ADVERTISEMENT

Fix Wrestles Gross and Backpack this weekend

I'd like to think he will choose bottom to gauge where he's at, and see if he can get out. November is about getting better at wrestling, it would be a different story if it was March.

That said, I think Lizak and Gross will ride him like a mule.

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub
I know this is up a weight but.....

If people are putting Dayton on Spencer's level and then not predicting him to demolish Lizak, I have no idea why they are making predictions. Lizak was no where close to putting Spencer in any danger at any point, if Dayton is that good, he should have no issues with Lizak.

I think he beats the back pack easily and loses to Gross.

If people are putting Dayton on Spencer's level and then not predicting him to demolish Lizak, I have no idea why they are making predictions. Lizak was no where close to putting Spencer in any danger at any point, if Dayton is that good, he should have no issues with Lizak.

Fix lost to Karam in high school. Back then, he had a tough time with elite leg riders. Lizak is def an elite leg rider. Lizak May present a matchup problem that hasn’t been worked out yet in the practice room.

Good point. I think Fix chooses bottom and escapes from Lizak. He is not the point scoring machine like Lee, so I expect the score to be close, but take Dalton with a solid 4-1 win.

Will take Gross to win 6-5.

Has Lizak ever turned a good wrestler?

Reactions: Dagboi
what's up guys, I think this is my 1st time posting on the iowa board, excited to hear some points of view from the Iowa side of thing. I will go ahead and tell you I am a wrestling fan 1st and foremost, Ok State season ticket holder, longtime Hawkeye fan since my wrestling coach in Va showed us a dual between Iowa and Iowa State and Terry brands pinned dan Knight and screamed in his face.. On the big weekend for Fix.. I think he should go takedown and release on both guys.. there's no reason for him to go down unless the other guy chooses top.. neither gross or liza's is unbeatable.

I can’t find writeup of Lizak v. freshman Suriano, but it was an 8-6 match. He might have turned him once. I know he rode him hard.

Yeah, Lizak can ride, ask Gilman- he ain't too shabby. As dangerous on top as anyone not named Lee. Guess we'll see early where Fix is. Really hope both the Gross and Lizak matches happen.

I can’t find writeup of Lizak v. freshman Suriano, but it was an 8-6 match. He might have turned him once. I know he rode him hard.

If I remember correctly, there were no back points in this one, just that tough ride by Lizak. Suriano had a bunch of takedowns, but gave up one to Lizak. I also think Suriano chose neutral in this match.

If I remember correctly, there were no back points in this one, just that tough ride by Lizak. Suriano had a bunch of takedowns, but gave up one to Lizak. I also think Suriano chose neutral in this match.
Thanks. I figured it was a TD or a quick turn.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I highly doubt Daton Fix is afraid to go bottom on either of those guys.

I know we like to discredit wrestlers from other teams, but he's an undefeated 4x hs champ and world champ. He's not afraid of anyone in the country. Just like our very own Spencer Lee.

Daton Fix was ranked higher than Spencer lee in high school. That wasn’t an oversight by flo or Intermat. He is damn good.

Will he replicate Spencer’s success? Who knows. Does he have the talent to do so? Absolutely. Remember this is a guy who (like Spencer) has tech’d his way to an age level world title.

I don’t think we see them go one on one until Olympic trials. I am fairly sure they are the same weight.

Good point. I think Fix chooses bottom and escapes from Lizak. He is not the point scoring machine like Lee, so I expect the score to be close, but take Dalton with a solid 4-1 win.

Will take Gross to win 6-5.
I think this is the first time (apologies if I had missed prior occurrences) I am seeing 'Dalton' Fix, and while i have no animosity towards the young man, I love the spirit wrong-naming opponents.

I think Fix takes both matches. Both Gross and Lizak are better on top than Dayton, but I think his takedown versatility is the X factor. He’s also got an elite gas tank and the ability to win close matches late. I’m very excited to see him vs Suriano.

The problem with Suriano vs Fix now is it will never compare to their epic whose number 1 match. No matter how great that match is this time, it simply can’t compete.

For those of you who haven’t seen it, please do yourself a favor and watch. And I’m not saying that because it’s Nick and I heart Rutgers. It really is worth the time.

Fix was rated higher because he had more good losses.

Spencer has only one

Daton Fix was ranked higher than Spencer lee in high school. That wasn’t an oversight by flo or Intermat. He is damn good.

Will he replicate Spencer’s success? Who knows. Does he have the talent to do so? Absolutely. Remember this is a guy who (like Spencer) has tech’d his way to an age level world title.

I don’t think we see them go one on one until Olympic trials. I am fairly sure they are the same weight.

Fix was rated higher because he had more good losses.

Spencer has only one

I was under the impression Flo said when it did the swap that they were saying Daton would have more upside and that’s why.

Maybe willie or Christian can stop by and let us know what prompted the change. I honestly don’t remember. I just recall the swap out.

I was under the impression Flo said when it did the swap that they were saying Daton would have more upside and that’s why.

Maybe willie or Christian can stop by and let us know what prompted the change. I honestly don’t remember. I just recall the swap out.
It was done after Spencer lost with a torn ACL to Desanto. And no Daton does not have more “upside”.

It was done after Spencer lost with a torn ACL to Desanto. And no Daton does not have more “upside”.

I’m not arguing who has more upside. But 2 years ago, he was with Yianni and Spencer for best in class. Fix is a no joke threat to take it all in whatever weight he wrestles. He did beat Spencer twice to make a cadet world team (in 2015 lol. Yes I know how long ago that is). Do I think he can beat Spencer again? Yes... if they wrestled ten matches it shouldn’t shock anyone if Fix wins 3/10. But that doesn’t make him better. But certainly on the same level.

IMO there is no way Fix beats Lee 3/10 if its at 125, and if its folkstyle. If Lizak and Gross have a hard time riding Fix, I will change my tune, but until he shows his mat wrestling abilities I'm going with Spencer at least 9 out of 10.

IMO there is no way Fix beats Lee 3/10 if its at 125, and if its folkstyle. If Lizak and Gross have a hard time riding Fix, I will change my tune, but until he shows his mat wrestling abilities I'm going with Spencer at least 9 out of 10.

Fair point on the weight part.

The problem with Suriano vs Fix now is it will never compare to their epic whose number 1 match. No matter how great that match is this time, it simply can’t compete.

For those of you who haven’t seen it, please do yourself a favor and watch. And I’m not saying that because it’s Nick and I heart Rutgers. It really is worth the time.

That was when it was reported (on this board at least) that there was mutual interest between Nick and the Hawks, so I was watching ever more intently. That match was certainly one for the ages. There was a whole dual meets worth of scrambles in just one match. Nothing but respect for both of those guys' abilities.

I highly doubt Daton Fix is afraid to go bottom on either of those guys.

I know we like to discredit wrestlers from other teams, but he's an undefeated 4x hs champ and world champ. He's not afraid of anyone in the country. Just like our very own Spencer Lee.

Just noting he did not choose down vs Fausz and Bresser last year.

I think this is the first time (apologies if I had missed prior occurrences) I am seeing 'Dalton' Fix, and while i have no animosity towards the young man, I love the spirit wrong-naming opponents.

Wait, what? Wrong naming opponents? Bruh that's the dude's name, Dalton. He's going up against Evan Lizak and Steve Gross. Hopefully we get that match against Nate Suriano in the future.

MPW-50003

Yeah I have to agree with this. Last year when the back pack could only ride SL for 27 seconds, told me all I needed to know about how elite that kid was. Anyone have the gif of Lizak mouthing "fuuuu" after Spencer got the reversal? Classic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT