ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck and Minnesota.........

My in-laws live in a suburb of the cities (Ham Lake) and they are freaking out right now. They live in a very nice home and are considering taking a huge loss just to get out of MN. He is from Blaine, 4 kids in school, all of his family are in MN and they are still considering it. If you want to go down a fun rabbit hole check out what 400k gets you in the cities today, 6 months ago those were 550-600k homes.
Hawkeye fan here who moved to Ham Lake last fall to be near family. Love the area. Not sure why they are freaking out, our home has increased value of 25K since buying last fall.It is also a nice home on an acre. We are so far from the downtown area pretty sure the value will continue to increase.

No no no. Some guy that lived in the cities a few years ago told me people in the cities love it.

No no no. Some guy who has never lived there and who has relatives that live out in the country and are afraid tells everyone it is horrible and everyone with options hates it and are moving out.

Try to be an adult and understand there can be layers and texture to life. It can both be bad in certain parts of the Twin Cities metro right now - because of recent events - and still be a great place to live for many others for many of the reasons stated by myself and others above.

You made a definitive statement that everyone with options were trying to get out of the Twin Cities because your relative that lives beyond the outskirts of the metro says it’s bad and feels that way. That is your example for why you say that. I provided you multiple counter-examples of people - who definitely have many options - choosing to move back to the Twin Cities right now. Also, I provided you hard data about listings and availability going down and house prices rising - after you told me to look at Zillow - proving what you kept saying as wrong.

Just because you want to be right doesn’t make you right. As with everything, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I’m sure there are people that might be worried and looking to move and there are people who still view it as a great place to live and who want to move back there. And I know for a fact - being that I still talk to dozens of people that live there on a weekly basis - that there are many who say that it’s not great what has happened recently but they still love it and would never move (again all successful people who would have options professionally to leave the Twin Cities if they wanted). But you are just being a petulant child who is unwilling to acknowledge that you don’t know everything, even when provided with proof by people who would know more than you.

Minnesota will become a sequel to the movie "The Purge" if the police department is defunded!

No no no. Some guy who has never lived there and who has relatives that live out in the country and are afraid tells everyone it is horrible and everyone with options hates it and are moving out.

Try to be an adult and understand there can be layers and texture to life. It can both be bad in certain parts of the Twin Cities metro right now - because of recent events - and still be a great place to live for many others for many of the reasons stated by myself and others above.

You made a definitive statement that everyone with options were trying to get out of the Twin Cities because your relative that lives beyond the outskirts of the metro says it’s bad and feels that way. That is your example for why you say that. I provided you multiple counter-examples of people - who definitely have many options - choosing to move back to the Twin Cities right now. Also, I provided you hard data about listings and availability going down and house prices rising - after you told me to look at Zillow - proving what you kept saying as wrong.

Just because you want to be right doesn’t make you right. As with everything, the truth is somewhere in the middle. I’m sure there are people that might be worried and looking to move and there are people who still view it as a great place to live and who want to move back there. And I know for a fact - being that I still talk to dozens of people that live there on a weekly basis - that there are many who say that it’s not great what has happened recently but they still love it and would never move (again all successful people who would have options professionally to leave the Twin Cities if they wanted). But you are just being a petulant child who is unwilling to acknowledge that you don’t know everything, even when provided with proof by people who would know more than you.
You provided a source that was over a year old and a source that had 3 lines refrencing June and everything else that references may. Its cool you love the cities and "talk with dozens of people from there each week."
tenor.gif

Again, just take a look.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Minneapolis,-MN_rb/

You provided a source that was over a year old and a source that had 3 lines refrencing June and everything else that references may. Its cool you love the cities and "talk with dozens of people from there each week."
tenor.gif

Again, just take a look.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Minneapolis,-MN_rb/

Twin cities' real estate prices are as high or higher than they've ever been. What exactly are you trying to show by sharing that link?

Reactions: rivalhawks
leading the B1G in football decommits up to this point. Another one today.

You'd think Iowa and the negative pub would be a factor, but apparently Fleck's high pressure tactics aren't being received so well.

Just wait until Irving switches to the Hawks.;)

I'm sure that the fact that Minneapolis is considering defunding their police department may have a lot to do with that. What a shit show that would be. Anybody who has the money will move out, and, as the crime increases, so will businesses. The poor will be stuck in the carnage with no help from surrounding law enforcement, as they have already told them that they will not bail them out. There is NO way I would send my kids to that University right now. I don't think you can pin this one on Fleck. Minneapolis is on the cusp of being the next 1990's Detroit.

Last edited:
I'm sure that the fact that Minneapolis is considering defunding their police department may have a lot to do with that. What a shit show that would be. Anybody who has the money will move out, and, as the crime increases, so will businesses. The poor will be stuck in the carnage with no help from surrounding law enforcement, as they have already told them that they will not bail them out. There is NO way I would send my kids to that University right now. I don't think you can pin this one on Fleck. Minneapolis is on the cusp of being the next 1990's Detroit.

No no no. There is a guy in here who talks to dozens of people a week who live in the cities. Life there is still great.

I'm not sure the decommits can all be connected to the unrest in the TCs. I think some of the kids simply took the Gopher offer to cover their butts until other schools showed serious interest.

The Fleckster is kind of a clown show and that appeals to some. But the fact that those virtual visits basically amounted to "polishing a turd"... only made initial commit as a way of getting the Fleckster to stop his high pressure recruiting. We've heard from multiple recruits that he pushes hard and threatens that the scholly might not be there at a later date.

Hell... I'd commit until a better school came calling, too.

Yeah black athletes decommit are worried about this? So dumb. A lie & racist

Most if not all black athletes & students are happy with u of m severing ties with Minneapolis police department.

Go look up bob Kroll. Gosh amazes me some ignorant people think this is a factor with black young men.

Reactions: IHATEIOWA
I'm not sure the decommits can all be connected to the unrest in the TCs. I think some of the kids simply took the Gopher offer to cover their butts until other schools showed serious interest.

The Fleckster is kind of a clown show and that appeals to some. But the fact that those virtual visits basically amounted to "polishing a turd"... only made initial commit as a way of getting the Fleckster to stop his high pressure recruiting. We've heard from multiple recruits that he pushes hard and threatens that the scholly might not be there at a later date.

Hell... I'd commit until a better school came calling, too.

Actually it's playing a big role because school-s are using the death of George floyd by Minneapolis police department as a negative recording & it's working

Actually it's playing a big role because school-s are using the death of George floyd by Minneapolis police department as a negative recording & it's working
The Fleckster has always been a polarizing figure. Either you like his antics because you're a Gopher fan or you don't.

The guy is identical to James Franklin at PSU... he always knows where the tv cameras are. His running on the field at the end of the Iowa game last fall is a PERFECT example. And that stunt have have actually cost his team the game.

He's a good fit for a fanbase looking for publicity.

What game? He didn't lose the Iowa game. That flag didn't matter Because refs ruled it as a change of possession already happened

What game? He didn't lose the Iowa game. That flag didn't matter Because refs ruled it as a change of possession already happened
That stunt didn't help his team and who knows what happens without the penalty? It was another "See Me" moment for the Fleckster.

I understand you defending him because his antics have made people aware of Minnesota football again. Prior to the Fleckster... Minnesota was known as "the place where opposing fans stole the goalposts".:p

Most if not all black athletes & students are happy with u of m severing ties with Minneapolis police department.

Go look up bob Kroll. Gosh amazes me some ignorant people think this is a factor with black young men.

I think the fact that you don't think "black athletes and students" worry about crime in their neighborhood, and believe that you speak for "black men" is racist.

Be careful of the words you throw around. Making a comment on a very possible social economic issue in Minneapolis has nothing to do with race. I don't even know the race of the players who are choosing to decommit, nor do I care. But it's your instinct to immediately go to race. I think that says a lot more about you, than me.

Last edited:
I think the fact that you don't think "black athletes and students" worry about crime in their neighborhood, and believe that you speak for "black men" is racist.

Be careful of the words you throw around. Making a comment on a very possible social economic issue in Minneapolis has nothing to do with race. I don't even know the race of the players who are choosing to decommit, nor do I care. But it's your instinct to immediately go to race. I think that says a lot more about you, than me.

Nope because racist people want to make this argument that the Minneapolis police department was disbarred, not true!

Black athletes praised u of m for banning Minneapolis police department on campus. You obviously have no idea how horrible Minneapolis police department is & hated by black people.

The fact a while person think they can speak for young black males is Hilarious and cute

The Fleckster has always been a polarizing figure. Either you like his antics because you're a Gopher fan or you don't.

The guy is identical to James Franklin at PSU... he always knows where the tv cameras are. His running on the field at the end of the Iowa game last fall is a PERFECT example. And that stunt have have actually cost his team the game.

He's a good fit for a fanbase looking for publicity.

and members...

Nope because racist people want to make this argument that the Minneapolis police department was disbarred, not true!

Black athletes praised u of m for banning Minneapolis police department on campus. You obviously have no idea how horrible Minneapolis police department is & hated by black people.

The fact a while person think they can speak for young black males is Hilarious and cute

1. Didn't say Disbarred. I said Defunded. Big difference. And I didn't say that they had been defunded. I said that they are looking at defunding, and they are.
2. you use a lot of assumptions and are grouping a large population into your narrative. Stereotyping is not a good thing.
3. I don't know what a "while" person is. Assuming you mean white, I would argue that you have no idea what race I am, and I think that ANYBODY white, black, or other, who believes that they are speaking for all "young black males" is delusional and "more than likely" more of a problem than a solution.

I never claimed to be "speaking for anybody" I only offered another possible reason. If you disagree with me, fine. I can accept that, and would be happy to debate merit, but there is no reason to call people racist because you disagree with them.

1. Didn't say Disbarred. I said Defunded. Big difference. And I didn't say that they had been defunded. I said that they are looking at defunding, and they are.
2. you use a lot of assumptions and are grouping a large population into your narrative. Stereotyping is not a good thing.
3. I don't know what a "while" person is. Assuming you mean white, I would argue that you have no idea what race I am, and I think that ANYBODY white, black, or other, who believes that they are speaking for all "young black males" is delusional and "more than likely" more of a problem than a solution.

I never claimed to be "speaking for anybody" I only offered another possible reason. If you disagree with me, fine. I can accept that, and would be happy to debate merit, but there is no reason to call people racist because you disagree with them.

I disagree with it because a lot of current gophers came out with stories about how police treated them because they are black .

So university of Minnesota ending their relationship with Minneapolis police department and banning them from campus was applauded & praised by black students/ athletes

I disagree with it because a lot of current gophers came out with stories about how police treated them because they are black .

So university of Minnesota ending their relationship with Minneapolis police department and banning them from campus was applauded & praised by black students/ athletes

Excellent. Some common ground. I understand and agree that what you say is correct. I also believe that things need to change in a big way. I will say, however, that I don't believe that defunding, which would decrease police presence by a potentially huge amount, is the answer. If you look, just social economically, it could have a catastrophic effect on the poor in that city. Crime will, most likely, rise and anybody, with the means to do so, will move to more secure areas that don't have the issues (suburbs). Businesses would soon follow, and it would leave only the poor, with no security, and no place to buy groceries, or other items of need. I believe that it would have the opposite effect of what is intended, and hurt a lot of people in the long run. Unfortunately, the law enforcement in the surrounding communities, have told Minneapolis that they are on their own when it comes to fall out from this decision, if made. That would leave the city council with egg on their face and the population to suffer the real consequences, which is often the case when things backfire. I just don't believe that it is a good idea. There has to be another way.

Lastly. I have to believe that the parents of kids looking to go to Minneapolis will, absolutely, consider these issues. They are just too big to ignore.

I would add, that there also has to be a fear that nothing changes. Both are bad.

Last edited:
I highly disagree with you based on the fact that many current gophers commit in the 21 class led by Steven Ortiz & parents have been on vacation/ get together in Florida you can look it.

The Minneapolis police department is corrupted & had alot of racism in the department. They have no relationship with many black people, Muslim, latino, etc in Minneapolis.

I can 100 percent guarantee you many black people including their parents were very happy & took to Twitter praising university of Minnesota for ending relationship with Minneapolis police department. Even some white recruits & parents praised university of Minnesota for doing so.

I highly disagree with you based on the fact that many current gophers commit in the 21 class led by Steven Ortiz & parents have been on vacation/ get together in Florida you can look it.

The Minneapolis police department is corrupted & had alot of racism in the department. They have no relationship with many black people, Muslim, latino, etc in Minneapolis.

I can 100 percent guarantee you many black people including their parents were very happy & took to Twitter praising university of Minnesota for ending relationship with Minneapolis police department. Even some white recruits & parents praised university of Minnesota for doing so.

We are really talking about two things. As far as the University ending their affiliation with the dept, I have no issue with that, and don't see any future issues. There are a lot of campus police dept that are trained just like any local law enforcement, and are more acclimated to the student community. I believe that is a good thing. The issue is the community that surrounds the university. The dept itself sounds like it needs a serious face lift for sure. I just don't think defunding is the answer. As a matter of fact, it may take more funding for a little bit. You don't want to get rid of your old couch without a new one to take its place. They need to get rid of their union, go through personnel files, and take out the trash. The extra funding would need to be in place to have new, or brought in, trained officers to take their place. Go out and recruit new management. It is a monumental, and expensive, job, but would be rewarding in the long run.

Fleck was Mr decommit before all this...

Reactions: TC_Hawk

So all blacks think the same? Just like you think they are all violent? What are you doing back here PJ?

So all blacks think the same? Just like you think they are all violent? What are you doing back here PJ?

Yeah actually they do. Don't talk to me about things you didn't know. Never o n.v ce did I say black people are violent. I bvb said don't be surprised if black people react to something that was said

If you go into Minneapolis, let alone south & north Minneapolis, you would know the black community bgg rates thr Minneapolis police department. It's so funny people like you can't seem to understand why the black community, Latino people, muslims, etc don't have any relationship with Minneapolis police. Even Minneapolis police chief sued the department for racism before becoming chief

We are really talking about two things. As far as the University ending their affiliation with the dept, I have no issue with that, and don't see any future issues. There are a lot of campus police dept that are trained just like any local law enforcement, and are more acclimated to the student community. I believe that is a good thing. The issue is the community that surrounds the university. The dept itself sounds like it needs a serious face lift for sure. I just don't think defunding is the answer. As a matter of fact, it may take more funding for a little bit. You don't want to get rid of your old couch without a new one to take its place. They need to get rid of their union, go through personnel files, and take out the trash. The extra funding would need to be in place to have new, or brought in, trained officers to take their place. Go out and recruit new management. It is a monumental, and expensive, job, but would be rewarding in the long run.

I so agree with you

Reactions: TC_Hawk
Yeah actually they do. Don't talk to me about things you didn't know. Never o n.v ce did I say black people are violent. I bvb said don't be surprised if black people react to something that was said

If you go into Minneapolis, let alone south & north Minneapolis, you would know the black community bgg rates thr Minneapolis police department. It's so funny people like you can't seem to understand why the black community, Latino people, muslims, etc don't have any relationship with Minneapolis police. Even Minneapolis police chief sued the department for racism before becoming chief
You certainly implied it, not shocking though from someone that thinks every person of certain color all agree on topics and none have a differing opinions or experience. I guess even black cops think they are scumbags since they are cops! Lmfao, get real....

People like me.....go f yourself moron lol

You are clearly just as racist as any racist white person!

You certainly implied it, not shocking though from someone that thinks every person of certain color all agree on topics and none have a differing opinions or experience. I guess even black cops think they are scumbags since they are cops! Lmfao, get real....

People like me.....go f yourself moron lol

You are clearly just as racist as any racist white person!

I am a racists? & you aren't moton? I never implied. A person on her said black people have victims mentality & I said if you said
This to a black person, don't expect a good reaction

By the way, since you want to be an ignorant troll and blatantly racist & don't do research, even black Minneapolis officers call out their white counterparts recently for staying silent and being complicit.

You might want to do research on black police officers filing a lawsuit recently in Minnesota for being banned for guarding the floor Derek Chauvin is on or how they can't even even go through the door they always use because Derek Chauvin is on that jail floor.

So you know what, gey a ****ing life racist trash

I am a racists? & you aren't moton? I never implied. A person on her said black people have victims mentality & I said if you said

By the way, since you want to be an ignorant troll and blatantly racist & don't do research, even black Minneapolis officers call out their white counterparts recently for staying silent and being complicit.

You might want to do research on black police officers filing a lawsuit recently in Minnesota for being banned for guarding the floor Derek Chauvin is on or how they can't even even go through the door they always use because Derek Chauvin is on that jail floor.

Keep stereotyping people of your own race you racist moron. Most importantly, please stay in Minnesota!!

Holy Shit with the racist thing. WTH! Gotta stop with that. Not everything is racist.

"I'm kind of in the mood for Sushi tonight."

"mmm. I'd really like a hamburger."

"Why are you being so racist?"

People can disagree without being racist. People of differing races can disagree without being racist. Sometimes, if you just talk it out, you may find you agree with more than you think.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
Holy Shit with the racist thing. WTH! Gotta stop with that. Not everything is racist.

People can disagree without being racist. People of differing races can disagree without being racist. Sometimes, if you just talk it out, you may find you agree with more than you think.
Don't question her stereotyping of her own people!!!

my point I'm trying to drill into her skull is people of the same race can disagree. She is unable to grasp that concept though. Stereotyping her own race is acceptable though apparently....

my point I'm trying to drill into her skull is people of the same race can disagree. She is unable to grasp that concept though. Stereotyping her own race is acceptable though apparently....

I a. Stereotyping my own people? You know the 1 to 5 percent of black people who vote Republican or 95 percent who vote Democrats?

I promise you, you wouldn't find 10 percent of black people agreeing with you

Keep stereotyping people of your own race you racist moron. Most importantly, please stay in Minnesota!!

I mean you are the racist moron. You want to attack a black person who has been called dumb black ****** or been racially profiled & stop by police.

Dude like you hide behind trying to use black people are my friends argument. My post I responded to was. No white person would dare go tell a black person they have victims mentality. You should go talk to black people especially in north Minneapolis or south Minneapolis where I have lived & come back to me.

Yeah, you wouldn't. You don't want to make any effort to care or understand why their is such a bitterness towards cops with the black community and minority people

Why would anybody recommit from the Fleckster. He has all those cool buzzwords and that really cool gigantor plumbers wrench for sideline swag.

I mean you are the racist moron. You want to attack a black person who has been called dumb black ****** or been racially profiled & stop by police.

Dude like you hide behind trying to use black people are my friends argument. My post I responded to was. No white person would dare go tell a black person they have victims mentality. You should go talk to black people especially in north Minneapolis or south Minneapolis where I have lived & come back to me.

Yeah, you wouldn't. You don't want to make any effort to care or understand why their is such a bitterness towards cops with the black community and minority people
The only black people I would talk to do not have a victim mentality and would laugh at you for having one. I won't call them friends to make you happy though :).

Keep stereotyping whites and blacks and wondering why things are the way they are. Hint hint people like you that stereotype are a big reason why ;)

By the way you act like I think there is no problems in the country. there is I just get sick of people like you that want to act like every single person agrees with something when they don't. People like you are the reason black cops out there get treated like shit by some kids because their parents grow up telling them to do so because of their job. all cops aren't the same all people aren't the same all whites aren't the same all blacks are the same blah blah blah etc etc. Get a clue.

I a. Stereotyping my own people? You know the 1 to 5 percent of black people who vote Republican or 95 percent who vote Democrats?

I promise you, you wouldn't find 10 percent of black people agreeing with you
That might be true. however that doesn't mean you get to speak for those people and act like they agree with you does it?

The only black people I would talk to do not have a victim mentality and would laugh at you for having one. I won't call them friends to make you happy though :).

Keep stereotyping whites and blacks and wondering why things are the way they are. Hint hint people like you that stereotype are a big reason why ;)

By the way you act like I think there is no problems in the country. there is I just get sick of people like you that want to act like every single person agrees with something when they don't. People like you are the reason black cops out there get treated like shit by some kids because their parents grow up telling them to do so because of their job. all cops aren't the same all people aren't the same all whites aren't the same all blacks are the same blah blah blah etc etc. Get a clue.

No you get a clue! It's mind boggling how clueless you are. All cops are the same. The fact you haven't watched what happened & how the good cops don't come forward us hilarious.

Also you accusing a black person of having victim mentality say alot about you. You haven't been called a dumb ****** or stop by a cops 2x times within several block for walking to target 5min away

ADVERTISEMENT