. If Fix has samples from the NCAAs etc. or previous WTT etc. they could go back and re-test to look for Ostarine if they had not done so the first time. However, in the court of public opinion, once a cheater = always a cheater will have retroactive effects.

Last edited:
Haha...So the Fix household just happens to have non FDA approved, banned substances laying around the house and oopsie, Daton drinks the old man's spiked shake. Oh yea, substance just happens to help with weight loss.
Chief, better read again. The substance doesn't help with weight loss. The testing for the product is to REVERSE weight and muscle loss due to several diseases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT