ADVERTISEMENT

Fleming

THOMASSONR

Rookie
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
Did Fleming just out of position twice late in the game or should a safety been back to help?

It's the sort of thing that you learn from film-study. You learn the tendencies of the opposing WRs ... so you know what to expect with regard to how they run their routes. That way it makes it harder to get beat.

It seems to me that Fleming has ability ... but he doesn't necessarily prepare like he's a starter. Even back-ups ... particularly guys who are just an injury from starting ... should be preparing like they're going to be the starter.

And he dropped two picks. Hopefully he'll bounce back next week when given the chance.

There is a reason he is buried on the depth chart. Get those hips on a swivel kid!

He was awful. He got turned around twice. He should have been burned 3 times, but the
Receiver dropped the pass.

I was close to the field and on one play the ISU QB yelled out "Fleming!" and then tossed the ball to him, and Fleming dropped it. ISU QB then sarcastically applauded. It was bizarre.

It's the sort of thing that you learn from film-study. You learn the tendencies of the opposing WRs ... so you know what to expect with regard to how they run their routes. That way it makes it harder to get beat.

It seems to me that Fleming has ability ... but he doesn't necessarily prepare like he's a starter. Even back-ups ... particularly guys who are just an injury from starting ... should be preparing like they're going to be the starter.

This is so true. And I would expect yesterday's performance would help Fleming to focus going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT