ADVERTISEMENT

Flofilm: RBY

jrod65

HR All-American
Jan 21, 2019
I know that I am a sucker for human interest pieces, but I highly suggest that people put aside their fandom/opinions on RBY's wrestling and watch the video.

He's got a story that's certainly worth an hour of your time to listen. Much respect to him for sharing. And great job by Flo putting it together.

I know that I am a sucker for human interest pieces, but I highly suggest that people put aside their fandom/opinions on RBY's wrestling and watch the video.

He's got a story that's certainly worth an hour of your time to listen. Much respect to him for sharing. And great job by Flo putting it together.

This was really good. Thanks for posting it.

Impressive how RBY didn’t have the traditional guidance many of us get from parents, but others around him stepped up to provide what he needed during his teenage years when things can often go south for kids. Kudos to them and to him for overcoming a less than ideal environment.

Kudos to RBY for being vulnerable and sharing his story. Lots of kids in the world growing up in a less than ideal environment....and hearing a RBY type story could be so impactful. That's some very powerful stuff. If he writes a book someday, I know I'll buy it. Although yes, it's great to hear how others supported RBY during his early years, it takes a "David Goggins" type mindset to overcome some of the challenges RBY faced during his early years. I think it's fair to say no one's childhood is "utopia", but I am forever grateful to have grown up in a two parent household receiving more than enough love and support. Hard for me to personally fathom what it would have been like to not have that experience.

Keep on sharing your story RBY. Lots of people will reap the benefits. Great stuff and thanks for sharing this clip

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT