ADVERTISEMENT

Fix banned for a year for use Ostarine

Chief, better read again. The substance doesn't help with weight loss. The testing for the product is to REVERSE weight and muscle loss due to several diseases.
It helps maintain muscle while losing weight (something very hard to do), so Chief has the idea right. It allows him to stay strong while pulling tons of weight. Popular with body builders trying to maintain size while on a caloric deficit to get leaner for competition.

Desanto is just bad enough to go to Stillwater and exact revenge in March in Stillwater. Hope we get this meet on the schedule.

Reactions: Inthecircle
It helps maintain muscle while losing weight (something very hard to do), so Chief has the idea right. It allows him to stay strong while pulling tons of weight. Popular with body builders trying to maintain size while on a caloric deficit to get leaner for competition.
Agreed. It is *extremely* difficult to build / retain strength when under 10% bodyfat, which Fix certainly would be in the middle of the season.

Very, very hard to believe he took this accidently.

So what does this do to Olympic Trials seeding? How can you let Fix wrestle for an Olympic spot, when the intent of the original suspension would’ve kept him from doing so.
Didn’t Gilman qualify the USA 57Kg. Olympic spot because of the Fix suspension?
If you add another year to this suspension, or ban him from the upcoming Olympic Trials, that’s not going backwards.

did he fail 2 tests? one for adderall,one for the roid or is this same incident?

So what does this do to Olympic Trials seeding? How can you let Fix wrestle for an Olympic spot, when the intent of the original suspension would’ve kept him from doing so.
Didn’t Gilman qualify the USA 57Kg. Olympic spot because of the Fix suspension?
If you add another year to this suspension, or ban him from the upcoming Olympic Trials, that’s not going backwards.

seeding won’t be affected. Gilman qualified for the finals spot.

unfortunately, USADA is hamstrung by law. They can’t“prove” he didn’t ingest his fathers drink (insert eyeroll) and dad testified that was truth (insert HEAVY eyeroll here) - so the suspension gets reduced.

they can’t punitively add time because the Olympics were moved - because that has never been a punishment. You can’t just suspend guys from events. It’s a time factor.

seeding won’t be affected. Gilman qualified for the finals spot.

unfortunately, USADA is hamstrung by law. They can’t“prove” he didn’t ingest his fathers drink (insert eyeroll) and dad testified that was truth (insert HEAVY eyeroll here) - so the suspension gets reduced.

they can’t punitively add time because the Olympics were moved - because that has never been a punishment. You can’t just suspend guys from events. It’s a time factor.
Gilman qualified the weight and thus earned the 1 seed. Not a finals spot. I would have to think the winner of the Senior Nationals next month will be the 2 (unless it’s Gilman because he has the 1 locked up). My guess is Fix will be the 4/5. With being a previous world team member, but no results for a year+ I think that seems right. A guy like Spencer, Gross, Colon will have earned the right with good results next month. Although now I’m thinking we heard Colon retired or is going Greco (60kg). Maybe I’m making that up

What he said. There's just no way legally, to be like, well... COVID happened, you get another year's suspension.

Also. Zahid's suspension will be up in January.
Zahid technically has not been suspended yet by USADA, WADA or UWW, only by Arizona St.

This. If you are going to pretend like you believe the story to be true... he has to be fired, right?

Either Fix gets the full suspension or daddy gets fired...I’m not sure there’s another option that isn’t disgustingly dirty.

Absurd that they lie through their teeth on the source and are rewarded by a lesser punishment. That bogus ass excuse should result in a more severe punishment than if he just outright admitted to taking it. I've been saying for awhile the use of PEDs in NCAA sports and in particular wrestling goes untested and unpunished. Where is the Mark Hunt of the wrestling world to speak out on the issue?

whdq82kzvmm11.jpg

Wellllll after reading the story I'm going to have to change my mind. Either his Dad is psycho (which wrestling parents can be lol) or he knew.
I personally don't care tho. I think most of it should be legal and governed.

Now just hoping Valencia can get back to at least give Taylor a little competition.

It will be very difficult for him to maintain 57kg now moving forward ,and if he can his lean mass will significantly reduced, the difference will be easy to see.
The next question is what are the repercussions to his fathers involvement, if it is to be believed that he (Dayton) did not know (Bahahaha), then it’s painfully obvious his pop needs to be held accountable.

I'm with CurtisL40 who cares. Why are PED illegal? let everyone take them. If you want to damage yourself by ingesting yourself with things that may help you in the here and now but harm you later, life choices. Trust me an Iowa wrestler/ any state wrestler will have this happen too. Don't be judge and jury on this kid because he wrestles for another school.

Judge and jury? People sometimes make foolish life choices based on short-term results, whether Mr. Fix actually did or not. That's not good in Stillwater and it's not good in Iowa City either. Do the crime, pay the time, which in this case wasn't much.

I'm with CurtisL40 who cares. Why are PED illegal? let everyone take them. If you want to damage yourself by ingesting yourself with things that may help you in the here and now but harm you later, life choices. Trust me an Iowa wrestler/ any state wrestler will have this happen too. Don't be judge and jury on this kid because he wrestles for another school.
Without testing you shrink the pool of wrestlers competing because the natural guy has a serious disadvantage to the juicers. If PED's are not illegal, the competition becomes who has the best chemist, not who is the best wrestler.

what redghost just said, makes total sense. I was wrong when I said let them all do it who cares. It would truly come down to best chemist. grapplefan I apologize for the judge and jury. I use that way to often when it's really not called for and usually when I have 2 martini's. Who knew the bride has been right for 34 years "you should only have one". I love wrestling and would like to see the best wrestlers out there.

Reactions: redghost1974
Definitely one of the guys that got lucky with the Olympics being pushed back a year. It's amazing across sports how many young athletes it's helped or guys who would have been suspended but now won't be. You also have it the other way, a guy like Christian Coleman would of been eligiable for the 2020 Olympics misses yet another whereabouts check and is now out of the 2021 Olympics. All but a shoe in for the crown of "fastest man in the world" 100m winner.

A great story is Travon Brommel. Who has been hurt forever since the last Olympics. The 2020's being pushed back a year gave him the extra year he needed and he's come back to form and looks to be in contention again.

I just think it's fascinating that pushing back the Olympics, something that comes around obviously only every four years, by a year has helped a lot of people and hurt others.

Back to wrestling it also had to help Cox that he know had a year to get the needed size for 97kgs. Also Bo if he wanted to go up there but I think he's going 86kg. Won't Valencia eligible now too for the Olympics?

How do his dad and Chris Perry still have jobs?

It's pretty great that not only was he given a minor slap on the wrist, but they lied about him "accidentally" drinking daddy's PED mixed drink (that he bought from Chris Perry) in the fridge and they were rewarded for the lying rather than suffering a more severe punishment.

Last edited:
Really did not serve any suspension at all, he will have a hard cut to 57kg and maintain his strength without his Gogo juice.
He will be at 133 for this season let’s see how he looks there.

ADVERTISEMENT